Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

1-2 punch flow chart

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,463 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:10 PM

Posted Image

This is Money Monkey's chart

#2 CDASH3975

CDASH3975
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:51 PM

Yes, this is a good one. I have just started using this one around the first of the mouth.

#3 bluesmap

bluesmap
  • Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

great! thanks

#4 snarf

snarf
  • Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:28 PM

wouldn't it be cool if there were sample letter links in each section of this flow chart?

bumplealetterlinkintheboxes...

#5 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,463 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:59 AM

Who wants to do the work? We will give you credit for it. :dntknw:

#6 snarf

snarf
  • Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

i'll attempt it. but fyi, I'm a slow boiler...

#7 Latryce

Latryce
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:08 AM

Hey Snarf, any luck with this?

If you need to get bailed out, I can do it.

Breeze, others, since there is a ga-zillion letters, all are worthy of linkage, can you let me know which ones to link the boxes to?

#8 Riley

Riley
  • Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:07 PM

my charged off debts are still being report by the OC. only one is being reported by the CA and it looks as if that is the one purchased.
if they are not being reported by the CA should I attempt to settle? I have not received validation yet from any. but I want them gone, I don't want CA calling my house anymore, I don't want to think or worry about it.
I am confused over what to do.

#9 snarf

snarf
  • Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:11 PM

Hey Snarf, any luck with this?

If you need to get bailed out, I can do it.

Breeze, others, since there is a ga-zillion letters, all are worthy of linkage, can you let me know which ones to link the boxes to?

Hi!
well... err... I've had bigger fish to fry with Cap 1. I started it and haven't gotten as far and thorough as I'd like, but its on my over ambitious list :wave:
Feel free!

#10 hogcrazy

hogcrazy
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:37 PM

so what step do I do first?
Or I do both?
What about if I dont have any letter from the CA's?

#11 cocori

cocori
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:41 PM

Or I do both?

Review the chart again...both the CRA and CA are sent a letter on Day 1. I, however, waited until I had confirmation via certified mail return receipt requested that the CA had received the letter, then I sent a letter to the CRA. No need for a letter from the CA, does it appear on your report.

#12 hogcrazy

hogcrazy
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:47 AM

Or I do both?

Review the chart again...both the CRA and CA are sent a letter on Day 1. I, however, waited until I had confirmation via certified mail return receipt requested that the CA had received the letter, then I sent a letter to the CRA. No need for a letter from the CA, does it appear on your report.

yes CA does show on our Credit reports, but how can I send letter without finding their adresses?

#13 pryan67

pryan67

Mikey, the Life cereal kid

• Mod Squad
  • 49,118 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:08 AM

their address should be on your credit reports...otherwise, you can typically find their address online...

I disagree with the flowchart...since it's telling you to send the CRA and CA letters at the same time...personally, I believe you should send the CA latter first...then after they receive it (which you'll know because you'll send EVERYTHING CMRRR), you send your dispute (CMRRR again) to the CRAs

#14 GEORGE

GEORGE
  • Members
  • 81,453 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:59 AM

Or I do both?

yes CA does show on our Credit reports, but how can I send letter without finding their adresses?

USE THE ADDRESS ON THE CREDIT REPORT

#15 shortybookit

shortybookit
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:39 AM

Your Name
123 Your Street Address
Your City, ST 01234

ABC Collections
123 NotOnYourLife Ave
Chicago, IL

Date:

Re: Acct # XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me on September 30, 20027. Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (:grin: that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.

This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that I have any legal obligation to pay you.

Please provide me with the following:

What the money you say I owe is for;
Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe;
Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe;
Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable;
Identify the original creditor;
Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account
Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state
Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent

At this time I will also inform you that if your offices have reported invalidated information to any of the 3 major Credit Bureau’s (Equifax, Experian or TransUnion) this action might constitute fraud under both Federal and State Laws. Due to this fact, if any negative mark is found on any of my credit reports by your company or the company that you represent I will not hesitate in bringing legal action against you for the following:

Violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
Violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Defamation of Character
If your offices are able to provide the proper documentation as requested in the following Declaration, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information and during such time all collection activity must cease and desist.

Also during this validation period, if any action is taken which could be considered detrimental to any of my credit reports, I will consult with my legal counsel for suit. This includes any listing any information to a credit reporting repository that could be inaccurate or invalidated or verifying an account as accurate when in fact there is no provided proof that it is.

If your offices fail to respond to this validation request within 30 days from the date of your receipt, all references to this account must be deleted and completely removed from my credit file and a copy of such deletion request shall be sent to me immediately.

I would also like to request, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices to my home or to my place of employment, unless it is to provide validation or release of liability of the debt. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by USPS.

It would be advisable that you assure that your records are in order before I am forced to take legal action. This is an attempt to correct your records, any information obtained shall be used for that purpose.

Best Regards,

Your Signature
Your Name

#16 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,463 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

Be careful about sending form letters. Our letters are templates for you to use to write your own.

#17 GEORGE

GEORGE
  • Members
  • 81,453 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:13 PM

JUST WING IT...

Write your own letter

#18 GEORGE

GEORGE
  • Members
  • 81,453 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

THE CA(s) COULD CARE LESS WHAT LAWS ARE OUT THERE

#19 Rebuilding2010

Rebuilding2010

Spoiled Influence

• Members
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

I disagree with the flowchart...since it's telling you to send the CRA and CA letters at the same time...personally, I believe you should send the CA latter first...then after they receive it (which you'll know because you'll send EVERYTHING CMRRR), you send your dispute (CMRRR again) to the CRAs

What's the benefit of waiting to get the CMRRR? You're not suggesting waiting for the response from the CA right? Just making sure the CA got the validation?

I'm going to do a mixture of the 1-2 punch and the Jack Attack. So...
Step 1 is send validation to CA, wait for green card.
Step 1.5 is send Jack Attack to the CRA's.
Step 2 is to pray this deletes all negatives from all cra's.
Step 3 is to step back into reality. If not deleted then...
Step 4 is to 623 the Original Creditors
Step 4.5 PFD
Step 5 GW Original Creditors
Step 6 is to wait for everything to age off.

Sound good?

#20 Madlock

Madlock
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:17 AM

Terrific chart. Kudos and thanks to its creator.

I do have a question, however. One of the steps reads, "Use method of verification to remove item".

Can anyone please offer a specific explanation of what this means?

Thanks.

#21 underdog823

underdog823
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:48 AM

Your Name
123 Your Street Address
Your City, ST 01234

ABC Collections
123 NotOnYourLife Ave
Chicago, IL

Date:

Re: Acct # XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me on September 30, 20027. Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (:mellow: that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.

This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that I have any legal obligation to pay you.

Please provide me with the following:

What the money you say I owe is for;
Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe;
Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe;
Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable;
Identify the original creditor;
Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account
Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state
Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent

At this time I will also inform you that if your offices have reported invalidated information to any of the 3 major Credit Bureau’s (Equifax, Experian or TransUnion) this action might constitute fraud under both Federal and State Laws. Due to this fact, if any negative mark is found on any of my credit reports by your company or the company that you represent I will not hesitate in bringing legal action against you for the following:

Violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
Violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Defamation of Character
If your offices are able to provide the proper documentation as requested in the following Declaration, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information and during such time all collection activity must cease and desist.

Also during this validation period, if any action is taken which could be considered detrimental to any of my credit reports, I will consult with my legal counsel for suit. This includes any listing any information to a credit reporting repository that could be inaccurate or invalidated or verifying an account as accurate when in fact there is no provided proof that it is.

If your offices fail to respond to this validation request within 30 days from the date of your receipt, all references to this account must be deleted and completely removed from my credit file and a copy of such deletion request shall be sent to me immediately.

I would also like to request, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices to my home or to my place of employment, unless it is to provide validation or release of liability of the debt. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by USPS.

It would be advisable that you assure that your records are in order before I am forced to take legal action. This is an attempt to correct your records, any information obtained shall be used for that purpose.

Best Regards,

Your Signature
Your Name

does anyone have a template asking to for more Validation??...I did this letter and they only sent me back my Credit Card Application..they did NOT send
proof of moneys owed ...can anyone help with a follwo letter just like this one asking for more valadation??

Thank you

#22 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,463 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:54 AM

Hi, Welcome. If you start your own thread (go up a level to the main forum), it will be less confusing.

#23 underdog823

underdog823
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:38 PM

Hi, Welcome. If you start your own thread (go up a level to the main forum), it will be less confusing.

sorry new be here
but still looking for some help with my question

#24 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,463 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:34 PM

sorry new be here
but still looking for some help with my question

Yes, I know you are new, I am the one approving your posts. Not many regulars read this thread every day, so it will be better if you post a new thread in the main credit forum.

#25 grendel

grendel
  • Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:03 AM

I am happy to see, 7 years later that this still works.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.