breeze

1-2 punch flow chart

This is still going? Wow. I am honored. Does it still work? :wave:

Yep, it sure does. The law is the law.

I was reading this on a different site that was giving me information on how to go about disputing a debt. Thank you for this chart as I will be using the 1-2 Punch very soon.

Hello Everyone! Recently I came back to this forum in order to clean up my CR a bit. Ok, more than a bit as I filed BK7 in 2014

I have collection and a BK chapter 7 on my CR's

and on EX only, 2 tax liens .

After reviewing Fedtrouble’s steps to remove a BK, i realized it was indeed possible to do so. I have started with removing the collection account on my file. Here is what i have done so far attempting the 1-2 punch.

My questions follow at the bottom and I greatly appreciate your input!

July 25th mailed DV letter to CCS (Credit Collections Services Norwood, MA)

July 31st CCS rep received and signed DV letter

August 3rd - Transunion received letter of dispute for CCS

August 4th - Equifax & Experian received letter of dispute for CCS

Letter of Dispute:

MY NAME/ADDRESS

CRA NAME/ADDRESS

RE: REMOVAL OF INACCURATE INFORMATION LISTED ON CREDIT REPORT

‘In reviewing the attached credit bureau report issued by your agency, I am disputing the following information that is currently listed on my credit report in error:

Company: CCS Account Number Listed: None ( there was no account number listed on my CR)

Under the provision set forth in the 1977 Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act, i hereby request your agency prove to me in writing the accuracy of the reporting of this account. Under the terms of the Act and succeeding court cases, you have 30 days to prove such accuracy or revoke the account entirely from the my report. I ask that you do so. You will note that this letter was sent certified mail, and i expect a response within the said 30-day period. Should i not hear promptly from you, i will follow up with whatever action necessary to cause my report to be corrected.

Incorporated to the bottom right of this letter is a copy of my State issued identification as proof of my identification, as proof of my identity and address.

Sincerely,

MY NAME PRINTED

Driver’s License # COPY OF DRIVER’S LICENSE WAS INSERTED HERE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 2nd - TransUnion issued the following letter:

Thank you for contacting TransUnion. Our goal is to maintain complete and accurate information on consumer credit reports. We have provided the information below in response to your request.

Re: Need Additional Information

Our records show that TransUnion has provided you with the file disclosure(s) you were eligible to receive free of charge within the past twelve month period. If you would like to receive an additional file disclosure, please contact us at 800-916-8800 and be prepared with appropriate payment method or please complete the attached form and provide payment in the amount of $8.00.

You may contact us at 800-916-8800. Our business hours are monday through friday 8am-11pm, easter time.

If you have additional questions or concerns, p-lease contact TransUnion a the address shown below or visit us on the web at www.trasnunion.com. For general information . When contacting our office, please provide your current file number *****2805.

P.O. Box 2000

Chester, PA 19016-2000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 7th- TransUnion issued the following letter:

Thank you for contacting TransUnion. Our goal is to maintain complete and accurate information on consumer credit report. We have provided the information below in response to your request.

Re: Dispute Status

After reviewing your correspondence, we are unable to process your request because we were unable to determine the nature of your request or your request was illegible. To investigate information contained in your credit report, please type or print the amount name and number, and specify why you are disputing it (for example, “this is not my account, have never paid late” , etc. ). Please provide us with this information so we may process your request and initiate an investigation. you may contact us at 800-916-8800. Our business hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-11pm., Eastern Time. If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact TransUnion at the address shown below or visit us on the web at www.transunion.com for general information. When costa icing our office, please provide y our current file number *****2805

PO box 2000

Chester, PA 19016-2000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 16th - I received the following letter from CCS sent regular mail:

My name and address listed here

Creditor: United Financial Casualty Company (this name is nowhere listed on my CR's)

Account number: ********#z

CCS number: *******A04

Amount of debt: $673.94

Enclosed please find a copy of the document(s) you requested.

The above referenced amount is clearly stated. Please remit payment at this time and/or contact their office for personal assistance Thank you.

We are required to make the following statement: this is an attempt to collect a debt, and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. This communication was sent from a debt collector.

The enclosed document lists:

1. return address as “Progressive, po box tampa, FL 33361
  2. Document is simply a ‘final Bill” neither CCS or united financial casualty company is listed anywhere ( its a payment coupon for progressive direct)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have not responded to anyone as of yet.

TU CR reflects the following for CCS “ Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements”

EQ CR reflects the following for CCS “Consumer disputes this account information”

EX CR reflects the following for CCS “account information disputed by consumer (meets requirement of the Fair Credit Reporting

Act) “

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1. The first reply by TU seemed irrelevant to me. Were they attempting to confuse me?
  2. Do i need to re-dispute the item with TU since they are requesting more clarification? Isn’t stating “ I am disputing the following information that is currently listed on my credit report in error: Company: CCS Account Number Listed: None " sufficient????
  3. Do i wait the 30 days for CCS since their response is clearly insufficient for validating a debt?

Also, since i added my DL picture at the bottom of the dispute, is that going to bite me in the rear since I recently attained a personal mail box and want to remove my residential address from my CR in order to begin the process of removing my BK?

Thank you all in advance for your input! It is very much appreciated!!! :wave: ~ Blessings, Shelby

Welcome back. You might want to post this in the main credit forum. I think you are one of the few that reads the pinned topics. :wave:

Welcome back. You might want to post this in the main credit forum. I think you are one of the few that reads the pinned topics. :wave:

Thank you! haha... Happy Friday!!

I have to ask - can this method be used on original creditors who have "charged off" a debt, rather than collection agencies?

Back in 2012, I signed up for a department store credit card when checking out to save like $30 on a purchase. Probably a dumb decision in the long run.

They charged the new account, but never sent me a credit card, a bill, or any sort of collection letter. Eventually, I forgot about it completely. But it shows up on my credit report as "charged off after 180 days late".

Having the account removed from my report would be a great result - but if necessary I'd be willing to pay the original balance (minus the late fees and interest they charged me), in exchange for a full removal of the account from EX/TU/EQ.

This is definately a post worthwhile for the beginner. Wish I saw this when I first started. Definitely print out worthy!