Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

help with rjm acq llc.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 nutcase

nutcase
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

hi guys I appreciate all the help you guys have given. I have a totally clean report, but now on my ex and tu I have rjm acq. showing $173 owed to bank of america checking now I do not know about this account I did not have a boa account in 7-8 years. so I right away disputed the collection account online(I know I should have done it via usps) with experian and trans union and they verified it within 24 hours on experian they changed the date that it will report till 03/2014 and on tu they responded 3 days later updating to 05/2014. so I sent out a dv letter crrr via usps a week ago. what is my next step with them? all help would be much appreciated

#2 nutcase

nutcase
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:14 AM

bump

#3 SBA

SBA
  • Members
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

I just saw a new account appear on my Experian report from RJM, sent RJM a simple DV, and the account vanished in a matter of days.

#4 nutcase

nutcase
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:22 AM

I just saw a new account appear on my Experian report from RJM, sent RJM a simple DV, and the account vanished in a matter of days.

hi thanks for your response ]. did you dispute it also with cra? I did and they verified it within hours(i sent them dv also) I hope I get same result. thanks

#5 Credit Mama

Credit Mama
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:31 AM

I too have RJM on my CR ( dropped me 35 points).

Together we shall stand and fight!

I mailed my DV two weeks ago. No response.

Edited by Credit Mama, 23 March 2012 - 05:32 AM.

#6 SBA

SBA
  • Members
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

hi thanks for your response ]. did you dispute it also with cra? I did and they verified it within hours(i sent them dv also) I hope I get same result. thanks

In the future, do not do online disputes. For this tradeline, send a DV to RJM.

I did not dispute mine with CRA, just sent DV.

#7 Credit Mama

Credit Mama
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

For clarification who did you send your DV cMrrr to ?

#8 nutcase

nutcase
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

I sent it here!
RJM Acquisitions LLC
Suite 224
575 Underhill Blvd
Syosset, New York 11791

#9 nutcase

nutcase
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

I just checked them out on the bbb and they became bbb accredited as of 2/24/2012. does that mean they are trying to be more customer friendly??

#10 JunkBuyersWorstNightmare

JunkBuyersWorstNightmare

Hand-to-Hand JDB Combat Instructor

• Members
  • 11,431 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

I just checked them out on the bbb and they became bbb accredited as of 2/24/2012. does that mean they are trying to be more customer friendly??

You are NOT their customer. Whomever actually owns the paper is.

#11 nutcase

nutcase
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

I hear you. what I meant was do you think they are trying to accommodate to keep up there reputation a+ score and accredited...

#12 JunkBuyersWorstNightmare

JunkBuyersWorstNightmare

• Members
  • 11,431 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

I hear you. what I meant was do you think they are trying to accommodate to keep up there reputation a+ score and accredited...

Remains to be seen. Most collectors don't care a rat's arse about that. All they care about is the bottom line.

#13 brainchasm

brainchasm

BS Detector

• Members
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

From what I've seen, the vast majority of RJM's portfolio is paper well outside the SOL for legal action, and usually outside the SOL for reporting.

Check your local laws, find out for sure on the dates and such, and if it's outside the reporting SOL, tell them to pound sand.

They still send me a letter about once a quarter about some way old Wells Fargo checking account. But they've never tried to put it on my reports; if they do, I'm sure I can make it cost them more than the paper could ever be worth.

#14 JunkBuyersWorstNightmare

JunkBuyersWorstNightmare

• Members
  • 11,431 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

From what I've seen, the vast majority of RJM's portfolio is paper well outside the SOL for legal action, and usually outside the SOL for reporting.

Check your local laws, find out for sure on the dates and such, and if it's outside the reporting SOL, tell them to pound sand.

They still send me a letter about once a quarter about some way old Wells Fargo checking account. But they've never tried to put it on my reports; if they do, I'm sure I can make it cost them more than the paper could ever be worth.

:good:

#15 BananaTheDog

BananaTheDog

Bump Influence XXVI

• Members
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

This is how I handled RJM a half year ago... A GOOD LAUGH HERE

Edited by BananaTheDog, 23 March 2012 - 09:30 PM.

#16 trubliever82

trubliever82
  • Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

I had clean reports up til about a month ago and RJM popped up from fees from a checking account with key bank from 2008. I DV and they send me copies of bank statements. Anyone have any luck getting a pay for deletion?

#17 JunkBuyersWorstNightmare

JunkBuyersWorstNightmare

• Members
  • 11,431 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

I had clean reports up til about a month ago and RJM popped up from fees from a checking account with key bank from 2008. I DV and they send me copies of bank statements. Anyone have any luck getting a pay for deletion?

That may well be beyond SOL for your state.

#18 nutcase

nutcase
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

UPDATE : I just got them off my experian report I jack attacked it after they did not respond to my dv. they where never on my equifax. now I have to get them off my trans union. any suggestions? also anything to worry about them poping back up on experian.... thanks again all you guys for your continued help.

#19 raymond721

raymond721
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Last year around this same time,before I even found useful info on this board,I called them up and asked for a PFD...they agreed and it was off my report next cycle

#20 SBA

SBA
  • Members
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

UPDATE : I just got them off my experian report I jack attacked it after they did not respond to my dv. they where never on my equifax. now I have to get them off my trans union. any suggestions? also anything to worry about them poping back up on experian.... thanks again all you guys for your continued help.

Suggestions? Same as I've posted above: Send a DV letter.

#21 BananaTheDog

BananaTheDog

Bump Influence XXVI

• Members
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

Suggestions? Same as I've posted above: Send a DV letter.

Most people send the same letter to all three CRA's, in your case it should have gone to TU and EX.

#22 Sandscrit

Sandscrit
  • Forum Leads
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Last year around this same time,before I even found useful info on this board,I called them up and asked for a PFD...they agreed and it was off my report next cycle

You got an oral agreement or in writing?B)

#23 raymond721

raymond721
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

No being dumb and uneducated I called and ask for a pfd,I paid over the phone,they then sent me a notice stating that it would be removed from all 3 cra

#24 jmf8756

jmf8756
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

To those who got responses from RJM after DV, how long did it take them to respond? Either with validation or a delete? I sent a DV about 3 weeks ago and got the green card back soon after. It's still on the credit reports and I've gotten no response from them.

#25 CreditDespair

CreditDespair
  • Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

hi guys I appreciate all the help you guys have given. I have a totally clean report, but now on my ex and tu I have rjm acq. showing $173 owed to bank of america checking now I do not know about this account I did not have a boa account in 7-8 years. so I right away disputed the collection account online(I know I should have done it via usps) with experian and trans union and they verified it within 24 hours on experian they changed the date that it will report till 03/2014 and on tu they responded 3 days later updating to 05/2014. so I sent out a dv letter crrr via usps a week ago. what is my next step with them? all help would be much appreciated

RJM is very very flexible with PFD's. I did a PFD with them for less than half of the balance owed...this is obviously after you have sent them a DV and received validation.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.