Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

EQ FICO score jumped from 602 to 636 within a week!

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#1 blessed92380

blessed92380

Chase Angel

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:08 AM

I am so excited right now! I posted last week on another forum about how after emailing a letter to Chase offering a PFD they called telling us we did not need to pay and they have removed all finance charges etc and will be removing that account from the CBR's along with sending us a $51.00 check!!! We owed just over $1,000 to them and were still within the SOL. We are trying to buy a house and it looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel finally. We just have two more debts to pay. I am just really worried about doing the PFD's because the three accounts we are doing that on are the "old" established accounts on our CBR so I am not sure what will happen to our score once the AAofA gets worse. Once all the bad debt is removed we will have a car loan for $20,000 that is paid (never late) opened 2006 but everything else was opened in 2011. I am hoping that removing the CO's will greatly out weigh any negative point reductions due to AAofA.

I tried to post a picture of my Score Watch page but the forum will not allow me to : ( Is there a way around that?

#2 foeplay

foeplay

Bump Influence IV

• Members
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:08 AM

:clapping:

#3 SBA

SBA
  • Members
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

Congratulations!

#4 Dallas Cowboy fan

Dallas Cowboy fan
  • Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

I am so excited right now! I posted last week on another forum about how after emailing a letter to Chase offering a PFD they called telling us we did not need to pay and they have removed all finance charges etc and will be removing that account from the CBR's along with sending us a $51.00 check!!! We owed just over $1,000 to them and were still within the SOL.

Any idea why Chase is doing all that for you? What's the $51 check for?

#5 blessed92380

blessed92380

Chase Angel

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

I am so excited right now! I posted last week on another forum about how after emailing a letter to Chase offering a PFD they called telling us we did not need to pay and they have removed all finance charges etc and will be removing that account from the CBR's along with sending us a $51.00 check!!! We owed just over $1,000 to them and were still within the SOL.

Any idea why Chase is doing all that for you? What's the $51 check for?

I was so happy that I did not ask any questions. I know she said that she removed all finance charges and late fees. I am guessing that once she removed all of that we "over paid" the account??? I am still in disbelief : )

#6 Dallas Cowboy fan

Dallas Cowboy fan
  • Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

Congrats! :grin:

#7 Mo Munny Mo Problems

Mo Munny Mo Problems
  • Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:56 PM

Im telling you guys something fishy.. Chase firing most of the collections dept, etc

Now sending overpayment checks? lol

Man they must have screwed something up really bad lol. What are they hiding? XD

#8 Repairerer

Repairerer

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper IV

• Members
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

Im telling you guys something fishy.. Chase firing most of the collections dept, etc

Man they must have screwed something up really bad lol. What are they hiding? XD

It's freaking me out too.

If anyone else still has Chase derogs, I would recommend jumping on it while whatever this is lasts.

#9 Dallas Cowboy fan

Dallas Cowboy fan
  • Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

If anyone else still has Chase derogs, I would recommend jumping on it while whatever this is lasts.

I agree. It's a good time to dispute Chase derogs. Check out this article: http://www.cbsnews.c...t-card-holders/

#10 weebles

weebles
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:53 AM

I agree. It's a good time to dispute Chase derogs. Check out this article: http://www.cbsnews.c...t-card-holders/

How I wish Cap 1 and BOA were doing this as well. I could really get rid of my biggest stuff.

#11 blessed92380

blessed92380

Chase Angel

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:46 AM

How I wish Cap 1 and BOA were doing this as well. I could really get rid of my biggest stuff.

Thanks for including the article. I was concerned that people were not believing me. I am in FL which is one of the states listed. To be honest I have no idea if we owed them money or not. Basically when things got to rough to pay we tended to turn our heads the other way and not stress over what we could not change at the time. We just know that we did have the account.

#12 mbl280

mbl280
  • Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:40 AM

Can you pm me that email as well?

#13 1234

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

Congratulations!!!!! :good:

#14 Nitro3

Nitro3
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

Funny you talk about chase derogs....all of my SL lates have been cleared, back door EX through USAA the other day to double check, and sure enough those are all satisfactory never late! And they were the only student loans I DIDNT goodwill, and the only creditor who DID overturn my lates.

Im curious to know more. They did just settle in a mortgage case along with 4 other major banks relating to shady dealings. I'll have to dig up the story

Nitro

#15 blessed92380

blessed92380

Chase Angel

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

Can you pm me that email as well?

You have mail : ) Good Luck!

#16 kfupanda

kfupanda

Bump Influence XXXV

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

Wow! logged back in after a couple months and I find this. Chase is the only derog I have left on my reports. This is an old CO from 2005. Have not been able to get it removed or Chase to play ball. This is amazing. Can I get the e-mail also please?

Thanks in advance.

#17 kingair312tu

kingair312tu
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

PM me the address to as I had 2 old defaulted chase accounts.

#18 johnnyderp

johnnyderp

Bump Influence XXV

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

Can I get the e-mail as well? I want in on this! I'll come back and post whether my experience is positive or negative, and I hope everyone else does the same. :-)

#19 nagetech

nagetech

Bump Influence XI.I

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Howdy!

Just chiming in to humbly request the email addy! I have 1 chase derog I'd love to say goodbye too!

Thanks in advance!

#20 blessed92380

blessed92380

Chase Angel

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

I tried sending you guys the email address via PM but I keep getting a message that I can't send another message for a certain period of time. I guess I am limited to what I am allowed to do. If you want the contact email PM me and maybe I will be allowed to reply.

#21 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 33,822 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

I just want to thank blessed for what may be one of the most valuable tips ever posted. :D

#22 mbl280

mbl280
  • Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Agreed! Chase deleted my charge off without any fuss after a couple of emails. Thanks again Blessed!

#23 Dallas Cowboy fan

Dallas Cowboy fan
  • Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

Agreed! Chase deleted my charge off without any fuss after a couple of emails. Thanks again Blessed!

Are you in one of the states mentioned in the article (California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York and Washington)or a different state?

#24 johnnyderp

johnnyderp

Bump Influence XXV

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

^ Good question. Also, for the two successes so far, any tips on the approach? Did you both send it as a PFD request?

Blessed, I tried to pull you up for a PM and it said I'm not allowed to view members' profiles. I guess because I just found the forums today. :-(

#25 mbl280

mbl280
  • Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

Dallas, johnny,

I'm in Arkansas

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.