Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

One hellava success story!! Thanks CB

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 ChitChat

ChitChat
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 05:17 PM

:P

It started when I found this board 2 years ago, I was depressed and the only thing I could get was 1 secured card after divorce and BK13 and BK7, scores were all in the 400's :) I had 2 repos, and all trade lines were bad. Anyway, I started lurking and reading everything I could, I remember after reading for 1 week I thought I was an expert and I called EQ to dispute, boy they took me through the ringer, I hung up shaking because the woman I spoke to told me I didn't know what I was talking about (WTH :) ) I was so mad, I new it was a mistake to call but I thought that I could handle them, I was wrong. Well here it is 2 1/2 years later, I got my scores up enough to buy a house for $269k in Jan. of 02, we sold that house Dec. 04 and bought another house for $500k with the help of my friends on the mortgage boards, I got the repos off and all negative tradelines except that BK 7- but did get the BK 13 off all 3, only 1 tradline shows BK7 and that's on EX - know tradelines showing on other 2 CR.

CCards I had in 03 were: Household/Bestbuy $1450
Household/Orchard $500
FirstPremiere $250 since 2000 :)
Macy's $400

Ccards 04 Patelco Classic $1500k CLI $3500k
Bought Dodge Grand Caravan w/ 17%

Ccards March 05 Patelco Gold $5k
Citibank Rewards $3k
Refi Dodge Grand Caravan w/Patelco at 4.25%
Personal Loan $10k
Shockdrawed all Household cards and First Prem.

Things I do differently this time around: Pay all bills off monthly
Only spend what I can afford
Pay on time

Again, thanks for all the help and like Whychat once told me, go back and help others. So I'm still here lurking every now and then, if you need me just HOLLA!! :D

Chitchat

#2 yumenut

yumenut
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 05:23 PM

Thanks ChitChat. I needed to hear that!

Good job. I'm sure it was a lot of hard work. I too feel like I could take on the CRAs but I'm listening to the vets and staying off the phone. I'm going with the paper assault since I think it will be less painful if rejected.

Anyway, thanks for the good story and thanks for stickin' around to help us freshmen!

D

#3 Pavlov

Pavlov
  • Members
  • 8,001 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 05:24 PM

YEEHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :) :) :) :P

#4 ChitChat

ChitChat
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 05:29 PM

Thanks guys- what a journey but well worth it, Oh and if I can't help, I'll be here if you need to vent or just someone to listen :aggressive:

#5 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 05:35 PM

Congrats! Always nice to hear a success story.

:aggressive:

#6 Melanie1978

Melanie1978
  • Members
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 05:43 PM

That is SOOOOOOO great! I love hearing success stories because it lifts my spirits. Thanks so much for sharing. CONGRATS!

Me and my DH are looking to buy a home as well, I bet that house of yours is beautiful.

#7 ChitChat

ChitChat
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 05:50 PM

Thanks so much Melanie--Sometimes I just can't believe it too...

I can attest that anything is possible when you put your mind too it! DH and I use to dream of owning my own home. :aggressive:

Plus with the help of all our friends on Credit boards, just keep reading and asking questions. You guys will get that house!

#8 Q

Q
  • Members
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 06:04 PM

O snap!!! ChitChat's a BALLA!

Can I borrow 30 FICO points???

:P

#9 Woody72

Woody72
  • Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 06:06 PM

Outstanding! Congrats and keep up the good work!

#10 ChitChat

ChitChat
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 06:29 PM

Q your crazy :) - Yup I'm a balla shotcalla $$$ LOL

Thanks Woody72

#11 sarobi

sarobi
  • Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 06:36 PM

Wow! Cool beans! Very inspirational.

#12 Q

Q
  • Members
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 06:58 PM

Q your crazy :yahoo: - Yup I'm a balla shotcalla  $$$ LOL

Thanks Woody72

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought so, you got them 20 inch blades parked in your garage too with your FICO scores etched in them.

Well minus the 30 you are gonna let me borrow... :clapping:

#13 ChitChat

ChitChat
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:05 PM

:yahoo: :clapping:

#14 davec

davec
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:19 PM

CCards I had in 03 were: Household/Bestbuy $1450
Household/Orchard $500
FirstPremiere $250 since 2000 
Macy's $400

Geez, does First Premier ever give CLI's. I have had a FP card for over two years now and it is still at a $250.00 CL!!

Congratulations by the way. I hope my credit repair goes as well!

#15 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:30 PM

You should post this in the Creditboard's Success Stories forum. Btw, Congrats to you.

#16 Jovick

Jovick
  • Members
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:31 PM

:D

It started when I found this board 2 years ago, I was depressed and the only thing I could get was 1 secured card after divorce and BK13 and BK7, scores were all in the 400's :yahoo: I had 2 repos, and all trade lines were bad.  Anyway, I started lurking and reading everything I could, I remember after reading for 1 week I thought I was an expert and I called EQ to dispute, boy they took me through the ringer, I hung up shaking because the woman I spoke to told me I didn't know what I was talking about (WTH :o ) I was so mad, I new it was a mistake to call but I thought that I could handle them, I was wrong.  Well here it is 2 1/2 years later, I got my scores up enough to buy a house for $269k in Jan. of 02, we sold that house Dec. 04 and bought another house for $500k with the help of my friends on the mortgage boards, I got the repos off and all negative tradelines except that BK 7- but did get the BK 13 off all 3, only 1 tradline shows BK7 and that's on EX - know tradelines showing on other 2 CR. 

CCards I had in 03 were:  Household/Bestbuy $1450
                          Household/Orchard $500
                          FirstPremiere $250 since 2000  :(
                          Macy's $400

Ccards 04                Patelco Classic $1500k CLI $3500k
                          Bought Dodge Grand Caravan w/ 17%

Ccards March 05          Patelco Gold $5k
                          Citibank Rewards $3k
                          Refi Dodge Grand Caravan w/Patelco at 4.25%
                          Personal Loan $10k
Shockdrawed all Household cards and First Prem.

Things I do differently this time around:  Pay all bills off monthly
                                          Only spend what I can afford
                                          Pay on time

Again, thanks for all the help and like Whychat once told me, go back and help others.  So I'm still here lurking every now and then, if you need me just HOLLA!! :clapping: 

Chitchat

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good job! Always nice to hear another success story!

On a side not I'll bet ya that you can get that 17% Caravan loan more than cut in half if you go through a credit union and refinance.

#17 Q

Q
  • Members
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:48 PM

She did refi the van, per her first post. Refi'd at 4.25% with Patelco.

#18 floridabeachgirl

floridabeachgirl
  • Newbies
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 09:47 PM

:P Congrats. I hope maybe someday I will have a success story to post.

#19 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 46,939 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 09:53 PM

Thanks for an inspiring success story!! This is why we do this, guys. You have no idea how rewarding it is that our board helps change people's lives for the better. Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaa!!!

#20 daneyb

daneyb
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 07:39 PM

Would any of you be willing to help me with some guidance on disputing some TL's on my report. I'm very new to the board, but I def need some help. :dance:

If someone would be willing to help, please contact me! I just need to know who to dispute, when to dispute, what to say when disputing...you know, basically everything!! :)

Any advice would be soooooo appreciated! I wanna be a success story eventually!

#21 Q

Q
  • Members
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 07:51 PM

Would any of you be willing to help me with some guidance on disputing some TL's on my report. I'm very new to the board, but I def need some help. :D

If someone would be willing to help, please contact me!  I just need to know who to dispute, when to dispute, what to say when disputing...you know, basically everything!!  :(

Any advice would be soooooo appreciated! I wanna be a success story eventually!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As of me posting this message you are reading a IIB thread. Click on this link http://creditboards....hp?showforum=15 and read it about 5 times, (yes the whole thing) then ask some questions, and read it a couple more times. I have been at this for almost 2 years and I was just reading it 4 hours ago for a tip I remember reading in it.

Sorry for the thread hijack but their PM is disabled for awhile.

#22 monanell

monanell
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:50 PM

:cry2: Congrats! You and I started around the same time on Credit Repair! It's been a long road, but it's all been worth it! I'm in a new house, have some nice new trade lines, and I owe it all to this great place!
Keep up the good work!

monanell :yahoo:

#23 ChitChat

ChitChat
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 05:53 PM

Monanell,

Congrats to you also and thank you!

#24 Loren

Loren
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:45 PM

That's great news! I looked over my credit report and noticed that there were certain things that are doubled. Any suggestions?

#25 jayandmag

jayandmag
  • Newbies
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:31 PM

Sooooo happy for you. :( I've just started looking
into cleaning up my credit report. The idea of it makes
me a little queasy. Then I read a story like yours and
it gives me hope.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.