Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

How do these people stay in business???

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pressman0523

pressman0523
  • Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

One of the last baddies that I'm trying to get off my EQ report. Here's what a simple Google search comes up with on them:

NOW COME the parties in the above-captioned matter, the Division, A & S Collection, and Ronald L. Saldi, Jr., stipulate and agree as follows:

1. Ronald L. Saldi, Jr. shall cease any and all participation in the business activities of A & S Collection, whether as an officer, director, shareholder, employee, independent contractor, or in any other capacity.
2. A & S Collection shall not employ Ronald L. Saldi, Jr. or permit Ronald L. Saldi Jr. to act as an agent of, or operate on behalf of A & S Collection in any capacity.

BY ORDER AND DIRECTION OF THE COMMISSIONER OF BANKS:

Dated at Boston, Massachusetts, this 8th day of January, 2009.

Arizona Department of Financial
Institutions
Summary of Actions Report
Home Office Licenses Revoked
06/24/2009 0904669
A & S Collection Associates, Inc.
2847 Vt Rt 14
Williamstown, VT 05679

Canadian telemarketer agrees to fine, discontinue U.S. calls
BY DREW SMITH
William Sorrell (D)
MONTPELIER, Vt. (Legal Newsline) -- Canadian telemarketer Wolfgang Loss-Wells has agreed to a lifetime ban on telemarketing in the United States and to pay $20,000 in penalties.

The Montreal, Quebec-based man agreed to the settlement with Vermont Attorney General William Sorrell after it was found that his company -- Callcom -- made fraudulent officers of assistance to consumers in obtaining government loans.

The investigation was a result of a case filed in 2006 against Williamstown-based A&S Collection Associates, Inc. Sorrell claimed the company was printing demand drafts on behalf of Callcom without
written authorization from consumers, a violation of Vermont law.

The owner of A&S Collections was arrested in Williamstown, Vermont in March 2008 for cocaine, marijuana and gun charges. Arizona court case #09F-BD005-BNK revoked their collection agency license. So you see these are just all around good people.

ID: 50519
Business Name:
A&S Collection Associates, Inc.
A & S Collection Associates, Inc.

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F. Reasons for this F rating include:

* 38 complaints filed against business
* Failure to respond to 16 complaints filed against business

Seriously...how do these people stay in business??? Unbelievable.

#2 vintagespeed

vintagespeed
  • Members
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

..Seriously...how do these people stay in business??? Unbelievable.

unfortunately, too many consumers ignore them rather than taking them on to protect their rights. with people like this, threatening letters dont work, complaints dont work, the only thing they understand is filing charges against them.

so, if they're violating you, you send them ONE and only ONE DV/CD offering them a chance to provide validation. when they fail to respond, you file suit and collect your compensation.

no chancies. :)

#3 dcook80

dcook80
  • Members
  • 972 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

I am dealing with this company right now, again. A google search of their name lead me back to CB. I've been googling to see if their license has ever been reinstated, but the article above appears to mean that they are banned permanently from collection activity - so tell me WHY EQ continues to allow them to send information on consumers?

My first DV, they quickly responded that they could not verify the debt, they had contacted the owner and he could not verify the debt, and that they would be deleting. I waited for a deletion and it never happened, so I sent EQ their letter confirming that they couldn't validate and they would delete. EQ deleted immediately. This was in October.

Now suddenly, EQ has reinserted it and have changed the status to PAID. When I disputed, they responded that they have verified that the debt belongs to me, and they received additional information from the "creditor". The only additional information they show is a PAID status. I have not gotten anything else from A&S and I have never paid on this debt because it is false.

I have filed with BBB and the Michigan attorney general, and CFPB. I don't know what else to do at this point. I can't believe EQ is allowing them to do this when they're not licensed - in addition, they're not licensed in my state either!

Any suggestions on another move?

#4 JunkBuyersWorstNightmare

JunkBuyersWorstNightmare

Hand-to-Hand JDB Combat Instructor

• Members
  • 11,349 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

I am dealing with this company right now, again. A google search of their name lead me back to CB. I've been googling to see if their license has ever been reinstated, but the article above appears to mean that they are banned permanently from collection activity - so tell me WHY EQ continues to allow them to send information on consumers?

My first DV, they quickly responded that they could not verify the debt, they had contacted the owner and he could not verify the debt, and that they would be deleting. I waited for a deletion and it never happened, so I sent EQ their letter confirming that they couldn't validate and they would delete. EQ deleted immediately. This was in October.

Now suddenly, EQ has reinserted it and have changed the status to PAID. When I disputed, they responded that they have verified that the debt belongs to me, and they received additional information from the "creditor". The only additional information they show is a PAID status. I have not gotten anything else from A&S and I have never paid on this debt because it is false.

I have filed with BBB and the Michigan attorney general, and CFPB. I don't know what else to do at this point. I can't believe EQ is allowing them to do this when they're not licensed - in addition, they're not licensed in my state either!

Sue.

Also, have you contacted the VT AG or the FTC?

#5 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 16,225 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

have you checked your status of the complaint with the CFPB?

Send a FACTA letter to the creditor they are listing. ( fair an accurate credit reporting act )

like the one at the end of this thread.

http://creditboards....0

#6 dcook80

dcook80
  • Members
  • 972 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

have you checked your status of the complaint with the CFPB?

Send a FACTA letter to the creditor they are listing. ( fair an accurate credit reporting act )

like the one at the end of this thread.

http://creditboards....0

I can't because its not even a creditor, its a former landlord, not a business. I made a thread about this a while back, but to super-summarize, due to illness/divorce, my landlord agreed to let me move out with no balance, he would keep the security dep and my $1000 washer/dryer set and call it even if I cleaned the place good so it was tenant-ready. I did, case closed, I have emails between us as proof and there was nothing else written or filed. About a year later, I get a collections letter from A&S where the landlord is asking for a month's rent, never heard anything from the landlord himself. As I explained in the other thread, I think it was personal. His wife wasn't too happy with our arrangement and I think she sent it to collections. So basically, after A&S contacted him for proof, he had to say he didn't have any, because he doesn't. No court papers, my lease had expired so he can't even say, look her lease expired in May but she moved out in January! He has nothing, but I have our emails where we agreed to the deal. A&S responded to me in writing that he couldn't validate so they would delete.

See, they KNOW its an invalid account but for some reason they are being really nasty with it.

What I think happened is that first they agreed to delete it, but as it happens I filed a complaint with the BBB on the same morning that I received their letter. My mail didn't come until later that evening so I didn't know they had agreed to delete until after I had filed. I did contact BBB to see if I could withdraw but they said No. I think A&S got the BBB complaint and figured they would retaliate against me and leave the account on my credit report and even update it so it stays longer. It's a total LIE. I have not paid anything on this and they're just out and out lying.

I did some searching and they are really nasty bunch! You can see from the initial posts in this thread, bad group of folks that shouldn't even be operating! How can the CRAs accept data from people like this?

#7 dcook80

dcook80
  • Members
  • 972 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Oh, and ICAN, I just filed with the CFPB on Friday so they haven't had enough time yet. I wanted to make sure that EQ had rejected my dispute, and they did, so I submitted all of that to the CFPB. Hopefully EQ will respond as they did before. I just don't see how EQ is looking at A&S letter stating that they can't validate and will delete, then they turn around and accept A&S saying, oh yeah, she paid the bill. Really? Like I would turn around and pay after you tell me I don't have to?

Reading some of the links, this company has so many lawsuits against them and lost cases but they have not paid any of the settlements. They just keep racking them and losing but never pay, so I don't know how much good it will do me to file a lawsuit. All I want is for this to be off of my report!

They've been permanently barred from doing business, yet they continue, unlicensed, and the owner is in prison on seriously drug and gun charges. scary bunch! They shoudl never have been allowed to even purchase consumer data. Can you imagine what they might be doing with it?

Edited by dcook80, 02 December 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#8 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 16,225 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

the CRA can look in your files to see if you ever had an account with the OC, or they can contact the OC to verify the account

but since it's all E Oscar - it's just one idiot box talking to another - the OC's files could be wrong, could be someone with a similar name, etc.

EQ reinvestigated and marked it Paid - not the CA.

be interesting what the CFPB says about it.

Be ready with the FACTA dispute.

#9 dcook80

dcook80
  • Members
  • 972 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

the CRA can look in your files to see if you ever had an account with the OC, or they can contact the OC to verify the account

but since it's all E Oscar - it's just one idiot box talking to another - the OC's files could be wrong, could be someone with a similar name, etc.

EQ reinvestigated and marked it Paid - not the CA.

be interesting what the CFPB says about it.

Be ready with the FACTA dispute.

But the OC is not a company - could EQ still contact them? A&S just has it listed with the landlord's name, so how would EQ get their contact info?
Why would EQ mark it as paid when the letter I sent clearly says that A&S can't validate?

Do you think that when EQ originally deleted, it was one rep at EQ that read my documents and then deleted, then later another rep picked it up and marked it paid? Because I faxed it first and EQ deleted, but I also mailed it in, so that's when a dispute was created and then it was reinserted and marked Paid. I'm wondering if a different rep got it out of the mail and changed it.

CFPB response is usually pretty quick, so we'll see! I will report back as soon as I hear. Thanks!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.