Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

I'm looking for a site that does the following

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Algo

Algo

Official CB pain in the butt

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:32 PM

I would like a site, pay or free (free is preferred :o ) that allows me and my wife to keep track of our expenses something like a checkbook. If it was more like the microsoft money screen where you enter what you spent, etc. that would be great. I would like to update what I spend and she can update what she spends, etc. from home or work. I don't mind paying a small monthly fee if it allows us both to track our finances like that.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 Gingerly

Gingerly
  • Members
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:06 PM

Free B)

http://moneycentral....nts/welcome.asp

#3 Algo

Algo

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:31 PM

Free  B)

http://moneycentral....nts/welcome.asp

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, however it doesn't have our credit union listed

#4 Gingerly

Gingerly
  • Members
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:42 PM

Does you CU have an option where you can download info into Money or Quicken?

#5 Gingerly

Gingerly
  • Members
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:49 PM

Oh, I guess that only helps if you have the software at home...

:huh:

#6 Algo

Algo

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 03:09 PM

Oh, I guess that only helps if you have the software at home...

:aggressive:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have microsoft money 2003 deluxe at home but i'm thinking of getting quicken. I don't really like the interface for microsoft money very much. But in this instance i'm wanting to do things online so my wife and I can both update from home or work.

#7 Gingerly

Gingerly
  • Members
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 03:13 PM

I don't really like it either. I bought 2003 instead of 2004 for half the price. I set it all up and was like, blah.

I'd like to try Quicken.

But really, I think I'm just a paper-and-pen kinda person.

#8 munci98

munci98
  • Members
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 04:02 PM

Quicken's interface is much more attractive. BUT with 2005 they changed to a new import format and many banks are charging for consumers to use that format. BofA for example, $9.95 a month!! CRAZY.

#9 Dexter02

Dexter02
  • Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 04:08 PM

I'm working on something, doesn't pull the data from the banks though.

www.detz.net/cfp

#10 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,268 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:51 AM

Wow!! That would make a really really great site!! I imagine it would be pretty complicated to do though. It wouldn't necessarily have to access the banks, the users would have to enter the info.

Imagine - all the military families that are separated, people who work out of town a week at a time, with spouse and kids back home.

#11 Dexter02

Dexter02
  • Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 01:19 PM

I created this for the reasons you guys have stated. I usually pay bills and such at work and wanted to check finances at work but when I used quicken I could only access it at home. I also had it import quicke/money files from the banks but I didn't like that so I cut it out. This makes it more accurate/simpler if you can remember to enter what you purchased in there. I'm using it to track my four bank accounts and 10 credit cards. Let me know if you guys are interested ,I Need some more testers! :D

#12 mleichtle

mleichtle
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 03:11 PM

That is very cool, I saw a similar thing some time ago, but not nearly as many features, just an oline check book register. I was looking for a way to put a check book register on my cell phone.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.