Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Citi Business Balance Transfer - Should I?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kpb

kpb
  • Members
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:17 AM

I read the FAQ/INFO and it said nothing about it only transferring from business accounts. While some view this as a way to 'hide' debt, I really do just want to say goodbye to my personal cards and keep the score up and pay it all with Citi

I want to build a relationship with citi and focus primarily on my business. I'm about to pay my first statement in full.

What do you think? It's being offered, have you done this before in this credit climate and do you think they are ok if I take advantage with it? They say I can do it for up to 4 accounts.

#2 kpb

kpb
  • Members
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

Is this now frowned upon?

#3 Celtic_Bhoy

Celtic_Bhoy
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:49 AM

bump

#4 BRBiz

BRBiz
  • Members
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:10 AM

Well it is frowned upon, your not suppose to use business cards for personal purchases. They may or may not catch it. Problem could be if they do catch it after the fact and they bump your rate up on it since you would be in default of the cardholder agreement. maybe some one on here has been able to do it but I haven't heard any one mention it.

#5 gregcjackson

gregcjackson
  • Members
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

If I were to consider doing like this, I would think it would go something like( if possible): Use a card that provides BT checks. Make the check out to your company and deposit in company account. Make a loan to yourself from the company ( with all legit paperwork drawn up). Have the company write you a check. Deposit in your bank and pay your bills. Then you make your monthly payments to the company, company pays biz card payments.

I would be a little more concerned about complying with tax consequences than the bank to be honest.

Edited by gregcjackson, 20 July 2011 - 12:39 PM.

#6 BRBiz

BRBiz
  • Members
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:40 PM

The problem is most dont give you checks any more for BT's.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.