Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

SSBI to list or not to list?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 creditrepaired

creditrepaired
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:06 AM

I have accepted a position with a Defense Contractor back in the states which is contingent upon successful completion of a SSBI, (I already hold a Secret clearance.
I bought a house in 2010 due to me losing 10% of my income while buying the house and some unexpected bills I became behind in my mortgage. I was 60 days late in paying my mortgage on 09/2010, and 10/2010 and when my wife lost her job in October I applied for and accepted a job overseas making a 6 figure salary.
Because my wife lost her job I could no longer make the November payment on time, and I was notified that my house was going into foreclosure. Shortly (a week), after being notified that my house was going into foreclosure I received my 8000.00 dollar tax credit I paid the full balance to bring my home out of foreclosure, the problem is that on the equip sf86 it ask the following question...

Have you had any possessions or property voluntarily or involuntarily repossessed or foreclosed?

I may be splitting hairs here but my home was not foreclosed on, it was in the foreclosure process but was not actually forclosed on, furthermore on my credit report it reports the 60 day lates in September, and October, and a 90 day late for November but does not report as being foreclosed on. I have no problem listing it if I have to and I think that I can successfully mitigate with the actions that I took, but I don't want to give them more than necessary to accurately complete the investigation.

I thank you guys in advance for your assistance or opinion on this matter.

#2 snowpuppy

snowpuppy
  • Members
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:11 PM

The foreclosure process is completed when the home is given back to the bank at your hearing so no, you were never in foreclosure.

#3 creditrepaired

creditrepaired
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

The foreclosure process is completed when the home is given back to the bank at your hearing so no, you were never in foreclosure.

I was thinking something like that as well but I've heard how funny these investigators can be and if you omit something that they feel you shoould not have it can raise a big stink, which is why I asked.

Edited by creditrepaired, 24 March 2011 - 08:15 PM.

#4 Scuds20

Scuds20
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:03 AM

I was thinking something like that as well but I've heard how funny these investigators can be and if you omit something that they feel you shoould not have it can raise a big stink, which is why I asked.

They are all about honestly, and obviously they will see something is going on when they look at your reports. There is a section at the end of the SF-86, EQIP, whatever you're doing, where you can enter additional comments. It might be worth putting something in there just to show that you're not trying to hide anything.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.