Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• We're done with the posts turning political, guys.  
  • Starting immediately, any post that turns political will be immediately closed and the poster who interjected politics will be warned.  
  • ​It is our interpretation that deems it political.  We will not entertain discussion about your intentions.  
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

NFCU Now Accepting Coast Guard

NFCU Joining NFCU

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Matti

Matti

Stealth Influence II

• Members
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

I did a quick search on the forum... Didn't see that anyone had mentioned this yet.

https://www.navyfede...coast-guard.php

#2 BDK

BDK
  • Members
  • 13,038 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Outstanding (and overdue IMHO)!!!!

Welcome on-board USCG! :wave:

#3 foeplay

foeplay

Bump Influence IV

• Members
  • 7,378 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Is the Coast Guard an easier boot camp? TIA

#4 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 35,930 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

468376861.jpg

#5 gca

gca
  • Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

According to NFCU, they have had members from the Coast Guard Academy for years when they were under the Department of Defense umbrella but now they have

extended everyone in the Coast Guard and their families.

#6 BDK

BDK
  • Members
  • 13,038 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

468376861.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#7 iWhat

iWhat

Bump Influence XXXIII

• Members
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

CG was always welcome if deployed.

#8 Rogue

Rogue
  • Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

So how about the USCG Auxiliary, are they also now eligible to join NFCU?

http://www.cgaux.org/

#9 Art_Vandelay

Art_Vandelay
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Hey FOEPLAY,  Do the basic training for the Coast Guard isn't the easiest  for sure.  Being a NAVY Vet and having friends in the Coast Guard I'd say they were pretty similar.  The hardest Basic Training would be the Marines of course.  Heard lots of stories form my Dad who was a marine officer in World War II.  Really tough physically.  The Army boot camp isn't as hard as the Marines but still harder that the Navy & Coast Guard.  A lot of field work.  In the Navy we never had to stay outside overnight, LOL, unlike the Army & Marines.

IMO I would say the easiest basic training would be the Air Force, by far.  Not ragging on the AF at all, have a brother and nephews that are in the AF.  Plus it's the HARDEST to join too.  They have higher standards than the rest of the branches.  But they're basic training isn't as hard physically than the rest.

Happy to hear that NAVY accepts Coast Guard members now.  They risk their life daily like the rest of the soldiers, sailors, flyers out there.

#10 Pappy928

Pappy928
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

Was a lot of physical activity in CG boot camp.  A great deal of training and education as well.  I remember it being a lot about the "team".    Gosh, I have some memories from boot camp...  First week there didn't seem too bad.  Then we met our company commander!  Hell broke loose following.

#11 SteveinWa

SteveinWa
  • Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

Good to see they let the "puddle Pirates" into the club.

I don't believe the CG was ever under the Department of Defense umbrella.  Before Homeland security they used to belong to the Department of Transportation.

Personally I think a military credit union should allow all services and all veterans, especially if they will allow someone who hasn't served to join because they are related to someone that retired?  Makes no sense.

#12 pistolp44

pistolp44
  • Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

I don't believe the CG was ever under the Department of Defense umbrella.  Before Homeland security they used to belong to the Department of Transportation.

Personally I think a military credit union should allow all services and all veterans, especially if they will allow someone who hasn't served to join because they are related to someone that retired?  Makes no sense.

Agreed Steve.  While I'm not a "veteran", I served my four years Navy and I can't get in.  When I was serving, I remember many CO's, etc. imploring us younger guys to join NFCU.  Being young and dumb, I didn't.  Now I'm on the outside looking in.  Oh well.

#13 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 35,930 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

What do CO's know. :P

#14 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 35,930 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

Seriously though, I attended a family function for new recruits.

Navy Federal was there in force to drum up new recruits too. :D

#15 david_weaver

david_weaver
  • Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

There is another way in I have not seen mentioned:

Employees of NFCU are eligible to become members. 

#16 BDK

BDK
  • Members
  • 13,038 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

#17 rooms222

rooms222
  • Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

So how about the USCG Auxiliary, are they also now eligible to join NFCU?

http://www.cgaux.org/

PenFed is still the official credit union of the CG Aux. They have special embossed credit cards available. https://www.penfed.org/CGAuxA/

#18 credithunting

credithunting

Troll Buster

• Members
  • 818 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

United States Merchant Marine Academy Midshipmen are eligible to join NFCUactually use the branch located at there Academy in kings point N.Y

#19 SURFJ9009

SURFJ9009
  • Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:55 AM

Any idea if that would include a USCG licensed merchant marine Chief Engineer?

#20 SURFJ9009

SURFJ9009
  • Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

Called to join...was told that Merchant Marine are NOT eligible.

#21 credithunting

credithunting

Troll Buster

• Members
  • 818 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:37 AM

Midshipmen and cadets at the United States Merchant Marine Academy

#22 CaptainE

CaptainE
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:31 AM

United States Merchant Marine Academy Midshipmen are eligible to join NFCUactually use the branch located at there Academy in kings point N.Y

#23 CaptainE

CaptainE
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:31 AM

#24 CaptainE

CaptainE
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:39 AM

Surfj 9009 you beat me to it! Am a USCG LICENSED MASTER merchant Marine guess that means I'm not eligible either.

#25 Kat58

Kat58

CB Detective

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:48 PM

Happy 40th Birthday!!!   :wave:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NFCU, Joining NFCU

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.