Details: 150k in federal and private student loan debt in new york state. I planned to make 50 k doing information technology and was setup to pay $1200 every month for 15 years. I ended up with two dead end $8 an hour jobs. Brother died when I graduated and parents lost their jobs, I moved in with them to help pay bills and ended up defaulting and am now being garnished 25 percent of my wages. Soon they will seize my bank account I will be homeless and starve to death.
What does this economy offer my generation? 10 dollars an hour at walmart and starbucks. No more social life, I can't afford to raise a family, no more time to myself because I'll be working two dead end jobs for the rest of my life. I have two options, let sallie mae drown me, or I can drown myself. Yes I have made vital mistakes in life and I deserve everything I get. Here's the deal:
1. let them garnish 25 percent of my wages forever
2. try to be on good terms and give 50 percent of my wages for 20 years- living in a shelter eating peanut butter sandwiches
Both are life sentences.
Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?
Welcome to CreditBoards!
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
Guest Message by DevFuse
can garnishment be a better way out sometimes?
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are browsing this forum
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users