Ok, me and my spouse are having a difficult time making a decision with one (or both) of our vehicles. At the moment we are paying on 2 vehicles- 2006 Ford expedition and a 2009 Ford F-150. The Expedition will be paid off this summer and the f-150 still has about 4 years more worth of payments. We are overseas now (South Korea 2 year accompanied tour) and will be pcs'ing this summer to Alaska. Problem is our F150 has been in storage stateside the whole time we have been here (while still paying the note, insurance etc...) and our Expedition is here and Once we go to Alaska the GOV will only ship one vehicle there. Truthfully speaking the truck was a big mistake and we regret it, however, we didn't know he would come down with orders for Korea either. So basically it has been a struggle to keep payments up on both vehicles and soooo one of them has gots to go! We realize we have a few options but it's not going to be cheap either way and so we are having a tough time making the decision.
Option 1: last summer we tried to sell the f-150 while on leave stateside and of course with the negative equity (about $4000) we couldn't do it. Honestly if we had the money or could get it we would probably do it because it would be better for finances in the long run... Right???
Option 2: sell the expedition this summer and have the truck shipped to Alaska and just deal with it. Problem is we are a family of 7 and our truck is the basic model that seats up to 6 and is not as good on gas as the expedition.
Option 3: sell the expedition and put money towards the trade of f-150 (for another expedition) and add a couple thousand more dollars with it so we wont have a ton of $$$ tacked on the new loan.
All in all, I love our expedition and the space it has for our family. And quite frankly I would rather sell the truck if I could and keep the expedition and be PAYMENT FREE for a couple of years or so. Also, me and my husband both agree that we wouldnt mind at all being a one car family for the next couple of years or so. But as I said, I honestly don't think we would have enough or be able to come up with the negative equity. But something has to give because we have paid on the truck for 2 years that is sitting in storage and I am sure we are unable to pay on it another 3 years whille we are in Alaska and it sits in storage (waste of money). Please help!!! I apologize for this being so long drawn out. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to CreditBoards!
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
Guest Message by DevFuse
Sell-trade-or??? Vehicle issues and pcs'ing...
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are browsing this forum
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users