Jump to content

Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

  • We're done with the posts turning political, guys.  
  • Starting immediately, any post that turns political will be immediately closed and the poster who interjected politics will be warned.  
  • ​It is our interpretation that deems it political.  We will not entertain discussion about your intentions.  
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.


Old judgement how to settle

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 daboy1da

  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

The last of my baddies are about to be cleaned off my report due to the 7 year SOL, but I still have 2 judgements that I would like to pay off. Although they are not showing on my report I checked court records and they are indeed there (festering waiting to strike lol!). One is for 10000.00 (citi) the other is 7000.00 (Amex). They both tried garnishment but were unable to due to Child Support. I want to buy a house and dont want the judgements showing up during a title search for the Mortgage. What are my options?

#2 LogicalNoMore

  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

Option 1: Contact a Lawyer. Have court docs available during consult. He/She will advise you from their of how to settle the judgment and get it satisfied.

option 2: the court Docs will have the name and address of the Lien Holders of this judgment. Contact them thru certified letter with an acknowledgment of your debt and negotiations of settling. Then ...see Option 1.

I would never recommend a person go this route of settlement on these judgments without a legal personnel in tow.
This is for your protection and to not stir a hornets nest. You actually have some rights going into negotiating a Satisfaction to debt.

Bottom line...If getting a Mortgage these will need to be settled (satisfied) and then its a waiting game contingent on the scoring system you currently maintain.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.