Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

2010 Weight Loss thread

• Please log in to reply
2331 replies to this topic

#1251 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:16 PM

speaking of scales...I got the CUTTEST Taylor scale from Target for just $7.48! YAY! LOL! It was originally $40!!!!! Its got cute lil polka dots and stuff and its glass...I won't use it though...it just matches my bathroom! :lol:

omg! I totally almost bought that one, but I went with a fancier one. Fail!! :rofl:

#1252 dang

dang
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:17 PM

its just too cute to put away! :rofl:

#1253 dang

dang
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:19 PM

speaking of scales...I got the CUTTEST Taylor scale from Target for just $7.48! YAY! LOL! It was originally $40!!!!! Its got cute lil polka dots and stuff and its glass...I won't use it though...it just matches my bathroom! :lol:

omg! I totally almost bought that one, but I went with a fancier one. Fail!! :rofl:

the greyish/chromish one?...I was looking at one that looked all fancy and stuff, and almost got it too...but that was just me being obsessed with the red stickers at Target, so I left it. ;)

#1254 minnie aubre

minnie aubre

Boring Influence

• Members
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:20 PM

speaking of scales...I got the CUTTEST Taylor scale from Target for just $7.48! YAY! LOL! It was originally $40!!!!! Its got cute lil polka dots and stuff and its glass...I won't use it though...it just matches my bathroom! :rofl:

LMAO!! I have never heard of someone buying a scale because it matches their bathroom. I don't even leave mine out, I pull it out once a week to weigh in.

Me, either! It sounds cute, though :lol:

My scale is in my closet. I am avoiding it right now.

#1255 Saturngoddess

Saturngoddess
  • Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:39 PM

I could never. I can't see how not eating fruit in any way is a healthy, balanced diet. But if it works for you, rock on :rofl:

SG, cruise food = the devil.

My scale is a dirty, dirty liar. It now says I'm down 10 lbs in two weeks. Not true. I think I just need a new scale. :rofl:

It definitely works for me. It's amazing what you "can" do, when you have been told by your doctor that being overweight could make you blind eventually. I have a condition where I have too much spinal fluid, and it makes my optic nerve swollen. Apparently according to the doctors, mostly overweight women get this (which makes no sense since men and thin women also get it). I've done alot of research on this and it is a condition of being hypothyroid also. So I take my diuretic daily and keep my carbs down. I'm down 20lbs in a month, hopefully, a little more (like maybe another 25lbs) will do the trick. I don't really want to do the spinal tap thing to find out if I'm out of the woods, but I'm sure I'll feel better then.

I can eat fruit - later. I just choose not to eat it now. And I do eat a fruit - avocado, which seems to be okay, because it isn't sweet, which seems to set off carb cravings (at least for me).

As for the scale - maybe a new battery would help, but why don't you think it is lying? 10lbs is great - maybe water weight?

I have a Tanita with the Body Fat, weight and water weight (hydration level). I hate it because I need to get my real weight in the morning and my BF% at night because that is when I am most hydrated. But then is also when I weigh the most too!!

#1256 Ladybug

Ladybug
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:34 PM

I could never. I can't see how not eating fruit in any way is a healthy, balanced diet. But if it works for you, rock on :)

My scale is a dirty, dirty liar. It now says I'm down 10 lbs in two weeks. Not true. I think I just need a new scale. :rofl:

I like your scale. I want mine to say that.

I ♥ fruit. Except ripe bananas and kiwis.

ooooomg. I cannot stand ripe bananas. Honestly, I like mine still tinged green. H thinks I'm insane. :huh:

Ripe bananas are so squishy. I give those to A. She doesn't know better yet :lol:

Ugh, Luke just told me yesterday "no brown bananas Mommy." I will have to pawn them off on Sophie now. I cannot eat them if they aren't still partly green.

#1257 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:03 AM

I could never. I can't see how not eating fruit in any way is a healthy, balanced diet. But if it works for you, rock on B)

My scale is a dirty, dirty liar. It now says I'm down 10 lbs in two weeks. Not true. I think I just need a new scale. :wave:

It definitely works for me. It's amazing what you "can" do, when you have been told by your doctor that being overweight could make you blind eventually. I have a condition where I have too much spinal fluid, and it makes my optic nerve swollen. Apparently according to the doctors, mostly overweight women get this (which makes no sense since men and thin women also get it). I've done alot of research on this and it is a condition of being hypothyroid also. So I take my diuretic daily and keep my carbs down. I'm down 20lbs in a month, hopefully, a little more (like maybe another 25lbs) will do the trick. I don't really want to do the spinal tap thing to find out if I'm out of the woods, but I'm sure I'll feel better then.

I can eat fruit - later. I just choose not to eat it now. And I do eat a fruit - avocado, which seems to be okay, because it isn't sweet, which seems to set off carb cravings (at least for me).

As for the scale - maybe a new battery would help, but why don't you think it is lying? 10lbs is great - maybe water weight?

I have a Tanita with the Body Fat, weight and water weight (hydration level). I hate it because I need to get my real weight in the morning and my BF% at night because that is when I am most hydrated. But then is also when I weigh the most too!!

Why do I think the scale is lying?

Well. For starters, it's a tease. Sometimes, it'll say down 10 lbs. Some other times, it'll say I'm up 5 lbs. I just cannot fluctuate that much is 3 days. It's stupid.

But secondly, I wouldn't WANT that to be right. 10 lbs that quickly isn't good. I have no interest in losing weight quickly... IF I lose anything, I'd rather it be slowly, healthily, and as a product of eating cleaner and moving more... which = gradual. Losing that much that quickly, IMO, means I'm doing something wrong.

And, finally, eff the battery. Scale has been dumb since I brought it home. :glare:

I dunno. I still just don't buy into any types of "diets". I get that it works for you, but fruit is an important part of a healthy, balanced diet, IMO, so it shouldn't be cut out. B)

I think we just have different goals, though :angry:

#1258 VibrantEcho

VibrantEcho

Officially Jealous

• Members
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:35 AM

I could never. I can't see how not eating fruit in any way is a healthy, balanced diet. But if it works for you, rock on :lol:

My scale is a dirty, dirty liar. It now says I'm down 10 lbs in two weeks. Not true. I think I just need a new scale. :lol:

Why do I think the scale is lying?

Well. For starters, it's a tease. Sometimes, it'll say down 10 lbs. Some other times, it'll say I'm up 5 lbs. I just cannot fluctuate that much is 3 days. It's stupid.

But secondly, I wouldn't WANT that to be right. 10 lbs that quickly isn't good. I have no interest in losing weight quickly... IF I lose anything, I'd rather it be slowly, healthily, and as a product of eating cleaner and moving more... which = gradual. Losing that much that quickly, IMO, means I'm doing something wrong.

And, finally, eff the battery. Scale has been dumb since I brought it home. :lol:

I dunno. I still just don't buy into any types of "diets". I get that it works for you, but fruit is an important part of a healthy, balanced diet, IMO, so it shouldn't be cut out. :dntknw:

I think we just have different goals, though ;)

At your size (what I know of it), I'd think that 10 pounds (of true fat loss, not just water weight) would be somewhat noticeable in the way your clothes fit, etc. What do YOU think? And if you're happy with your eating and exercise routines - eff the scale, right? :)

#1259 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:44 AM

At your size (what I know of it), I'd think that 10 pounds (of true fat loss, not just water weight) would be somewhat noticeable in the way your clothes fit, etc. What do YOU think? And if you're happy with your eating and exercise routines - eff the scale, right? :lol:

I don't think I've noticed a difference, but I never do. :dntknw:

I'm not super concerned about the scale, more just intrigued/annoyed at it. :lol:

I mean, if I WERE concerned, I'd have not had a frappaucino every day while they were half off. :lol:

#1260 dang

dang
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:37 PM

just want to chime in that I agree with 'Raffy...quick wieght loss just can't be good. It frightens me...

#1261 squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

CB Queen of Understatement

• Members
  • 22,296 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:40 PM

just want to chime in that I agree with 'Raffy...quick wieght loss just can't be good. It frightens me...

I've never lost more than 2 pounds in a week, so I know nothing about that :mellow:

#1262 dang

dang
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:42 PM

I have lost a crazy amount of weight in a short time...and I was SICK! That's why the weight came off.

#1263 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:57 PM

I've never lost more than 2 pounds in a week, so I know nothing about that :P

That's exactly how it should be! :D

I have lost a crazy amount of weight in a short time...and I was SICK! That's why the weight came off.

Right! I dropped 30 lbs in 2 months once. I was super sick. I wasn't psyched about it. I mean, I was pleased that I was a size 5, but... less than pleased that I was, like, dying. :P

#1264 minnie aubre

minnie aubre

Boring Influence

• Members
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

This one time, no I was not at band camp, but I lost 13 lbs in one week. WTH? But usually if I do hard core eating right and exercise it is 1-2 lbs a week.

#1265 Saturngoddess

Saturngoddess
  • Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:39 AM

This one time, no I was not at band camp, but I lost 13 lbs in one week. WTH? But usually if I do hard core eating right and exercise it is 1-2 lbs a week.

Wow. I've never lost that much in one week. I did lose "alot" when I had my hysterectomy and the morphine made me sick to my stomach, but that is it.

I think that everyone needs to do what works for them. Everybody's body is different. For example, people with diabetes do excellent on a low-carb diet. People that have had heart attacks or strokes usually are more inclined to eat better (my dad had a triple bypass about 16 years ago and he had eaten superbly since then), while others just don't.

I feel so much better I can't tell you. My face has thinned out, my clothes fit, but most of all, I have so much more energy, and don't feel the mood/energy swings that I did before. I also don't feel deprived. Once I get down a few more pounds, I'll add in some fruit etc, and see how my body reacts to it.

When I drank soda - I had god-awful bloating and cramps. Now, I don't drink soda (I HATE the taste of diet crap - tastes like chemicals to me), and I feel so much better. It's kind of like a gluten free diet. Ya gotta do what works for your body. Lots of water, walking, more veggies than I have ever eaten before, and I am feeling like a 20 year old (except for my back - but it's coming along).

I don't consider this a "diet". It is my Way of Eating.... Once I get down to a size I want, I can add back in (occasionally) foods that I might miss, but really, they are going to taste much different - it changes the palate. I don't really miss pasta - the pasta doesn't really have a taste - it's the stuff you put on top of it.

And I like "me" now. That alone is priceless!!

I'm curious - what are your goals? :-)

#1266 squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

• Members
  • 22,296 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:12 AM

Damage from the cruise/Birthday of Awesome?

5.2 pounds.

:blink:

#1267 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

I'm curious - what are your goals? :-)

That is a loaded question. :D

1. To be more CLEAN - removing chemicals from things I use on me and in my home
2. Eating locally, as much as is feasible
3. Eventually, leading into growing (at least some) of my own food. In an apartment balcony. I know, I'm certifiable.
4. All of which leads to being more self-sufficient. You know. Just in case of TEOTWAWKI. :rofl:

Losing weight is a very, very distant priority on my goal list. I'm far more concerned with over-all health than specifically losing weight.

I mean, my concern would be that it's just NOT HEALTHY, regardless of HOW you do it, to drop 5-10 lbs in a week. It's just not. So, for me, seeing that would mean I'm not working my goals properly. Additionally, how are you going to feel (and this is generic you, not YOU specifically, but feel free to answer, 'cause I'm nosey) when the weight loss slows down... which, it will do. Are you going to get frustrated that you're not getting the same results you got initially? 'Cause, again, for me, being frustrated invariably leads to me quitting.

Anyway. Plus, I love pasta, plain even, so I disagree with you there. Yummmm... pasta... :wub:

:P

5.2 pounds.

:)

You've got another 5 days to be good, before you go back to being not good. :D

#1268 squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

• Members
  • 22,296 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:44 AM

5.2 pounds.

:D

You've got another 5 days to be good, before you go back to being not good. :)

Is it unrealistic to say I'll just have the ONE In N' Out meal?

B)

#1269 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:47 AM

I think it's nice to have goals. :D

#1270 squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

• Members
  • 22,296 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:52 AM

I think it's nice to have goals. :D

:)

Right?

#1271 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:46 PM

I think it's nice to have goals. :lol:

:(

Right?

Are you trying the secret menu this time?!?!

#1272 squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

• Members
  • 22,296 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:47 PM

I think it's nice to have goals. :lol:

:(

Right?

Are you trying the secret menu this time?!?!

I probably need to google and research...Too much secret information!!

#1273 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

Yes, yes you do. Start here.

When I'm not pretending to be vegetarian, I get a protien style cheeseburger (watching carbs, duh), and animal style fries. Animal style FTW. :lol:

#1274 AnonymouslyIndebted

AnonymouslyIndebted
  • Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:51 PM

Has anyone tried going RAW? :clapping:

#1275 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:04 PM

Has anyone tried going RAW? :glare:

Raw full time? Nope.

I do eat a LOT of raw foods, but I couldn't do it as a full-blown diet.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.