Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

The Official 2009 Weight Loss Thread

• Please log in to reply
335 replies to this topic

#101 TxQuiltGirl

TxQuiltGirl
  • Former Mods and Forum Leads
  • 6,908 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:35 PM

First weigh in since starting WW ... lost 4.6 lbs. Not bad for a week's work. :huh: I'm sure it'll go slower now, but getting started was good. And I've got C doing this with me as well ... and since I want HIM to succeed, I can't stop doing it myself.

#102 Saturngoddess

Saturngoddess
  • Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:27 PM

Okay... I'm back in..

I fell off the wagon in November, but haven't gone back into the 200's so I consider that a plus.

However, I keep looking at the 6 week makeover and don't know where to start. I need someone to put it in plain english for me - the book is too overwhelming right now (I'm depressed and my brain isn't processing the written word correctly :angry: :o ).

Can someone give me a push and some help? Please?

Thank you..

#103 Neen

Neen

Mrs. Post

• Members
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:18 PM

Okay... I'm back in..

I fell off the wagon in November, but haven't gone back into the 200's so I consider that a plus.

However, I keep looking at the 6 week makeover and don't know where to start. I need someone to put it in plain english for me - the book is too overwhelming right now (I'm depressed and my brain isn't processing the written word correctly :lol: <_< ).

Thank you..

Hey!

It's really a simple plan. PM me with specific questions and I'd be happy to help!

#104 TeeSharice

TeeSharice

ModSquad

• Mod Squad
  • 21,430 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:41 AM

ok, so here is the problem... Im down 2 lbs more this week....

tonight I have on pants I havent worn all winter because they have vertical strips that dont look too nice when they pants are tight....

HOWEVER, as loose as they've become in the hips & thighs, my gut hasnt lost a millimeter.... the sweater Im wearing camouflages it for now but still............. I really gotta concentrate on spot sculpting

#105 Neen

Neen

Mrs. Post

• Members
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:13 AM

ok, so here is the problem... Im down 2 lbs more this week....

tonight I have on pants I havent worn all winter because they have vertical strips that dont look too nice when they pants are tight....

HOWEVER, as loose as they've become in the hips & thighs, my gut hasnt lost a millimeter.... the sweater Im wearing camouflages it for now but still............. I really gotta concentrate on spot sculpting

WTG Tee!!!!!

The belly fat is a real mutha. You know it'll go when it's good and ready, and not a minute before that. Hang on, do some core work, and it'll be gone in no time!

#106 hlburi

hlburi

Colonel Mustard

• Members
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:32 AM

Okay... I'm back in..

However, I keep looking at the 6 week makeover and don't know where to start. I need someone to put it in plain english for me - the book is too overwhelming right now (I'm depressed and my brain isn't processing the written word correctly :P :blink: ).

Thank you..

Hey!

It's really a simple plan. PM me with specific questions and I'd be happy to help!

It is a simple plan. Eliminate everything from the diet that even remotely tastes good! :lol:

:::: runs :::: Before Neen belts me one on the head...

#107 Neen

Neen

Mrs. Post

• Members
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:34 AM

Okay... I'm back in..

However, I keep looking at the 6 week makeover and don't know where to start. I need someone to put it in plain english for me - the book is too overwhelming right now (I'm depressed and my brain isn't processing the written word correctly :blink: :lol: ).

Thank you..

Hey!

It is a simple plan. Eliminate everything from the diet that even remotely tastes good! :blink:

I'm too cheerful to grind you into dust. I'm skinny, yo :P

#108 hlburi

hlburi

Colonel Mustard

• Members
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:53 AM

Okay... I'm back in..

However, I keep looking at the 6 week makeover and don't know where to start. I need someone to put it in plain english for me - the book is too overwhelming right now (I'm depressed and my brain isn't processing the written word correctly :blink: :blink: ).

Thank you..

Hey!

It is a simple plan. Eliminate everything from the diet that even remotely tastes good! :lol:

I'm too cheerful to grind you into dust. I'm skinny, yo :lol:

:P :blink:

I actually applaud your progress!! (no sarcasm or jokes). Neen has been doing a good job!!

#109 Neen

Neen

Mrs. Post

• Members
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:56 AM

:P :blink:

I actually applaud your progress!! (no sarcasm or jokes). Neen has been doing a good job!!

If you call me competent, I will rip your arms out at the socket. :lol:

:blink: :blink: :lol: :lol: :wub:

#110 Saturngoddess

Saturngoddess
  • Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:35 PM

I have the book - it just hurts my head to look at it right now.

I am a "B" - but I think you said before that you were a B, but were following the A plan since it was a faster weight loss?

I did well on the B before - I love blueberries, so those and eggs were doing it for me..

#111 shasta

shasta
  • Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:50 PM

:angry: I think you are a gorgeous 40'-something mamma.. :huh:

Thanks!

I have been working out and I'm sore. Progress!

#112 shasta

shasta
  • Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:51 PM

It is a simple plan. Eliminate everything from the diet that even remotely tastes good! :angry:

:huh:

#113 Neen

Neen

Mrs. Post

• Members
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:38 PM

I am a "B" - but I think you said before that you were a B, but were following the A plan since it was a faster weight loss?

I did well on the B before - I love blueberries, so those and eggs were doing it for me..

Nope, I'm a "B" and I've followed the "B" plan since day 1. The "A" plan is more restrictive, so you'd probably lose faster, but I haven't found that weight loss is an issue for me at all with the "B" plan.

I'm actually now retyping to a "C", so I might need to alter my eating plan to accommodate the shift. You know it's difficult to get into the plan for the first day or two, but once you're used to planning for the meals, it becomes a snap!

#114 hlburi

hlburi

Colonel Mustard

• Members
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:27 PM

Nope, I'm a "B" and I've followed the "B" plan since day 1. The "A" plan is more restrictive, so you'd probably lose faster, but I haven't found that weight loss is an issue for me at all with the "B" plan.

I'm actually now retyping to a "C", so I might need to alter my eating plan to accommodate the shift. You know it's difficult to get into the plan for the first day or two, but once you're used to planning for the meals, it becomes a snap!

What's the Letter that corresponds to being able to eat Sticky Buns and stuff like that? What's that, like a "P" or something?

#115 Saturngoddess

Saturngoddess
  • Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:09 PM

What's the Letter that corresponds to being able to eat Sticky Buns and stuff like that? What's that, like a "P" or something?

F - as in FAIL <_<

#116 Galoma

Galoma
  • Bloggers
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:54 PM

Alright, I'm gonna rejoin WW. I don't like this Body Makeover nonsense, it's too much. :lol:

Starting... ummm. Friday. I gotta go grocery shopping first.

Saturn, i'm down for doing a group walk or joining a gym if you wanna! I'd invite Snork, but she's apparently pre-occupied. :lol:

Edited by lorasmom, 04 February 2009 - 07:55 PM.

#117 Saturngoddess

Saturngoddess
  • Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:27 PM

Alright, I'm gonna rejoin WW. I don't like this Body Makeover nonsense, it's too much. :unsure:

Saturn, i'm down for doing a group walk or joining a gym if you wanna! I'd invite Snork, but she's apparently pre-occupied. :unsure:

I'm down for the group walk thing. I need to get some better shoes though - maybe you could give me some suggestions?

I'm still kind of deciding about the gym - I have gym issues - maybe if I went when Hl goes, I wouldnt' have so many issues - except getting my butt outta bed LOL>.

#118 squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

CB Queen of Understatement

• Members
  • 22,296 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:42 PM

Alright, I'm gonna rejoin WW. I don't like this Body Makeover nonsense, it's too much. :unsure:

Saturn, i'm down for doing a group walk or joining a gym if you wanna! I'd invite Snork, but she's apparently pre-occupied. :blink:

I'm down for the group walk thing. I need to get some better shoes though - maybe you could give me some suggestions?

I'm still kind of deciding about the gym - I have gym issues - maybe if I went when Hl goes, I wouldnt' have so many issues - except getting my butt outta bed LOL>.

Deep Breath.

Saturn - please please PLEASE do not take offense.

Get off your A$$!!!!! Seriously. In terms of eating right and exercising, NO ONE can do that FOR you. JUST DO IT!!! If you WANT to get healthy you have to do it for yourself!! People can join you along the way, but for goodness sakes... the motivation has to come from you!!

I know that you are going through some personal issues right now, and let me tell you that one of the best ways to get out of a funk is to FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF. And one of the ways to do that is to make a CHANGE!!

You cannot control your DH, you cannot control your MIL. You CAN, however, control what goes in your mouth and the level of activity that you engage in.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm happy to help if you have any questions or want support. I have been overweight in my life (I lost 40 pounds and have kept it off for 5 years - except when I was prego).

:unsure: ((((hugs))))

#119 Saturngoddess

Saturngoddess
  • Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:59 PM

Alright, I'm gonna rejoin WW. I don't like this Body Makeover nonsense, it's too much. :rolleyes:

Saturn, i'm down for doing a group walk or joining a gym if you wanna! I'd invite Snork, but she's apparently pre-occupied. :grin:

Deep Breath.

Saturn - please please PLEASE do not take offense.

Get off your A$$!!!!! Seriously. In terms of eating right and exercising, NO ONE can do that FOR you. JUST DO IT!!! If you WANT to get healthy you have to do it for yourself!! People can join you along the way, but for goodness sakes... the motivation has to come from you!!

I know that you are going through some personal issues right now, and let me tell you that one of the best ways to get out of a funk is to FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF. And one of the ways to do that is to make a CHANGE!!

You cannot control your DH, you cannot control your MIL. You CAN, however, control what goes in your mouth and the level of activity that you engage in.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm happy to help if you have any questions or want support. I have been overweight in my life (I lost 40 pounds and have kept it off for 5 years - except when I was prego).

:P ((((hugs))))

Thanks SG :P

I totally agree.. Only I can do it - the motivation can only come from ME.... And I know that I can do it - I've done it before when I don't THINK about it - thinking is what gets me into trouble - cause then I overthink it - kind of like being paralyzed by so much information, that I overanalyze it and do nothing.

My issues with the gym are mainly that I can't find a dang place to park, and then when I do - I have to wait 20 - 30 minutes for a machine - time that could be spent doing something else... That's why I think just going earlier would be better for me - go, do it, and get it over with....

You are right - Only I can control what I do - can't control anyone else - that's why I believe in my heart that when I go to the gym, I can release all that stress and make my body strong....

I spent pretty much all day today cleaning out the pantry, getting rid of bad food ( I seriously need to go shopping now) and deciding to "Just Do It"...

I don't take offense - it is true - I just have to get up and do it.. I know that it will also help my bad knee to strengthen it so that it doesn't give out on me as much - and taking the weight off will do that too..

Do you recommend any shoes? I have a pair of Nikes - running shoes (I don't run, but I heard that they were better for walkers)... They dont' seem as stable - maybe because I got them from Kohl's instead of a shoe store?

Thanks for the support :angry:

#120 Jen23514

Jen23514
  • Members
  • 12,586 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:03 PM

I gotta agree with what SquirrelGirl said.

I gained A LOT of weight 2 years ago after a series of deaths in my life. I've lost 15 pounds since Thanksgiving and have about 20 more to go. ONLY YOU CAN MAKE THAT CHOICE.

If it's depression keeping you home, get on some meds and detox your body of sugars and processed food.

I struggled with depression during my weight gain (they kinda went hand in hand). Then I found the south beach diet (which isn't a diet, but a positive lifestyle change IMO). After picking up the book at CVS and reading it, I felt that it was NOT gimmicky, but had some sound science/common sense behind it (unlike the adkins, and everything else going around at the time, which did not seem to have common sense).

I will say, at the time, I was drinking regular coke and eating fairly healthy, but I knew not healthy enough and had a wicked sweet tooth and had about 30 pounds to lose.

The first 4 days was HELL (I won't lie). I was crabby and would have drove my mom over with a car for a coke. The cravings for food was intense. I was tired, and needed a nap every afternoon for those 4 days. About the time I couldn't take it anymore.... I woke up on the 5th day.

On the 5th day I woke up with more energy than I had in MONTHS (if not over a year). ALLLLL my food cravings were gone and my sweet tooth as well. IT WAS GREAT!

I also noticed that my mood swings decreased (from pre-diet) dramatically! Honestly, I hadn't felt that great in a long time. Losing weight was actually a lesser byproduct for me, from all the other benefits.

After 2 weeks, I switched to phase 2 and did well until something else happened and then my progress stalled. I started back again this thanksgiving.

I didn't realize how much control sugar (and food in general) had over my life until this "diet". It's not so much a diet, but a lifestyle change in eating healthier.

One day about a month into it, I decided to reward myself with a diet coke at a Vietnamese restaurant. First of all, it didn't taste as good as previously and secondly..... I was EXTREMELY tired afterwards, and noticed for about a 24 hour period, ALL my food cravings and sweet tooth came back. It was weird. It was at that moment I realized that I was allowing food to have too much control over my health and daily routine.

When I get home from the market, I chop all my veggies that I bought for snacks when I get home. I put them into storage containers in the fridge (with the screw on cap kind, which is easier for DD). That way, when she wants grapes or carrots to snack on, they are already rinsed and cut. I also do this for salad fixings. I find that if I want a quick salad and cucumbers and everything else is already rinsed and cut and all I have to do is grab the rubbermaid containers out of the fridge, I'm more likely to eat a salad.

It usually takes more time after coming home from the market, but I find I waste less produce this way and DD and I both eat healthier snacks. We also up our fiber intake, which has made a HUGE difference in how I feel in many ways.

[I'm down for the group walk thing. I need to get some better shoes though - maybe you could give me some suggestions?

first of all,. $80 for a pair of asics or new balance will get you started. Since you're just a beginner walker, it's not so important buying the most hi-tech shoe right now.

secondly, if you have gym issues, see if there is Curves or some other women-only gym there that would let you be more comfortable.

#121 Jen23514

Jen23514
  • Members
  • 12,586 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

Do you recommend any shoes?

find a running store, bring in your old nike's so they can see how they wear.

let the people know what you need them for : running/walking/whatever

and your price range. totally worth it. Don't go to a place like ding-a-ling's Sporting Goods, they have kids there. Last time I was in there the dude laughed and said, "I haven't run a mile my whole life" :cry2:

http://www.runnerswo...417-0-0,00.html

#122 Saturngoddess

Saturngoddess
  • Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:31 PM

I gotta agree with what SquirrelGirl said.

I gained A LOT of weight 2 years ago after a series of deaths in my life. I've lost 15 pounds since Thanksgiving and have about 20 more to go. ONLY YOU CAN MAKE THAT CHOICE.

If it's depression keeping you home, get on some meds and detox your body of sugars and processed food.

I struggled with depression during my weight gain (they kinda went hand in hand). Then I found the south beach diet (which isn't a diet, but a positive lifestyle change IMO). After picking up the book at CVS and reading it, I felt that it was NOT gimmicky, but had some sound science/common sense behind it (unlike the adkins, and everything else going around at the time, which did not seem to have common sense).

I will say, at the time, I was drinking regular coke and eating fairly healthy, but I knew not healthy enough and had a wicked sweet tooth and had about 30 pounds to lose.

The first 4 days was HELL (I won't lie). I was crabby and would have drove my mom over with a car for a coke. The cravings for food was intense. I was tired, and needed a nap every afternoon for those 4 days. About the time I couldn't take it anymore.... I woke up on the 5th day.

On the 5th day I woke up with more energy than I had in MONTHS (if not over a year). ALLLLL my food cravings were gone and my sweet tooth as well. IT WAS GREAT!

I also noticed that my mood swings decreased (from pre-diet) dramatically! Honestly, I hadn't felt that great in a long time. Losing weight was actually a lesser byproduct for me, from all the other benefits.

After 2 weeks, I switched to phase 2 and did well until something else happened and then my progress stalled. I started back again this thanksgiving.

I didn't realize how much control sugar (and food in general) had over my life until this "diet". It's not so much a diet, but a lifestyle change in eating healthier.

One day about a month into it, I decided to reward myself with a diet coke at a Vietnamese restaurant. First of all, it didn't taste as good as previously and secondly..... I was EXTREMELY tired afterwards, and noticed for about a 24 hour period, ALL my food cravings and sweet tooth came back. It was weird. It was at that moment I realized that I was allowing food to have too much control over my health and daily routine.

When I get home from the market, I chop all my veggies that I bought for snacks when I get home. I put them into storage containers in the fridge (with the screw on cap kind, which is easier for DD). That way, when she wants grapes or carrots to snack on, they are already rinsed and cut. I also do this for salad fixings. I find that if I want a quick salad and cucumbers and everything else is already rinsed and cut and all I have to do is grab the rubbermaid containers out of the fridge, I'm more likely to eat a salad.

It usually takes more time after coming home from the market, but I find I waste less produce this way and DD and I both eat healthier snacks. We also up our fiber intake, which has made a HUGE difference in how I feel in many ways.

[I'm down for the group walk thing. I need to get some better shoes though - maybe you could give me some suggestions?

first of all,. $80 for a pair of asics or new balance will get you started. Since you're just a beginner walker, it's not so important buying the most hi-tech shoe right now.

secondly, if you have gym issues, see if there is Curves or some other women-only gym there that would let you be more comfortable.

Hey Jen -

I was on Atkins previously, and did really well - but got tired of the food (my fault, since I didn't move on from the "Induction" part of the plan to where I could eat the veggies etc).

I did really well on the Body Makeover - most of my issues were not planning - When I plan I do REALLY well - when I don't - well, you know how the saying goes. :cry2:

I don't really have gym issues - I don't mind going - I just don't like going when the whole city is there. I don't need any help to keep me out of the gym - I just want to be able to park, and get in, find a machine and do it. Even when I go at 9pm, it's too dang crowded - people are waiting to get on machines :cry2:. The 24 hour Fitness is open 24 hours, so if I go in the morning (early - I'm not going to be there for 3 hours - I need to work up to that LOL) it shouldn't be that crowded.

I tried a Curves once with my stepmom - it just isn't me - the hours aren't there (meaning they are pretty much scarce - morning, and night - hardly any afternoons - it is just weird) and we live near a Leisure World - I kinda want to go with people my age LOL...

I'm doing a 5k walk in 3 weeks. I used to love to do walks - I would try to find one every month to do if I could. Walking is great - I just think I picked the wrong shoes - Usually I love Nike - these are monsters.

I appreciate your support :cry2:

#123 Jen23514

Jen23514
  • Members
  • 12,586 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

NP.

the BIG, BIG (did I say BIG) difference between what I was suggesting is the SBD is NOT a gimmick like atkins.

read the book, you'll see what I mean

try the running store, you might be pleasantly surprised.

good luck.

#124 Galoma

Galoma
  • Bloggers
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:02 PM

Saturn, I have Brooks and I <_< them. I tend to roll my ankles, and these work wonders for correcting that. Like Jen said, any good running store can give you a reco. They'll watch you walk for a bit, and suggest a couple pairs for you - don't be afraid to try a million! I shopped a good dozen shoes before I settled on the Brooks.

A 5K is NOTHIN'! You can do that, no doubt. Let's start walking together, maybe we can work up to the gym :lol:

Nights after work are good for me, and I think you're on my way home, so that's an easy stop - what do you think?

#125 Saturngoddess

Saturngoddess
  • Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:11 PM

That sounds like a plan :lol: .. I'm going to have to go shopping tomorrow to find a really good running shoe store.

I think it's time to ditch the Nikes... <_<

Oops - I missed the second post from Jen with the link in it - I found a running store right down the road!!

Cool beans..

Thanks Jen!!

Edited by Saturngoddess, 05 February 2009 - 07:14 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.