Welcome to Creditboards!
We are glad you have decided to join us.
Here are some basic CB rules and tips for getting started:
1) Please post your question or comment in the appropriate forum. This will help you get the quickest, most accurate responses.
Please keep posts on-topic. A new subject is best discussed in a new thread.
2) Please keep your post clear and easy to understand. You may wish to separate different subjects into different posts.
3) Please read and understand the Terms Of Service. It outlines what is and is not allowed. You will see many different opinions and suggestions here.
Remember that Creditboards in not to be considered legal or professional advice, You are ultimately responsible for your actions and decisions. Always consider all possible outcomes of any course of action and plan accordingly.
No advertising, spamming or solicitation of any sort is allowed.
Creditboards is not a CRO nor does it provide personalized credit, financial counseling or individualized services of any sort.
There are no services provided "for sale", nor are donations requested or accepted.
You are encouraged to retain the services of a professional as necessary.
Creditboards provides a forum for consumers to share knowledge and experiences. Creditboards.com is not the "publisher" of individual member posts.
4) Personally identifying information is never necessary. Please do not post account numbers, your full name, address, Social Security number, etc. Despite our family atmosphere and security measures, Creditboards is a public forum, open to viewing by anybody. Please treat your personal information accordingly.
5) If you have not received a response to your post, please don't feel that we are ignoring you. It is likely not intentional, but the result of heavy traffic. You may "bump" your post back up to the top of the list when necessary, so that it is seen.
To "bump" your post, just reply to your own post with the subject line "bump". Back up to the top it goes!
6) Please be respectful of other CreditBoards members. Many diverse backgrounds and lifestyles are represented here, and we insist that all are treated with dignity. Offensive remarks, racial, ethnic or religious intolerance may just offend the person who has the very answer you seek. We welcome members from all walks of life, and insist that our home remain a safe and friendly place for everyone.
Political and/or religious discussion or commentary is not allowed in any form, such posts will be moderated or removed. Your cooperation is appreciated.
If you should find a post offensive or disruptive, please use the "notify" function in the upper-right corner to bring it to the moderators attention.
7) Please use common sense. Be wary of anyone offering to help you out in private.
CreditBoards will never request money or any other consideration in exchange for access to this board. Any member who requests money or any other consideration in conjunction with this board should be immediately reported to the staff. Guard your personal information! The best way to ask questions and work on your reports is in public- in the forums.
Scammers and the like don't like the light of day!
8) You will find the board's Personal Message and Email functions disabled until you've accumulated a certain number of posts.
Although inconvenient, this is for the protection of our members.
It stops the "hit and run" scammers from PM'ing and Emailing our members with questionable offers and the like.
With a board as busy as this one, certain unscrupulous types see you as a target for their marketing, lol- restricting personal messaging to those who have been here for a while stops them in their tracks.
9) Creditboards may from time to time offer games or contests for your enjoyment. Occasionally CB or it's members may provide prizes or gifts to be awarded in certain contests.
The following rules apply to contests, games, gifts and prizes:
a) YOU are solely responsible for any taxes, fees, warranty registration, insurance, recall or safety notices you may incur as a result of receiving a prize.
B) CB makes no claims of fitness, warranty, suitability or merchantability of any sort related to gifts and prizes.
c) Contests, gifts and prizes are provided by CB or it's members for the use of CB's members. You must be a contributing member of CB in order to participate in contests. You must have attained "member" status or equivalent to vote in contests and polls.
d) CB reserves the right to terminate, alter or otherwise modify any contest if we -at our sole discretion- believe these rules have not been followed.
e) CB assumes no liability of any sort related to contests, games, prizes or other content found on this site.
10) CB is not the place to discuss scams or illegal activities.
We reserve the right to remove any post(s) at any time- for any reason- at our sole discretion.
Leaving any certain post visible does not signify approval of it's contents. Please use common sense and good judgment at all times.
YOU are solely responsible for the content of your posts, CB assumes no liability for member-provided content.
11) CB may from time to time allow third-parties to advertise on our site. Advertising placed by certain third-parties (Google) is not reviewed by CB and we do not take a position, positive or negative on any specific item that may be advertised.
Your personal information, email address, user name or other similar information is never given, sold or otherwise provided to anyone for marketing or any other purpose.
Please read our Terms of Service, located
Thanks for joining us, and best wishes on your credit journey!
Welcome to CreditBoards!
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
Posting Tips- Getting Started
Posted 22 April 2003 - 12:18 AM
Welcome to Creditboards!
Posted 01 April 2004 - 05:49 PM
Making a post easier to comprehend, especially when explaining your particular situation is the key to getting useful answers to your questions!
0 user(s) are browsing this forum
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users