Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Eviction shows up on Chexsystems report - I've never been evicted

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 reginaskywalker

reginaskywalker
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:57 PM

Hi,

I was denied a banking account a while back through Ally. Curious, I pulled my chexsystems report. There were no negative marks, with the exception of an apparent eviction from 57 months ago. I have never been evicted. This eviction doesn't show up on my credit report through transunion or experian according to creditkarma.

Is there anything I can do to find out where this eviction comes from?

#2 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 51,169 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:16 PM

Welcome to CB.

If the bank issued you an adverse action, then they are required to provide you a notice that lists the source of the action.  You should get your free copy of your Chex file, and dispute the inaccurate entry.

#3 stevensmileyx

stevensmileyx
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:14 AM

Most of the time you will find a section in your chex systems report, which I am assuming to which you are referring, that contains a mix of data parroted from LexisNexis. A simple dispute with Chexsystems will remove the information and its been my opinion and experience that they do not go through the trouble of attempting to verify the information with Lexis (report frozen or not) they have always just removed it. They use this conglomeration of data to give your report a score and pass that along to banks. 

Request a report from LexisNexis.. there are threads here on how to get a full file disclosure. That will give you more detailed information on what you are seeing.

How many inquiries do you have on your Chex report - in total?

I am wondering if inquiries have more to do with the denial and contribution to a low scoring factor on your Chex.

#4 reginaskywalker

reginaskywalker
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:40 AM

Thanks for the information, you two.

I have filed an online dispute report with chexsystems.

As for LexisNexis, I will request a full report from them, as well. Man, oh man, do I wish all of these people had reports online for instant access. Chexsystems was relatively quick, but LexisNexis reports a 15 day processing time, as does AnnualCreditReport.com (couldn't get them instantly for some reason). I'm trying to work on credit building, and since all but 2 collections on my report are old medical bills (4+ years old) that I racked up before getting on disability, I'm going to try WhyChat's method to get them deleted.

I have an embarrassing number of inquiries on my chexsystems report. I honestly had no idea any of these companies even looked at the report, otherwise I probably would have used more discretion. I got into a spot a few months back and was looking into some loan possibilities to hold me over. Didn't get the loans and I screwed up my chexsystems rating in the process, so it was a lose lose. As of the report, I have 21 inquiries. I count at least 2 duplicates, one of them is Ally because I wasn't aware they were sending a decline by snail mail, and I assumed something went wrong with my application, so I submitted again.

#5 stevensmileyx

stevensmileyx
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:27 PM

If you have a lot of inquiries, I am betting on that as the possible reason for the decline, not so much any other information. With regular credit, inquiries on your report don't matter as much as they used to. But with chexsystems they do.. a lot. Opening, or the appearance of opening - or attempting to .. sends red flags that you might be doing something irregular. Rather then take the chance, they decline you. 

There are inquiries I have seen on my report from companies other than banks, duplicates, etc. I disputed most all of my inquiries as "NO PERMISSIBLE PURPOSE".. meaning that I did not authorize the banks to run inquiries whenever they felt like it.. and with this alone, they were dropped. Get the inquiries off you report, and try and open your account again. 

Your Lexis report.. prepare for it.. it will be thick. Lots of information that sometimes parrots the credit bureaus, sometimes not. 

I just send out a week ago nearly 50 individual letters to every credit place I could find requesting my reports. Its worth the time and postage to be in control of your own information.

At the end of the day, you will be an informed consumer and will be able to dictate your information.

Good Luck.

#6 Burgerwars

Burgerwars
  • Members
  • 3,392 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:01 PM

I agree you shouldn't open too many bank accounts in a short period. I was once thrown under the bus by a bank for doing that. The number that's unacceptable will vary. Also be careful about opening another account or two soon after opening one. The first bank may find out about that, not like it, and close your account.

#7 reginaskywalker

reginaskywalker
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:03 AM

I just disputed my inquiries at ChexSystems. Hopefully they come through. I'm not particularly interested in that bank anymore (I got approved with a local credit union) but I really want to get all of this stuff off of my reports in any case; Thanks for the advice, guys. I never thought that attempting to open multiple bank accounts would be seen as a negative thing. I suppose I makes sense, though.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.