Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Excluding Credit - NFCU is cool because...

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 CreditCuestions

CreditCuestions
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:02 AM

You can order a Cashiers check for free, over the phone, and they will overnight it for 5 bucks!

#2 Konrad2012

Konrad2012

Bang Influence

• Members
  • 12,038 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:06 AM

You can order a Cashiers check for free, over the phone, and they will overnight it for 5 bucks!

That is the first I have seen of that. Nice find. Do you happen to know the time cutoffs?

#3 CreditCuestions

CreditCuestions
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:13 AM

That is the first I have seen of that. Nice find. Do you happen to know the time cutoffs?

Yes it is 3pm EST

#4 Matti

Matti

Stealth Influence II

• Members
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:21 PM

It'd likely be $5 less to walk into a local CU and have the check in hand in roughly 5 minutes time.

#5 CreditCuestions

CreditCuestions
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:25 PM

If you need it sent to a third party business or person they will send it for you.  My overnight rates with FedEx are $22 it comes in very handy.

#6 mec

mec
  • Members
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:34 PM

I think their overall delivery of their suite of products is pretty good as a one stop shop.

If I were to have to do all my banking and borrowing with only one institution, I think NFCU would finish in the top 6.

They have a very homey feel to their presentation that does give the impression of giving more of their customers more value than anyone else in the same group.

Edited by mec, 21 April 2017 - 08:35 PM.

#7 Konrad2012

Konrad2012

Bang Influence

• Members
  • 12,038 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:36 PM

It'd likely be $5 less to walk into a local CU and have the check in hand in roughly 5 minutes time.

That's about the most short sighted observation ever.  You obviously are oblivious to overnight shipping fees and also place no value on your time.

#8 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 27,649 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:38 PM

Our main banks are Bank of America and Wells Fargo, and cashier's checks are free for us at both places.

Neither bank has a branch in Mudland, so I could see using this service once in a while when I am across the country, need a cashier's check, and Enneffseeyou doesn't have my accounts locked.

#9 mec

mec
  • Members
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:41 PM

Our main banks are Bank of America and Wells Fargo, and cashier's checks are free for us at both places.

Neither bank has a branch in Mudland, so I could see using this service once in a while when I am across the country, need a cashier's check, and Enneffseeyou doesn't have my accounts locked.

One of those Banks made my list too.

#10 Konrad2012

Konrad2012

Bang Influence

• Members
  • 12,038 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:01 PM

I get free cashiers checks at BofA as well.  And will still get the majority of my cashiers checks there.

The beauty of this is you can do it while driving down the road via bluetooth.

#11 blake10

blake10
  • Members
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:09 PM

the $5 includes the overnight fee???? If so that is awesome

#12 CreditCuestions

CreditCuestions
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:18 PM

the $5 includes the overnight fee???? If so that is awesome

Yes the cashiers check is free and it is sent overnight via FedEx for $5.65 and I think it is the same if you want it delivered by 10:30am or 3:00pm

#13 Matti

Matti

Stealth Influence II

• Members
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

That's about the most short sighted observation ever.  You obviously are oblivious to overnight shipping fees and also place no value on your time.

:rolleyes:

#14 smartlypretty

smartlypretty
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

I agree in as much as it would take at least half an hour even if they prepped it instantly (there's a CU 5-10 minutes from me). I work from home so time is always $.

#15 Konrad2012

Konrad2012

Bang Influence

• Members
  • 12,038 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

Roll your eyes all you want. I stand by my statement.

From a time perspective, there's no effn way you're driving to a CU, parking, walking inside, possibly waiting in line, filling out a debit form, having the employee print the MO and a mgr sign, walking to your car, driving to UPS/FedEx/USPS, parking, walking inside, filling out overnight paperwork, putting the check in an overnight envelope, paying the overnight fee, walking back to your car all in 5 minutes. NO EFFN WAY.

And I doubt you're getting the overnight AM shipment for $5.65.

Like I said. Short sighted.

Edited by Konrad2012, 22 April 2017 - 04:01 PM.

#16 Tyra

Tyra
  • Members
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:32 PM

Thanks for finding that.  Not sure I'll ever use it, but nice to know it is an option.

#17 USF813

USF813
  • CB JAIL
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

From a time perspective, there's no effn way you're driving to a CU, parking, walking inside, possibly waiting in line, filling out a debit form, having the employee print the MO and a mgr sign, walking to your car, driving to UPS/FedEx/USPS, parking, walking inside, filling out overnight paperwork, putting the check in an overnight envelope, paying the overnight fee, walking back to your car all in 5 minutes. NO EFFN WAY.

Did you escape from myfico or something and manage to belittle people in 11k+ posts before someone caught on? I can get a money order at the Publix two minutes from my house for $0.89.

Knock it off with your nasty attitude. Not everyone is homebound and destitute to the point where they need to have NFCU mail them a cashiers check for $5.

Edited by USF813, 22 April 2017 - 07:30 PM.

#18 mec

mec
  • Members
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:28 PM

A cashier's check is not the same thing as a money order.

#19 Konrad2012

Konrad2012

Bang Influence

• Members
  • 12,038 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:51 PM

Did you escape from myfico or something and manage to belittle people in 11k+ posts before someone caught on? I can get a money order at the Publix two minutes from my house for $0.89.

Knock it off with your nasty attitude. Not everyone is homebound and destitute to the point where they need to have NFCU mail them a cashiers check for $5.

WTF? Are you slow? A money order isn't a cashier's check. The fact that you don't know the difference shows who is destitute and a broke asss.

And who said the cashiers check had to be mailed to me? And it's not "mailed", it's overnight expressed.

Your simple mind missed all the benefits.

#20 USF813

USF813
  • CB JAIL
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:16 AM

WTF? Are you slow? A money order isn't a cashier's check. The fact that you don't know the difference shows who is destitute and a broke asss.
And who said the cashiers check had to be mailed to me? And it's not "mailed", it's overnight expressed.

I do know the difference. You must enjoy hiding behind your keyboard building up postcounts and thumping your chest, don't you?

#21 Konrad2012

Konrad2012

Bang Influence

• Members
  • 12,038 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:43 AM

I do know the difference. You must enjoy hiding behind your keyboard building up postcounts and thumping your chest, don't you?

Ok Troll. You should stay out of conversations that are beyond your grasp.

If you know the difference, how can you make a parochial comment comparing going to Publix and getting a $500 money order for $0.89 to getting a $50K cashiers check overnight expressed?

In your insular mind, you really thought that the $5 benefit being discussed was to have the cashiers check (or money order LOL) mailed to your house so you didn't have to go to the branch. Ignoramus.

#22 PotO

PotO

Mr. Mean

• Members
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:19 AM

Does it hurt when you think?

Perhaps you value your time at $600 in food stamps every month so for you it's worth 20 minutes of your life to get a "money order" for $0.89.

#23 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 27,649 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:29 AM

I can drive to the nearest NFCU branch and withdraw cash in person for free.  Suckers.

#24 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 51,157 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:31 AM

STOP IT NOW!

#25 Konrad2012

Konrad2012

Bang Influence

• Members
  • 12,038 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:02 AM

STOP IT NOW!

You're absolutely right Marv. I'm not sure how a conversation about getting cashier checks via phone expressed anywhere in the country for $5 turned into me being homebound and destitute. And of course my contributions to CB the last week have been from Myanmar, Thailand and now Mainland China.

Although I think its a great tool to be able to call NFCU 24/7 via Skype and send a cashiers check anywhere I need it to go in CONUS while I'm overseas 75-100 days/yr.

Wan An

Edited by Konrad2012, 23 April 2017 - 11:08 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.