Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Can I purchase a house with 701 EXP

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 frenchy69

frenchy69
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

Hi

We've found a perfect house we wanted ,since Ive  been working on my credit since 2015 

Ive improved my score tremendously .

I have  couple of questions .

What rate Am I looking at ?

My true Score from credit score limit 

EXP 701, ON EQ 698 ,Trans  is 696

I made an offer for $284k accepted it from 295k

My mortgage  is currently 1200 

I want to move in now and sell my house later.

I have a friend that works at prime lending.

But I am not sure what rate Am I looking at ?

He asked me to send him 

My W2s 2015 & 2016

2 Current pat stubs

3-2 months bank statements.

Any idea about a prime lending bank 

I am thinking to go to my credit union to do this loan instead 

Any inputs will greatly be appreciated .

I believe my DTI is fine since my income is good.

He also told me cloning cost will be $3000 to $3800  includes appraisal title fees recording of the mortgage 

is this fair ?

How much do I need to put down to avoid paying PMI ?

Do I need to put down 20%  ?

Thanks 

#2 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 27,649 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:35 AM

https://creditboards...opic=591378&hl=

#3 Brian B The Loan Professor

Brian B The Loan Professor
  • Forum Leads
  • 11,325 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:04 PM

Congratulations on finding a home you sound excited - slow down and take the time to crunch the numbers and make sure it makes sense - There is no way we can give a detailed answer to the questions including what rate without the same info the person you spoke with asked for 

What is your monthly income?

What are your monthly debts (min payments all cards  cars student loans etc)

How much is your current mortgage you plan to hold until after the purchase?

Tp avoid PMI you will need 20% down however there are options for as little as 3.5% to 5% down - they will have PMI to compensate for the added risk to the lender

I wouldnt trust the scores you have - the Fico scores pulled by a lender may be different

Test the waters with any lender - if you are confident and trust the answers you are given you should be fine - The biggest complaint is lack of communication or not answering questions - 

You have been through the process once - that helps - The closing costs sound about right but you will also have to fund your escrow account and pay the insurance for a year so plan on more

what you were quoted is probably just the lender and title company - 

Good Luck

BrianBTheLoanProfessor

MortgageForumLead

Hi

We've found a perfect house we wanted ,since Ive  been working on my credit since 2015 

Ive improved my score tremendously .

I have  couple of questions .

What rate Am I looking at ?

My true Score from credit score limit 

EXP 701, ON EQ 698 ,Trans  is 696

I made an offer for $284k accepted it from 295k

My mortgage  is currently 1200 

I want to move in now and sell my house later.

I have a friend that works at prime lending.

But I am not sure what rate Am I looking at ?

He asked me to send him 

My W2s 2015 & 2016

2 Current pat stubs

3-2 months bank statements.

Any idea about a prime lending bank 

I am thinking to go to my credit union to do this loan instead 

Any inputs will greatly be appreciated .

I believe my DTI is fine since my income is good.

He also told me cloning cost will be $3000 to $3800  includes appraisal title fees recording of the mortgage 

is this fair ?

How much do I need to put down to avoid paying PMI ?

Do I need to put down 20%  ?

Thanks 

#4 frenchy69

frenchy69
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:19 PM

My income is not a problem even with both mortgages including my both cars.

I am under 32%.I make 17k a month 

I  want a lower interest and No PMI  and NO closing cost  

#5 Morpheus1967

Morpheus1967
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:36 AM

If you want no closing costs, you should have addressed that when you made your offer and requested that the seller pay closing costs.  For no PMI, you need 20% down, so $56,800.  If you have that much to put down, I don't see why another 3k (this seems low by the way) would be an issue.

#6 mendelssohn

mendelssohn

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper VI

• Members
  • 27,724 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:16 AM

If you want no closing costs, you should have addressed that when you made your offer and requested that the seller pay closing costs.  For no PMI, you need 20% down, so $56,800.  If you have that much to put down, I don't see why another 3k (this seems low by the way) would be an issue.

You don't need 20% down to avoid PMI.

#7 tiggerlgh

tiggerlgh
  • Members
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:49 AM

You do if you don't want the PMI built into the rate.

#8 mendelssohn

mendelssohn

• Members
  • 27,724 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:11 AM

Not true.  The mortgage guys and CV have posted examples of less than 20% with no PMI build in. 

I'm not talking no money down.

#9 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 27,649 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:29 AM

Not true.  The mortgage guys and CV have posted examples of less than 20% with no PMI build in. 

I'm not talking no money down.

If you are dealing with companies that originate vanilla mass-market loans for the GSEs or loans guaranteed by various government agencies you will get vanilla products with vanilla requirements and exorbitant costs when you put less than 20% down.

If you look around and make a few phone calls you'll find other options with portfolio lenders who use their own lending guidelines and not those imposed by investors or guarantors.  

We did an 85% LTV 3/1 ARM  last summer for 1.99% with 0 points and no PMI last summer.  

Our loan also lets us re-lock the rate at the "then-current" 3/1 ARM rate for another three years for a nominal $295 fee and a signature on a one-page form.  We reset the rate in month two when it dipped a little, and it's currently at 1.74%.

#10 frenchy69

frenchy69
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:53 PM

OK

I called my bank Ive requested a break down for all the closing cost and total of my pocket.

Its going to be $6888 

Ive decided to go with an 80% and 15 %

the 40% is at 4% fixed

the 15% is 6.75 fixed no pre payment penalty .I will pay

No PMI putting 5% down I could put  more But Ive decided not too

Thats the deal 

Very excited 

#11 Morpheus1967

Morpheus1967
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:15 AM

Instead of making blanket statements that are contradictory, which you are wont to do to a lot of people who post here, it would be great if you actually explained your statements instead of just making them.  

#12 mendelssohn

mendelssohn

• Members
  • 27,724 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:04 AM

Instead of making blanket statements that are contradictory, which you are wont to do to a lot of people who post here, it would be great if you actually explained your statements instead of just making them.  

I'm not sure how you don't understand that statement.

There are lenders that require less than 20% down to get the best terms and avoid PMI.

You actually made the blanket statement, not me, when you said "for no PMI, you need 20% down." I'm pointing out that this is inaccurate.

#13 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 27,649 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:09 AM

I'm not sure how you don't understand that statement.
There are lenders that require less than 20% down to get the best terms and avoid PMI.
You actually made the blanket statement, not me, when you said "for no PMI, you need 20% down." I'm pointing out that this is inaccurate.

If only someone was able to contribute an example.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.