Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Medical Collections - Hipaa

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 SMALLFISH

SMALLFISH
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:05 PM

After reading quite a bit the last couple of days, I've decided to begin the hipaa quest to remove the only two collections on my credit reports. Two small medical collections. So here goes..

Steps I've completed:

1. Opted out

2. Mailed the requests to remove all previous and incorrect addresses from all bureaus

Relevant Info:

I live in Louisiana

Both listed as medical collections on CRA.

Collections Info:

1. Receivable Recovery Serv

110 Veterans Blvd.

Metairie, LA 70005

Date Opened: 11/2014  (2 yrs, 4 mos)

On record until 2/2021

$197

2. Southern Credit Recov

3228 6th Street

Metairie, LA 70002

Date Opened: 7/2013 (3 yrs, 8 mos) 

On record until 10/2019

$125

My next step is to send the initial dispute form to all CRA, correct? If so, would it be better to only tackle the older collection now and wait to tackle the other one after it passes the 3 year mark? 

Good advice is greatly appreciated!!

#2 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 26,808 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:56 AM

Do them both at the same time.

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

They appear to be "left over" small balances that are either illegal "balance billing" or obtained from a data miner.

Were you insured at the time of medical services?? If so, do you have your EOMBs ( explanation of medical benefits) from your insurance Co?

You are confusing the "reporting" date with the date of service. Your dates of service are 2/14 on the first and 10/12 on the second. ( count back 7 years from the "on record" date)

#3 SMALLFISH

SMALLFISH
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:46 AM

I don't have the paper eomb's anymore (shame on me), but I called my health insurance company to look up and verify those two dates of service with those charges and after being put on hold for a moment the customer service rep said that she could not locate either charge or date of service in their system. She stated that the date of service from 2012 was so old that they no longer have access to it to verify it because they are using some new system.

In summation, I was unable to verify either charge. What next?

Thank you for your guidance whychat!

#4 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 26,808 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:36 PM

Continue the program-- send the initial dispute letters and include ALL medical accounts

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

#5 SMALLFISH

SMALLFISH
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:16 AM

Ok.

Just an update, I also had a second ssn show up on my experian report. So I'm sending another letter to Exp Dispute Dept to request they remove the invalid number. I got notice this morning from my monitoring service that Experian also tagged my report with a fraud alert. Is there a way to get the fraud alert taken off after this process is over? I understand it's good for the dispute process, but would it be an extra hassle afterward?

I have my initial dispute letters in their envelopes ready to be sent. How long should I wait before sending them? I just sent the address disputes last week. Should I give that more time before proceeding with initial disputes to CRA's?

Thank you for your help! There's gonna be some happy cats in the near future!

#6 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 26,808 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:15 PM

Go ahead and send the initial disputes.

You can opt back in again whenever your reports are clear, however, if you are opted back in and you decide to apply for a mortgage the data miners may dredge up old accounts that were deleted and re-insert them.

#7 SMALLFISH

SMALLFISH
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:25 PM

Ok, Initial disputes were mailed last friday. I will update as I get updates from CRAs.

I got my address dispute responses from all three CRAs and all of the invalid addresses are deleted as well as the invalid ssn experian was also showing. I didn't really run into any difficulty with those steps.

#8 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 26,808 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:19 PM

Ok, Initial disputes were mailed last friday. I will update as I get updates from CRAs.

I got my address dispute responses from all three CRAs and all of the invalid addresses are deleted as well as the invalid ssn experian was also showing. I didn't really run into any difficulty with those steps.

Glad to see that you had no problems. Don't worry about the fraud alert. It will be on all 3 CRA reports but it only lasts 90 days and is helpful (not harmful) in the dispute proccess.

#9 SMALLFISH

SMALLFISH
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:55 PM

Positive Note: Maybe it's a sign..I looked at my Capital One Creditwise app this evening (Vantage 3.0 score based off of TU report) and the two disputes from the TU report appear to have been deleted since today's update. My score jumped 66 points from last months score. I'm anxious to get a confirmation letter in the mail from TU about it.

Now, if EQ and EX will just follow suit. I'm anxiously awaiting to hear something back from those two as well. My fingers are crossed.

#10 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 26,808 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:13 AM

TU is very fast to delete. You may not get a confirmation letter, if you DO get a confirmation letter be sure to KEEP it for at least 3 years.

If you don't get any response from Eq or Ex within the next 10 days, come back here and we will tell you how to check those reports.

#11 SMALLFISH

SMALLFISH
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:54 AM

I happened to get a letter from TU in the mail yesterday confirming both collections have been deleted. I have it filed with the rest of my records now.

Still waiting on results from Eq and Ex

#12 SMALLFISH

SMALLFISH
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:00 PM

My EX score went up this morning and now matches my TU. I think they removed the collections.

Just waiting on EQ now.

#13 SMALLFISH

SMALLFISH
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

Still no word from EQ. My credit score monitoring hasn't detected any change either.

#14 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 26,808 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

Wait another few days. Then go to the Eq website. DO NOT "log on" Click on submit a new dispute, follow the instructions ( your report must be within the last 90 days) You DO NOT actually file a new dispute. This is called the "back door" it brings up a current report.

#15 SMALLFISH

SMALLFISH
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:35 AM

Equifax is still unresponsive. If I haven't received anything from them by tomorrow morning I'll try the backdoor and check that report.

#16 SMALLFISH

SMALLFISH
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:01 PM

When I try to go through the backdoor from the main webpage of Equifax. I click on "Submit a Dispute" and it opens a pop up window which asks for my information. At the bottom of the popup it asks me to check a box which says "To continue, click to agree to Online Delivery of Results"

Is there another "backdoor" way or am I doing this right? From what I understand I ONLY want to communicate with Eq via snail mail, right?

#17 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 26,808 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:04 PM

When I try to go through the backdoor from the main webpage of Equifax. I click on "Submit a Dispute" and it opens a pop up window which asks for my information. At the bottom of the popup it asks me to check a box which says "To continue, click to agree to Online Delivery of Results"

Is there another "backdoor" way or am I doing this right? From what I understand I ONLY want to communicate with Eq via snail mail, right?

It is OK to continue and agree to on line delivery of results as you will NOT be actually entering a new dispute-- so the "results" will not exist.

#18 SMALLFISH

SMALLFISH
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:47 PM

Ok, I went in and took a look under collections and both collections are still showing, both with a "This item is currently under investigation. You should receive the results of our investigation soon."

Under the comment section it says "consumer disputes - reinvestigation in progress" ... even though this is the first attempt ever disputing them.

#19 SMALLFISH

SMALLFISH
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:54 AM

Still no alerts of any changes from my EQ monitoring service. Should I try the backdoor method again or wait a little longer?

#20 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 26,808 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:33 AM

Still no alerts of any changes from my EQ monitoring service. Should I try the backdoor method again or wait a little longer?

Wait another 10 days before checking the back door again

#21 SMALLFISH

SMALLFISH
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:46 AM

I checked the backdoor this morning. Only one collection remains. The one from Receivable Recovery for $197

Status was "D - Unpaid" and it was no longer tagged as being disputed as it was the last time I checked.

What's the next step to take?

#22 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 26,808 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:49 PM

OK, now you send the CA the medical DV;

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

as soon as you proof of receipt you send the CRA(s) the follow up dispute;

https://whychat.me/l...aa.html#DISPUTE

#23 SMALLFISH

SMALLFISH
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:02 PM

I don't know what the collection agency uses as an account number. All my equifax report says is under Account Number is "347XXXX"

Would it be sufficient to reference the dollar amount and the original creditor's name, or is that collection agency acct number required?

#24 SMALLFISH

SMALLFISH
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:21 AM

Is that account number for the collection agency necessary?

#25 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 26,808 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:12 PM

Is that account number for the collection agency necessary?

Yes, your initial dispute letter should list the account # exactly as reported on the report you are disputing (xxx's and all)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.