Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

From 400s to 800s. From $0 to over $300k.

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 breeze

breeze

Site Owners

• Admin
  • 53,147 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

congrats on the hard work and great outcomes.

Started my rebuild in October 2016 after 15 years of being told cancer would kill me in six months.. finally stopped listening to the doctors and just plan on living. From Oct 2016 to today Aug 18 2017, I have gone from no open credit lines to 51K including the 6K Discover It card I got today.  I don't expect to get to $300K but if I hit $100K in under 2 years total I will be more than happy.

Congrats again

Welcome. Fighters fit right in here. ;)

#52 Kat58

Kat58

CB Detective

• Members
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:24 PM

Started my rebuild in October 2016 after 15 years of being told cancer would kill me in six months.. finally stopped listening to the doctors and just plan on living. From Oct 2016 to today Aug 18 2017, I have gone from no open credit lines to 51K including the 6K Discover It card I got today.  I don't expect to get to $300K but if I hit $100K in under 2 years total I will be more than happy.

Congrats again

Welcome to CB!   :wave:

Congratulations on the Discover approval... nice starting line!

#53 mikenola

mikenola
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:53 AM

Congrats again

Thanks Breeze... and a fight it always seems to be :sorry:

#54 mikenola

mikenola
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:07 AM

Congrats again

Welcome to CB!   :wave:

Congratulations on the Discover approval... nice starting line!

Thanks, a couple funny things about the Discover approval.

First is i got an Invitation to Apply in a heavy, waxy envelope with a set APR (14%). This is the first Invitation I have gotten from them so I was wary about using another HP on it as I had applied months before and was denied.

The second interesting thing is that the Invitation was also in my Find Which Card results, so I thought that was a good sign.

The third thing, is that since Discover seems to like thin files and students I checked the box that said Grad Student and filled in which university I am at and it also asked me how much I have in personal assets like CD's etc.

When I hit submit it came back in about 10 seconds and said I needed to call a number, which i took as a really good sign or a really bad sign, I was not sure,

Got a guy in Provo Utah on the phone, nice and cheerful man, who said they wanted to verify information, which was okay. The invite said I could BT but the web form did not allow it, so I aksed about that, and he took down two accounts to BT but told me a number I could call in 8 days to cancel the BT's if I wanted too, so cool. I was adding them in hopes it might bump me across any credit line that I might reach on what they would offer me.

He ran the app and it came back that on the Student card they would only give me 1K and with the BT's that line would be eaten up at 95% of the CL which would have been a bad thing. Then he asked if I would like to see what it would be if I applied as NOT A STUDENT and bingo 6k intial CL.

During this process I got a HP on TU then overnight EQ posted an HP. Funny enough my FICO EQ from myFico is 25 points lower than my TU, but my EQ Fico from EQ is 35 points higher than the myFico score.

now I have to find out the CLI policy on Discover cards. I have to wait until the card arrives to set up the web account, by then I will figure out if I can hit the love button right away, who knows I might squeak out another 1 or 2k on this new CL.

#55 breeze

breeze

Site Owners

• Admin
  • 53,147 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:45 AM

There's a whole thread here on Discover CLIs. :)

#56 mikenola

mikenola
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:50 PM

Breeze, thanks for the reply. I am trying to read through it, but have hit another patch of rambling crap spewing. Will keep reading but I cannot spend another day digging through feces for a possible bit of gold. If I wanted that I would be over on some of the MF threads.

thanks again

#57 breeze

breeze

Site Owners

• Admin
  • 53,147 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:38 PM

Breeze, thanks for the reply. I am trying to read through it, but have hit another patch of rambling crap spewing. Will keep reading but I cannot spend another day digging through feces for a possible bit of gold. If I wanted that I would be over on some of the MF threads.

thanks again

Yes, sorry for that. I think we've taken care of the issue. I'll see if I can clean that thread up some. Thanks for pointing it out from another POV.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.