One of my key negative score factors is a short AAOA of 4 years. This is something I am trying to improve, which I know short of waiting there isn't much I can do. However, I do have one account, an auto loan that was originated then cancelled the following day due to the vehicle having a serious defect. I'm wondering if this loan, which if from my local credit union, which is reporting as being opened and closed in the same month is impacting my AAOA significantly. It's a positive account, and is reporting as paid.
Since my AAOA sits at exactly 4 years, should I press the credit union to remove the TL? They are very strict about reporting accurate information to the bureaus, and I normally wouldn't even consider removing a positive TL, even one that's been opened for 1 day. I think removing this one account would help, but want to be sure before I do anything. My Fico 8's range in the upper-720s - mid 730's across all 3 bureaus, util is at 10%, and the only derogs are 4 - 30 day lates on Ocwen from 2015 now which is now closed. I don't want to expend the time and effort unless it will make a difference.
What course of action should I take?
For those wondering, here's the story...
Last August (2017) I purchased a used F-250 pickup from a local Ford dealer, financed through my local credit union. I closed on the loan on a Thursday, picked up the check, and went to the dealers to pick up the truck. I returned the truck the next day due to a massive electrical/computer problem. The truck was fine on the test drive, and was fine on the first 20 minutes driving it home, but then the multiple systems failure warnings started appearing on the console. The dealer was outstanding in how they handled it (which is rare). They knew we were going on a 9 day vacation starting on that Saturday and really bent over backwards to help. When I brought the truck back the next morning (Friday), they immediately pulled a tech from another job to diagnose it. A couple hours later they determined it would take a week or more to get the parts to fix and offered to cancel the deal, which I accepted. They also offered me a brand new (albeit less-equipped) F-250 pickup from the lot, extended friends & family pricing, and even offered to prep and deliver it while I waited that day. I accepted this too. I contacted my credit union who also went out of their way to make sure the paperwork was rushed through so I was able to take delivery. They did mention a new loan would have to be written, but to have the dealer cash the check (which they had not) since the loan amount was not changing. I suspect this is the reason why the one account is reporting.