Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• We're done with the posts turning political, guys.  
  • Starting immediately, any post that turns political will be immediately closed and the poster who interjected politics will be warned.  
  • ​It is our interpretation that deems it political.  We will not entertain discussion about your intentions.  
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Why Are Credit Card Numbers on the Back Now?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 shifter

shifter

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper V <3

• Members
  • 13,414 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:36 PM

http://amp.slate.com...e-card-now.html

Call me old fashioned but I prefer the old raised numbers... And pressed tin license plates instead of the lame printed aluminum crap.

#2 ukaserex

ukaserex
  • Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:45 PM

I like it. I can place the card on the table - and my signature, and all the pertinent numbers are face down. 

#3 Occam

Occam

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper

• Members
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:18 PM

Because you can fit 25% more of them into the same sock drawer.

Or 67% more if you like to organize them all facing the same way!

#4 DigDeep

DigDeep
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:21 AM

Hahaha!

#5 nooneimportant

nooneimportant
  • Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:31 AM

If I had more free time I'd check your math to see if you made up these numbers.

#6 Moriarty

Moriarty
  • Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:28 PM

I'm getting used to the everything on the back.

It's weird, but, change is inevitable.

#7 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 23,709 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:17 AM

http://amp.slate.com...e-card-now.html

Call me old fashioned but I prefer the old raised numbers... And pressed tin license plates instead of the lame printed aluminum crap.

so the person behind you in line can't take a photo of your card with his cell phone to get the #'s

#8 insolent1

insolent1
  • Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:38 AM

Still have one of these?
knuckle-buster.jpg

#9 get.randy

get.randy
  • Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:39 AM

I like my Amex Plat. I wish they would do the same with the rest of their cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 Burgerwars

Burgerwars
  • Members
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:05 AM

Still have one of these?
knuckle-buster.jpg

I bought one of those at a garage sale. I don't know why. It collects dust in a closet.

I like credit cards that are printed vertically. They look good in ID card holders.

#11 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 23,709 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:42 AM

Still have one of these?
knuckle-buster.jpg

I bought one of those at a garage sale. I don't know why. It collects dust in a closet.

I like credit cards that are printed vertically. They look good in ID card holders.

Was @ some carwash years ago, and the cashier pulled one of these out stating that the electronic reader/ internet was down and was going to run my card on it. 

I pointed out that it was against Fed law to use these - receipts with full CC #'s , and ID theft issues

she hadn't a clue. or was surprised that I did. 

Gave her subprime cash instead 

#12 IvyMgmt

IvyMgmt
  • Members
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:52 AM

Still have one of these?
knuckle-buster.jpg

I hope you aren’t using it for business big fines if you are.

#13 DigDeep

DigDeep
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:26 PM

Still have one of these?
knuckle-buster.jpg

I hope you aren’t using it for business big fines if you are.

#14 Burgerwars

Burgerwars
  • Members
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:15 PM

Still have one of these?
knuckle-buster.jpg

Was @ some carwash years ago, and the cashier pulled one of these out stating that the electronic reader/ internet was down and was going to run my card on it. 

I pointed out that it was against Fed law to use these - receipts with full CC #'s , and ID theft issues

she hadn't a clue. or was surprised that I did. 

Gave her subprime cash instead 

I had a plumber come by about a year ago. He didn't have an imprinter but the paper with carbons. He took my credit card and made a manual imprint by rubbing the side of a pencil to make it. No electronic approving. I guess he did that when he got back to the office.

#15 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Bloggers
  • 32,431 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:10 PM

I paid for a cab ride in Detroit last week with my C$R.

The driver hand-wrote the charge onto a paper charge slip, and the charge appeared in the correct amount the following day.

#16 IndyPoolPlayer

IndyPoolPlayer
  • Members
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:48 PM

I had a plumber come by about a year ago. He didn't have an imprinter but the paper with carbons. He took my credit card and made a manual imprint by rubbing the side of a pencil to make it. No electronic approving. I guess he did that when he got back to the office.

Most trades I have come to the house now use something like Square to process credit cards. One told me before his boss bought into Square they used to have the trades people take pictures of credit cards with cell phones, text them to the main office where the dispatcher/billing clerk had a cell phone, the clerk would run the card then call the tradesman back with an approval.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.