Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• We're done with the posts turning political, guys.  
  • Starting immediately, any post that turns political will be immediately closed and the poster who interjected politics will be warned.  
  • ​It is our interpretation that deems it political.  We will not entertain discussion about your intentions.  
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

• Please log in to reply
8956 replies to this topic

#8876 mec

mec
  • Members
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:46 PM

This Elysian Immortal IPA is a hair skunky.

#8877 IndyPoolPlayer

IndyPoolPlayer
  • Members
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:06 PM

AoTD: Sales Rep bugs me for weeks to get an appointment to do a conference call. I finally said "OK". Agreed upon a time and accepted the meeting invite. Called into conference call - nobody there. Finally did the ol' college class rule - 15 minutes and if nobody shows up, go home. Or in this case - hang up.

#8878 Konrad2012

Konrad2012

Bang Influence

• Members
  • 14,008 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:32 PM

This Elysian Immortal IPA is a hair skunky.

Elysian Immortal is good.  Elysian Space Dust is better.  Fremont Lush is my favorite at the moment.

#8879 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Bloggers
  • 32,491 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:15 PM

AoTD: Sales Rep bugs me for weeks to get an appointment to do a conference call. I finally said "OK". Agreed upon a time and accepted the meeting invite. Called into conference call - nobody there. Finally did the ol' college class rule - 15 minutes and if nobody shows up, go home. Or in this case - hang up.

7 minutes.

#8880 pwd847

pwd847

No Congrats Necessary

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:58 PM

When us co-ops go out to lunch on fridays, we have a 7 minute rule.  I came up with this rule because the other 2 clowns were willing to sit around and wait 20 mins for the 4th guy.

Not on my watch.

#8881 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Bloggers
  • 32,491 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:19 PM

Water heater just gave up. :(

#8882 Kat58

Kat58

CB Detective

• Members
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:05 PM

Did you check the breaker?

https://www.waterhea...r-installation/

#8883 Pam

Pam

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 12,712 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:15 PM

Time for a tankless.

#8884 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Bloggers
  • 32,491 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:22 AM

Did you check the breaker?

It was leaking was everywhere.

#8885 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Bloggers
  • 32,491 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:05 AM

Time for a tankless.

No.

#8886 Pam

Pam

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 12,712 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:13 AM

Time for a tankless.

No.

Why?

#8887 clutchcargo

clutchcargo

CB Hitman

• Members
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:25 AM

At least you didn't call it a hot water heater...

"Hot water doesn't need heating!"

RIP George Carlin.

#8888 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Bloggers
  • 32,491 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:30 AM

Time for a tankless.

No.

Why?

More expensive.  Less hot water output.  Lag time.  

My parents' house (built in 2013) has tankless and they absolutely hate it.  If you want to wash as sinkful of dishes after dinner you need to start running the water during the salad course.

#8889 Pam

Pam

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 12,712 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:44 AM

Interesting.  We have a tankless and my experience is exactly the opposite.  Hot water to the kitchen sink takes ~15 seconds.  Hot water output is the same plus it lasts forever.  It was more expensive to install, but my gas and electric bills went down so over the course of 4 years it's probably been a wash  - pun intended.

#8890 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Bloggers
  • 32,491 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:04 AM

Interesting.  We have a tankless and my experience is exactly the opposite.  Hot water to the kitchen sink takes ~15 seconds.  Hot water output is the same plus it lasts forever.  It was more expensive to install, but my gas and electric bills went down so over the course of 4 years it's probably been a wash  - pun intended.

We're selling this place in the next 0-2 years, so there is zero chance I'd ever recoup the extra cost.

#8891 IndyPoolPlayer

IndyPoolPlayer
  • Members
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:36 PM

Time for a tankless.

No.

Why?

My parents' house (built in 2013) has tankless and they absolutely hate it.  If you want to wash as sinkful of dishes after dinner you need to start running the water during the salad course.

Depends on whether its electric or gas. If its electric I would agree with the above. Its the nature of electric to take longer to heat up things. I've seen gas tankless ones in action (a Rinnai to be precise) and they do as Pam said.

#8892 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Bloggers
  • 32,491 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:09 PM

The new one is gray. I like the color better than the old beige one.

Edited by cv91915, 22 April 2018 - 08:10 PM.

#8893 Kat58

Kat58

CB Detective

• Members
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:31 PM

Yea!!!

What brand?

#8894 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Bloggers
  • 32,491 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:33 PM

Yea!!!

What brand?

Rheem

#8895 Pam

Pam

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 12,712 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:59 PM

Time for a tankless.

No.

Why?

Depends on whether its electric or gas. If its electric I would agree with the above. Its the nature of electric to take longer to heat up things. I've seen gas tankless ones in action (a Rinnai to be precise) and they do as Pam said.

yep, mine is gas, so that makes sense.

#8896 IndyPoolPlayer

IndyPoolPlayer
  • Members
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:29 PM

Getting annoyed at my shower. More specifically the shower fixtures. It's a stall type, and I have a slightly better than the mid-range style Delta valve and head installed. Yet, 1. I have to have it all the way on hot in order to get lukewarm water 2. At full flow its like an old man with prostate problems. Found on my new sink faucets I just installed there's flow restrictors in there mandated by the Big G. Guessing there's one installed on the shower also.

I hate restrictor plates.

#8897 TheVig

TheVig
  • Members
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:08 PM

I have great water pressure coming into my apartment. Couple that with my old school non restricted shower head, and it's like riot control with fire hoses. Hope that comment doesn't trigger anyone.

#8898 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Bloggers
  • 32,491 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:24 PM

Getting annoyed at my shower. More specifically the shower fixtures. It's a stall type, and I have a slightly better than the mid-range style Delta valve and head installed. Yet, 1. I have to have it all the way on hot in order to get lukewarm water 2. At full flow its like an old man with prostate problems. Found on my new sink faucets I just installed there's flow restrictors in there mandated by the Big G. Guessing there's one installed on the shower also.

I was never happy with the water pressure in the master bath shower in our California home until I bought a new shower head from this place AND took out the water restrictor inside.

https://www.highpres...showerheads.com

It's still not exactly as powerful as I wish it was, but it's much, much better.

Edited by cv91915, 23 April 2018 - 05:33 PM.

#8899 Kat58

Kat58

CB Detective

• Members
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:32 PM

I have great water pressure coming into my apartment. Couple that with my old school non restricted shower head, and it's like riot control with fire hoses. Hope that comment doesn't trigger anyone.

I have one of those too, from when I lived in an apartment ~1995. The maintenance man had swapped it out for the water-saver type and threw the old one in my bathroom trashcan. I fished it out and have taken it with me everywhere I've lived. Always on the top of my list of things to pack. It's still working, with the help of some Teflon tape.

#8900 Pam

Pam

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 12,712 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:44 PM

I was never happy with the water pressure in the master bath shower in our California home until I bought a new shower head from this place AND took out the water restrictor inside.

https://www.highpres...showerheads.com

It's still not exactly as powerful as I wish it was, but it's much, much better.

I don't know if that's the same one I have, but yes I bought a showerhead that i could take the restrictor out of, and it's made my life a lot better, shower-wise.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.