Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

**BIZ CREDIT** Business Credit Building... The Mother Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
965 replies to this topic

#951 vixenmartine

vixenmartine
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 01:16 AM

I live in NYS. Should I incorporate here or are there better states to incorporate in and if so where? Can I get vendor accounts without being incorporated yet? I have a financial consulting business. What structure should I use? I am the only employee. Thanks in advance.

#952 nativesuntravel

nativesuntravel
  • Members
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:36 PM

Hi, Vixen!! I am also in NYS. I chose to inc in Nevada, but that might not be for everybody. There are some other states that are very friendly to businesses, but unfortunately, NY isn't really one of them. I'm sure that someone will be along to chime in with some other suggestions. You might try talking to someone at a college law clinic about this. Their services are usually free. In my area, many accountants will give you a free consultation.

#953 thundr101

thundr101
  • Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:01 AM

Hi, Vixen!! I am also in NYS. I chose to inc in Nevada, but that might not be for everybody. There are some other states that are very friendly to businesses, but unfortunately, NY isn't really one of them. I'm sure that someone will be along to chime in with some other suggestions. You might try talking to someone at a college law clinic about this. Their services are usually free. In my area, many accountants will give you a free consultation.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just incorporated in Nevada.... I Incorporated as an "S" Corp... the CPA that I spoke with said that it would be a better 'Tax' route to go with an "S" Corp rather than a C Corp or an LLC.

I live in Texas... and thankfully only had to pay $205.00 for the filing fees and license in Nevada. Texas would have royally wasted me on filing fees :cry2:

#954 creditseeker2005

creditseeker2005
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 03:26 PM

I have been reading this thread but have a few questions that effect my particular situation.

Any suggestions on reputable attorneys or accountants with expereience setting up multiple corporations?

I am starting two totally different types of businesses and want to keep them seperate.

I was thinking of setting up one main corp and then having sub corps or llc's under it for each business.

Not really sure though.

Any help would be appreciated.

#955 Deaf CEO

Deaf CEO
  • Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:37 PM

Hi I am new to the board after beening in lurker mode for a while.

On the matter of incorporating. It is best to incorporate in the state that you live in.

I was told by my CPA that if i incorporate in Deleware but I do my business in Georiga then I am opening myself to being double taxed by both Deleware and Georiga.

However, I wish I live in Florida because they dont have a state income tax only federal tax!!!

If I am wrong please let me know.......

#956 Skipper12

Skipper12
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 04:46 PM

Hi I am new to the board after beening in lurker mode for a while.

On the matter of incorporating. It is best to incorporate in the state that you live in.

I was told by my CPA that if i incorporate in Deleware but I do my business in Georiga then I am opening myself to being double taxed by both Deleware and Georiga.

However, I wish I live in Florida because they dont have a state income tax only federal tax!!!

If I am wrong please let me know.......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Deaf CEO,

Florida doesn't have a personal income tax, but does have business tax returns that are required. It all depends on how the business is setup.

Here's some info from the Florida Dept of Revenue
:http://www.myflorida.com/dor/taxes/corporate.html

Take care,
Skipper

#957 JKDMed

JKDMed
  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 03:15 PM

Just started applying today.

Company is about 2 months old and is a LLC. I'll update as I get more.

Dell $5,000

#958 pwelborn

pwelborn
  • Spammer
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:11 PM

Concerning phone lines. I have a NM LLC and of course live in another state. My Registered agent said get an 800# that rang through to my cell phone. He had no solution on how to do so. So tell me how to rig this on a budget.

#959 pwelborn

pwelborn
  • Spammer
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:16 PM

Somebody tell me how to get a phone out of state to ring through to a cell "cheap"

#960 barbados

barbados
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:44 AM

Somebody tell me how to get a phone out of state to ring through to a cell "cheap"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Vonage - http://www.vonage.com

Set up a remote number in whatever city they support, then call forward that number to your cell phone.

:-)

It might not be the absolute cheapest route, but it's quick and efficient - you could have a number up and running in less than an hour.

#961 Peekaboo

Peekaboo
  • Members
  • 5,494 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 09:05 PM

I can't believe I read the whole thing!
*burp*
:angel:
:)

#962 pwelborn

pwelborn
  • Spammer
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 09:25 PM

For # 20 about aged LLC's. Unless you have legal problems and need to say "my assets were in the corporation before it all happened" there is no need for an aged one I think. Have you been asked how long you are in business on an application? Not me!

#963 pwelborn

pwelborn
  • Spammer
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 12:48 AM

C Corps gett double taxed once on the profit and again on any disbursement of funds (dividends)

#964 pwelborn

pwelborn
  • Spammer
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:18 AM

Hello Gromit and others, saw your comment concerning checking accounts. My guy told me how that he does this with no pg . Here we go when you go to the bank when you are asked what type of account you want you tell them it is an unincorporated association or trust. If you have an LLC just leave that off and put the name. Now every account needs a person for the signature card. That is who signs. It is not a guarantor. You put your name and to the side put "agent" "Authorized Representative" some title to keep you at arms length of the corp. you don't want to be associated with it.

#965 pwelborn

pwelborn
  • Spammer
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:36 AM

:aggressive: I think I might have a back door to office depot credit. Did you know they own Viking office supplies ! They are easy !

#966 breeze

breeze

Site Owners

• Admin
  • 53,537 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:24 PM

Since people keep posting their questions at the end of this thread, I am closing it to further posting. Please post your questions and comments on the business credit main forum.

http://creditboards....hp?showforum=27

just click on the blue button with white writing that says "new topic", upper right of the page, just above the blue band. Thanks :aggressive:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.