making a payment
entering a payment plan
making an agreement to pay
making a charge on the account
If the clock on the statute of limitations restarts, it starts back at zero. This gives the creditor or collector more time to use the court to force you to pay the debt.
Chexsystems is a credit reporting agency where banks and credit unions report negative activity from checking and savings accounts. Types of activity that may be reported to ChexSystems include:
- Having your account closed involuntarily by the financial institution.
- Bouncing checks. Financial institutions will typically only report people who fail to pay the non-sufficient fund fees and/or bounce checks habitually, not those that do it once by mistake but some banks do
- Overdrawing your account. Being in the red a day or two before depositing funds will not generally get you reported to ChexSystems, but if you fail to add money after a reasonable period of time or you repeatedly overdraw, the chances are good that you will be reported.Some banks report every NSF
- Committing an act of fraud, such as altering checks or providing false information about your identity.
- Applying for a checking account, ordering checks, or reporting a check or debit card lost or stolen. Most of the time, these activities are perfectly legitimate and will not be held against you, but they can be a sign of fraudulent activity, which is why financial institutions may report them to ChexSystems. Some check ordering companies will report every check order.. it is important that once you open an account that you keep your information private and only order checks from a safe company
-Chexsystems only contains negative information. This jeopardizes your reputation as a consumer, when you would otherwise be qualified to open checking accounts.
Many people believe if they pay any debt owed to a reporting bank, that they will then be removed from chexsystems but this is not true.
Below are the best options for those reported to chexsystems! I call this list the best due to the fact it has worked for most people. If you live in an area where the following accounts are available to you, they would be my first suggestion for you to try. If not then I would then suggest you check out the Nationwide list or the listings by states (also below) REMEMBER: A SECOND CHANCE ACCOUNT MAY NOT ALWAYS APPROVE YOU.. MANY TIMES IT WILL DEPEND ON THE SEVERITY OR THE REPORT, IF FRAUD IS INDICATED OR NOT AND SOMETIMES A CREDIT REPORT AND OR SCORE.
If you find a bank or credit union listed below that you feel should be removed from the list or know of one that can be ADDED to the list, feel free to email me personally at email@example.com
Thanks and good Luck,
Locations in the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia
All deposits are available immediately
ALSO! Phone and Online banking are immediate overnight and they're open 7 days!
Locations in the states of: Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia
You MUST apply online .. they will approve those reported to Chexsystems, Telecheck or EWS for personal and business accounts as long as there is no money owed to Renasant Bank. This has been a GREAT bank to those that live locally to them in the states listed above. Some have reported that they have went to a branch and opened an account even though they live out of state but close enough.
1st Convenience Bank
Locations in the states of: New Mexico, Texas, and Arizona
They do not run Chexsystems, Telecheck, or EWS. This bank has been a favorite of those local to it. No one is turned down.
Bank With United
Locations in the states of: Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington D.C.
I have called many many locations in several different states and they are indicating to me that they do NOT use chexsystems and they do not run a credit report at all. I was not buying it at first so I kept calling more and more locations and I finally talked to a manager that told me how they were using chexsystems in the past but they no longer do. All you need is:
-something that reflect a current address if ID is not correct
Most US banks “in store” branches are giving accounts to most people on chexsystems. These are regular accounts, not 2nd chance checking...as long as you do NOT owe US Bank money and you are not reported on your chexsystems report for any kind of fraudulent activity.
There are some branches that are still not using this policy so it might be a good idea to call a branch local to you and ask about their policy first before going in. This account is especially popular for people who live in California where options are so limited.
I actually called the 1800 number and they told me that as long as you don't owe TCF any money, anybody can open an account. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ACCOUNT IF YOU HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO EWS, THE ACCOUNT MAY BE OPENED BUT WILL LATER BE CLOSED
Second chance checking account called Easy Checking. $25 minimum opening deposit required
There is a monthly Service Charge of $13.95
Do not apply for this account if you have a report on EWS
With the “Foundation Checking” account, you have to pay $7 per month and an extra $2 per month if you want paper statements. If you stick with their new account for six months without overdrawing or misbehaving.
I hope the above information helps. These are the best options if they are available to you. Below are the lists by states. Remember, a second chance account does not always mean you can for sure get an account. Sometimes they will look at the severity of the report, if fraud is indicated and sometimes they will also run a credit and look at your report and or score.
Nationwide Banks -regardless of where you live
The following banks are considered Nationwide Banks because those that have been reported to Chexsystems, Early Warning Services, or Telecheck can still get an account at these banks regardless of where you live.
GoBank - anyone can get an account regardless of where you live or chexsystems.
People's Cash Solutions
Have you ever been denied a checking or savings account due to bad credit or past problems with ChexSystems and TeleCheck? The Peoples Cash Solutions Second Chance Checking Account is the answer for you! Peoples Cash Solutions and Peoples Bank will open a real FDIC insured Second Chance Checking Account for you even if you have bad credit or have been reported to ChexSystems or TeleCheck in the past (except where fraudulent activity has been reported). A Second Chance Checking Account erases the inconvenience of not having a checking account and/or being forced to use fee-intensive alternatives. Anyone can get an account regardless of where you live.
Washington Savings Bank -anyone can get an account here regardless of where you live.
- Direct Deposit from payroll or government benefit is required for this account.
- NO overdraft fees!
- NO harsh CheckSystems® requirements! (Less stringent requirements)
- NO ATM fees, free nationwide ATM access through the Allpoint® 55,000 ATMs Network!
- NO minimum balance!
- NO deposit fees!
- NO withdrawal fees!
- Deposit Money through direct deposit, mobile check deposit or mail!
- FREE Mastercard® debit card! Even order a Designer debit card!
- FREE direct deposit!
- FREE online banking & bill pay with online budget tools!
- FREE mobile banking!
- FREE mobile deposit! (only available with direct deposit and after 3 months, see FAQs tab)
- FREE estatements! (required for this account)
- FREE Popmoney® service that allows person to person payments!
- FREE customer support via email
- One low flat monthly fee of only $9.95 with direct deposit of government benefit or payroll. Direct Deposit is required.
- Unlimited debit card cash rewards paid monthly to help you offset or eliminate your monthly fee!
- Free email support and 1st month real time support. Real-time support (branch or call center) plan available for an additional $4.95 per month.
- Discount order of starter checks (if desired)
go to Banks A-L https://creditboards...04675&p=5694047
go to Banks M-W https://creditboards...04676&p=5694048
Edited by mca, 17 November 2017 - 09:09 PM.