Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Sams Mastercard

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 tbea1004

tbea1004
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:58 PM

How many trades are needed to get approved for Sams MC?

#2 BRBiz

BRBiz
  • Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

Really no good answer for that. You could have 10 $50 trades and you probably won't get approved.

You could have 2 $10k trades and get approved.

Less trades/highs if you have a long business history, more trades/highs if a newer business.

#3 tbea1004

tbea1004
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:00 PM

thanks for the info....

#4 wiseoldram

wiseoldram
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:38 AM

I just received this card myself. I only have 3 trades reporting, all show 1 $100 payment experience. Sam's approved me instantly no pg for 11k. I have been a Sam's member for 6+ years, not sure if they consider that at all. Also was approved for Newegg 8k no pg the same day

#5 BRBiz

BRBiz
  • Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:57 AM

I just received this card myself. I only have 3 trades reporting, all show 1 $100 payment experience. Sam's approved me instantly no pg for 11k. I have been a Sam's member for 6+ years, not sure if they consider that at all. Also was approved for Newegg 8k no pg the same day

How old is your business?

#6 perryswoman

perryswoman
  • Members
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 11:20 AM

I'm curious to know too

#7 wiseoldram

wiseoldram
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

Opened September 2015

#8 wiseoldram

wiseoldram
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

Also fyi, it's a management consulting business. Not sure if the SIC code plays a role

#9 Wealthman1

Wealthman1
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:47 AM

I pg for this account and got approved for the business card but it reports under my personal credit the card says Sams business.

Can I correct this?

#10 banditone

banditone
  • Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:42 AM

Can you apply online?

#11 wiseoldram

wiseoldram
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:08 PM

I applied in store, but would assume there an online app

#12 nysbadmk8

nysbadmk8

Lucky S*

• Members
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

Who does Sams club pull from?  DNB/EQ/EX

I pg for this account and got approved for the business card but it reports under my personal credit the card says Sams business.

Can I correct this?

Doubtful. 

#13 BRBiz

BRBiz
  • Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:57 PM

Opened September 2015

I'm surprised to hear of approval with such a young company and so little credit.

Did you PG by accident? They have been known to submit with a PG even when you don't want to PG.

#14 perryswoman

perryswoman
  • Members
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

I think he did pg he said above it reported to personal credit. I guess that answers it for us

#15 wiseoldram

wiseoldram
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:06 PM

I was surprised myself. I planned to apply for Sam's and Newegg around the same time as that seemed to be the next tier based on my vendor accounts at the time. I was in Sam's making a purchase and tried just to know. I haven't called Synchrony to verify the non pg, but I told the rep that I specifically did not want pg and "X"ed out that section on the app. I told her my intention was only to build business credit. She made the comment "well sometimes it takes longer to get an answer without a pg" to which I told her I'd be happy to wait. Approved in seconds

#16 BRBiz

BRBiz
  • Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:06 PM

I was referring to Wiseoldram's post, he mentioned he didn't PG but honestly I have never seen any get approved with so little credit and under a 2 year old company. Could also be a fluke.

#17 wiseoldram

wiseoldram
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:07 PM

That was not me. This does not show on my personal credit report

#18 BRBiz

BRBiz
  • Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:43 PM

That was not me. This does not show on my personal credit report

I know. I was referencing back for Perrywomen.

People have had issues in the past with the people in sams club submitting the app with PG.

#19 Alex00

Alex00
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:59 PM

Come on..... 2yrs in Business, 3 trades, 11k approval that don't sound right at all for no PG.. I have triple your trades and know I'll get denied! Please find out if it's actually a no PG or 6plus membership? Then let us know! Thank you.

#20 perryswoman

perryswoman
  • Members
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:00 PM

Oops sorry my bad. Yes they did that to us a few years back and submitted with pg and hubby did not want to pg

#21 wiseoldram

wiseoldram
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:21 AM

I just called to verify. $11k limit, $2200 available as cash advance, usable anywhere that accepts MasterCard (not just Sam's), no personal guarantee on the account.  By all means, I didn't expect to get approved for this card at this point in my credit building efforts. It may have been a fluke, but I also applied for Newegg and got approved for 8k with no pg about 2 hours later. 

Also, the 3 trades @ $100 each was through DNB iUpdate.  I don't pay for any EQ, EX, or DNB reports so I don't really know any deeper details about what is reporting elsewhere. I do have a business bank account for this business with a decent balance. From what I've read, that would only be looked at on the SBFE. Unsure if that helped my approval here, but I surely have the credit!

#22 TA8088

TA8088
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:39 PM

Come on..... 2yrs in Business, 3 trades, 11k approval that don't sound right at all for no PG.. I have triple your trades and know I'll get denied! Please find out if it's actually a no PG or 6plus membership? Then let us know! Thank you.

Certainly possible. I LLC'd in Sept 2015 and only had four or five trades including a 5k net 55 Amazon and was approved for 10k Sam's MC with no PG. I had applied just hoping to get a no PG PLCC and wasn't expecting the MC and 10k at that. I was just recently able to CLI it to 20k about a month ago. 

#23 wiseoldram

wiseoldram
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

We have the Amazon net 55 account in common. I had that account open and active for about 3 months prior to applying. Maybe that's a golden ticket for getting the Sam's MasterCard approval?

#24 BRBiz

BRBiz
  • Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:32 PM

Other sync accounts help. But again it unusual but then again no one for sure knows what they use to create a internal score for businesses.

#25 m55

m55
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:02 PM

website has only pg application for master card ? would there be some place else online to apply without pg ?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.