Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Chexsystems and EWS: What Defines Account Abuse?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:01 AM

As I've often posted, banks will often report accountholders for "abuse" or "fraud", when there was no intentional abuse or actual fraud. There is no clear FCRA or FTC definition of abuse or fraud, and financial institutions have a lot of lattitude in sending information to Chexsystems and Early Warning Services.

It is so important to monitor accounts, communicate and work with the bank when overdrafts or return items occur. I've found maintaining a good relationship with branch managers (where you opened the account) is also helpful.

Good Read From Bankrate: http://www.bankrate....ount-abuse.aspx

Edited by tmcgill, 21 October 2016 - 09:05 AM.

#2 Fred030

Fred030
  • Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 05:58 PM

Thank you for sharing, tmcgill!

#3 800credit

800credit
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:05 PM

I recently got my EWS report and it shows 2 accounts that were closed by the Banks.

BOA checking account that was closed on 06/29/16 "Closed for Cause-Purged"

Chase checking account closed 03/18/15  "Closed for Cause-Purged"

I am looking to apply for a Navy Federal Credit Union checking account soon, does anyone know if this will affect my approval?

#4 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:20 AM

Possibly, because your entries are under 36 months old.

It has been reported they pull Transunion and EWS, but may ignore older entries.

#5 800credit

800credit
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:12 PM

Thanks for the feedback @tmcgill to add I dont all them any money. I believe they closed the accounts due to being overdrafted too many times. I paid back any funds owed, so it does not say I have a charge of or owe them any funds.

#6 800credit

800credit
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:10 PM

*Update*

I went to a local branch and applied for membership last week with NFCU . Last night I received a membership welcome letter. :dance:

Edited by 800credit, 07 December 2016 - 05:11 PM.

#7 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:35 PM

Great!
Note: Lots of great info in the Credit forum about NFCU.

Edited by tmcgill, 07 December 2016 - 10:36 PM.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.