Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Will my collections account show as "paid" if I enter installment agreement?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CappyJack

CappyJack
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:28 PM

I have a medical collections on my credit report. If I make an installment agreement with the collection agency will it show up as "paid" on my credit report? Or something else? 

#2 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 26,695 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:59 PM

It depends on the age of the account and if the reporting CA obtained it directly from the OC health care provider or not.

AT BEST you will get it reported eventually as a paid collection, which is worse for your score than an unpaid one because while it is still a derogatory entry it will be NEWER since it will be dated the date you eventually pay it off.

At worst, it will report the balance due after you enter into a new agreement and  will update on your reports as a new collection

If you want to get it off your reports follow the guides:

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/G...AA PROGRAM.html

Send each CRA where this (or ANY medical account is reporting) this:

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

Did you have any insurance when you incurred this medical debt?? If so, do you have your EOMBs ( explanation of medical benefits) from your insurance Co.??

If the account is over 2 years old the reporting CA is most likely a JDB ( junk debt buyer) who has no authority to collect or report.

#3 CappyJack

CappyJack
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

Thanks for the advice. This is a collections account that just showed up so resetting the time isn't a big deal. Is there any advantage to paying it?

This account is for my wife, am I still going to be able to follow those guides?

We had insurance and should have EOMBs.

#4 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 26,695 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:17 PM

Get your EOMBs- make sure the amount claimed is accurate-- look for what was BILLED, what was ALLOWED, what was PAID and what ( if anything) is the balance due from the patient.

If you find that the amount claimed is accurate, you can pay the health care provider directly with the HIPAA letter insert "a"  AFTER you have opted out and sent the initial dispute letter to the CRAs and received a response from the reporting CA AS A RESULT OF THE INITIAL DISPUTE LETTER. This would be confirmation that the reporting CA has a VALID assignment of the account directly from the OC. ( Sometimes CAs get "left over" data dumps from data miners that include the difference between what was billed and what was allowed-- that would be illegal balance billing)

#5 CappyJack

CappyJack
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

Great. Thanks.

For the opting out and everything, do I have to do that? Or does my wife since it was her account?

#6 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 26,695 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

Great. Thanks.

For the opting out and everything, do I have to do that? Or does my wife since it was her account?

It would be a VERY good idea for you BOTH to opt out to help prevent future problems.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.