Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Please Help, Letter from Debt Collector Not Reporting

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BattleCPT

BattleCPT
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:54 AM

Received a letter on 3/10 dated 3/3.  At the top of the letter it lists Acct #, Client Acct #, OC Southern Emergency Group, Balance and Date of Svc. 12/27/15.

The account listed above was purchased by CASCADE CAPITAL LLC SERIES A (Current Creditor listed below).  The Current Creditor has placed the account with Phoenix Financial Services, LLC for collection.

Please remit the full balance

The above is subject to your rights to validate the above-referenced debt as follows:

This notice is from a debt collector.  This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used to collect the debt.  Unless

you notify this office within 30 days after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of this debt or any portion thereof, this office will assume this debt is valid.  If you notify this office, in writing, within 30 days from receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of this debt, or any portion thereof, this office will obtain verification of the debt or obtain a copy of a judgment and mail you a copy of such judgment or verification.  If you request of this office in writing within 30 days after receiving this notice, this office will provide you with the name and address of the original creditor, if different from the current creditor.

I don't recall ever receiving anything in the mail from CASCADE CAPITAL, only the OC, Southern Emergency Group.

I have been reading WhyChats

Opted out, no need to change address

Would I do this first?

COLLECTION AGENCY VALIDATION/DISPUTE/CEASE AND DESIST

TIA for all of your help

Edited by BattleCPT, 15 March 2017 - 03:02 AM.

#2 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 27,370 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:37 AM

Do you have your credit reports??

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

If this CA is NOT on any of your reports, send them this:

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

#3 BattleCPT

BattleCPT
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:26 PM

Thanks for your quick reply!

I have hard cy's of reports dated 10/30/16 and 11/4/16, 11/4/16  would these be okay to use for the initial letter to the CRA for one reporting on TU and one reporting on EQ or should I order new ones?

I will be sending out the letter above to the CA not reporting.

#4 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 27,370 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

Thanks for your quick reply!

I have hard cy's of reports dated 10/30/16 and 11/4/16, 11/4/16  would these be okay to use for the initial letter to the CRA for one reporting on TU and one reporting on EQ or should I order new ones?

I will be sending out the letter above to the CA not reporting.

Yes, but you may need a new credit report if you do not get a new one from the CRAs when they respond to your dispute unless they all notify you that all the accounts were deleted

#5 BattleCPT

BattleCPT
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

I have everything ready to send to the CA that is not reporting and I am a little confused.

Do I type in the tracking number on the letter and affix the original customer receipt label on the hard cy I keep for myself or do I affix that to the letter I am mailing out?

Also, being that it is not reporting I do not need to send a follow-up letter to the CRA's?  Just wait to send what response I get from the CA?

Thanks so much for all of your help!

#6 BattleCPT

BattleCPT
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:34 PM

Disregard Question #1.  I just went back and read again the instructions and got clarity. 

#7 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 27,370 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:49 PM

I have everything ready to send to the CA that is not reporting and I am a little confused.

Do I type in the tracking number on the letter Yesand affix the original customer receipt label on the hard cy I keep for myself Yesor do I affix that to the letter I am mailing out? NO

Also, being that it is not reporting I do not need to send a follow-up letter to the CRA's? Correct  Just wait to send what response I get from the CA? Yes

Thanks so much for all of your help!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.