Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

FedLoan late Payment

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 touchgirl

touchgirl
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:35 AM

I have 11 small student loans all with FedLoan.  Every month I would receive the bill via email and set up the payment for a date 1-2 weeks in the future (always before the due date).  For some reason one payment did not go through, which resulted in my account going 90 days late times the 11 accounts.  The result was a 155 point drop in my credit score.  yes, a 155 point drop.

Since that time (and before that time) I had never been late. 

I have written 2 different good faith letters (1 year apart) to FedLoan requesting they remove the late payments, explaining the above and how it was hurting my score.  Both times they have responded with "It is our duty to report correct information and this information is correct".  I also disputed it directly with the CRA's with no results.

Do you have any other suggestions?  I read somewhere that another poster had received a forebearance which covered the late payments, but my lates go back to the middle of 2015.  Should I request a forebearance? 

#2 tiggerlgh

tiggerlgh
  • Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:13 PM

How did one missed payment make you 90 days late?

Were you running 60 days late constantly then the additional late payment causes the account to go 90 days late? It's not uncommon for student loans to not to report the 30 and sometimes 60 Day lates but will when seriously delinquent at 90.

As for getting rid of them if accurate is near to impossible.

#3 touchgirl

touchgirl
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:22 AM

Were you running 60 days late constantly then the additional late payment causes the account to go 90 days late? It's not uncommon for student loans to not to report the 30 and sometimes 60 Day lates but will when seriously delinquent at 90.

I just pulled out my credit report and confirmed all three reports ONLY show 1 90 day late.  No 30 day, no 60 day, just one 90 day.

#4 tiggerlgh

tiggerlgh
  • Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:06 PM

I just pulled out my credit report and confirmed all three reports ONLY show 1 90 day late.  No 30 day, no 60 day, just one 90 day.

Yes that is what I was saying they will sometimes give you a grace period on reporting late so the early defaults don't show. Were you continually running behind? What do your statements show?

#5 bama

bama
  • Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:46 PM

That's common with Fedloan. Mine shows 90 day with no 30 or 60. And I've taken it all the way to the Ombudsmans with no luck, even thought they back dated a deferment and I have the back date in writing. They still one remove it because technically it WAS 90 days late then, even if it shouldn't be considered that way now.  Mine went out of deferment and I didn't realize it. I got a financial hardship deferment in place that COVERS those dates and still no dice. 

#6 touchgirl

touchgirl
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:21 AM

That's common with Fedloan. Mine shows 90 day with no 30 or 60. And I've taken it all the way to the Ombudsmans with no luck, even thought they back dated a deferment and I have the back date in writing. They still one remove it because technically it WAS 90 days late then, even if it shouldn't be considered that way now.  Mine went out of deferment and I didn't realize it. I got a financial hardship deferment in place that COVERS those dates and still no dice.

can you share how you got to an Ombudsman? I once again disputed it and they again sent me a form to complete. This time I stated the loans were in deferment and I pay according to the invoices they sent me, so I couldn't be late. I do believe this to be possible. Let's see what happens

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.