Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• We're done with the posts turning political, guys.  
  • Starting immediately, any post that turns political will be immediately closed and the poster who interjected politics will be warned.  
  • ​It is our interpretation that deems it political.  We will not entertain discussion about your intentions.  
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

The Dining and Food Thread

• Please log in to reply
914 replies to this topic

#901 CramItCCCAs

CramItCCCAs

Master of the Obvious

• Former Mods and Forum Leads
  • 6,618 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:41 AM

Crammy what the hell?  Fix your signature.

Fixed Ms. Pam! Missed you too LOL  :)

He appears here once a decade now, and you fuss at him?  :P

How'u are Breezy?  :wave:

#902 TheVig

TheVig
  • Members
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:30 PM

The last couple of nights I've been using GrubHub for dinner. Too lazy to leave hotel. I'm in Raleigh NC all week on business.

Sunday was steak, and Monday was Chinese. Not sure yet what tonight will be.

#903 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Bloggers
  • 32,150 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:48 PM

The last couple of nights I've been using GrubHub for dinner. Too lazy to leave hotel. I'm in Raleigh NC all week on business.

Having a steak delivered sounds risky.  How was it?

#904 TheVig

TheVig
  • Members
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:52 PM

It was spot on. They even sent a real knife and fork. No plastic.

#905 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Bloggers
  • 32,150 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:06 PM

Nice.

I have a relatively short list of food that I will have delivered. Perhaps it's time to expand my horizons.

#906 TheVig

TheVig
  • Members
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:45 PM

Nice.

I have a relatively short list of food that I will have delivered. Perhaps it's time to expand my horizons.

I look forward to the day when Red Lobsta participates with GrubHub. Imagine being the poor sap that has to deliver to some less than choice parts of town.

#907 IndyPoolPlayer

IndyPoolPlayer
  • Members
  • 4,881 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:51 PM

Nice.

I look forward to the day when Red Lobsta participates with GrubHub. Imagine being the poor sap that has to deliver to some less than choice parts of town.

Do you have a place called Steak-Out in NC?

#908 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Bloggers
  • 32,150 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:10 PM

I'm in the mood for popcorn.

#909 Krish

Krish
  • Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:00 PM

Greek yogurt with a hint of sour cream... thats my desert... yummmm...

#910 TheVig

TheVig
  • Members
  • 3,658 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:42 AM

Nice.

Do you have a place called Steak-Out in NC?

No we do not. Never heard of it. I had to look it up. Interesting.

#911 Konrad2012

Konrad2012

Bang Influence

• Members
  • 13,957 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:01 AM

I ordered some ham from The Hamery last night.  Never had it but heard good things about it.

Got some cooked ham that is 9-12 months aged.  Got some dry cured ham that is aged 18+ months like Iberian ham.  And I got some uncooked ham specifically to fry and make red eyed gravy out of the pan drippings.

http://www.thehamery.com/

I shall report back

The cooked sliced ham is great. The Tenshootoe 18 month aged ham is great. Haven't fried any of the uncooked slices yet.

Who knew there was a Tennessee Country Ham Festival every fall? The other night after some beers I discovered it and was thinking, "Man, that would be cool to go to!" Then I came to my senses.

#912 Konrad2012

Konrad2012

Bang Influence

• Members
  • 13,957 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:19 AM

I ordered a vertical slow juicer from Hurom - https://www.hurom.co...-aa-slow-juicer

25% off and 12% cashback through a portal. Used the AMEX for return protection and extended warranty.

Trying to increase my vegetable and fruit intake by about 500%.

#913 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Bloggers
  • 32,150 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:38 AM

A friend of mine is moving from San Diego to Los Angeles, but before he can slither out of town we are going to celebrate his birthday (early) at Cowboy Star.  

This was the best roasted beet salad I have ever had...  by far.

I wasn't familiar with saba until I encountered this salad.  This is a heavenly combination.

EVJFxhL.jpg

I ordered some saba for my parents, and my mom improvised a beet dish with it last weekend.  

She made a mildly spicy spread with cream cheese, finely chopped jalapeños, fresh herbs and a little salt.  They'd previously roasted some beets that my dad grew in their raised garden.  They sliced the beets and put a layer of spread between pairs of beet slices.

The drizzle of saba over the top took this dish from good to fantastic...

Edited by cv91915, Yesterday, 11:39 AM.

#914 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Bloggers
  • 32,150 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:00 PM

Costco run at lunchtime...

Four packages of six English muffins

Fresh green beans

Six packages of frozen edamame 

Package of nine boneless pork chops

#915 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Bloggers
  • 32,150 posts

Posted Today, 07:29 PM

Mothers Day plans are set.

We are having brunch at La Gran Terazza, which is a dining room operated by students in the culinary program at the University of San Diego.  

Should be fun for something different.

I just ordered Mom a Roul'Pat for a gift.  I'll see what else I can find between now and then.

Edited by cv91915, Today, 07:29 PM.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.