Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• We're done with the posts turning political, guys.  
  • Starting immediately, any post that turns political will be immediately closed and the poster who interjected politics will be warned.  
  • ​It is our interpretation that deems it political.  We will not entertain discussion about your intentions.  
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Wells Fargo account approved with entries on EWS and Chex

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PlatinumRides

PlatinumRides
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:33 PM

Just wanted to post my experience.  I have multiple entries on my Chex and EWS.  Some paid, some showing unpaid.  One of those entries on my EWS was a $300 charge off from a prior Wells Fargo checking account that was overdrawn and closed from 2016.  About 6 months ago, I went in to Wells Fargo to apply for a new account.  I was declined.  The rep said if I paid off my prior WF balance and waited a couple weeks the system should approve me.  Since I had the cash on me, i decided to pay it off in full right then and there.  

Fast forward to now, couple weeks ago I decide to go into a Wells Fargo (different branch) and apply for checking to see what happens, I wasn't expecting much.  Instantly approved for any checking account of my choice.  Received debit card instantly and made $1500 deposit.

So far so good.  It seems from everything I have researched combined with my own experience that WF will open an account if your EWS entries are at least 1 year old and if you paid any charged off overdraft amount that you owed to WF and let if update on your EWS.  They did not pull my Chex from what I can see.  My 3 bureaus were frozen, though I do hear they try to pull one of those automatically at time of checking opening to pre-qualify you for any credit products.

I am in California.

#2 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:20 AM

Thanks for posting. WF is trying to rebuild their customer base after the recent legal problems.

#3 PlatinumRides

PlatinumRides
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:45 PM

They certainly are trying yes.  Their customer service seems to have improved since a couple of years ago.  Also I just received my $200 "new customer bonus" in my account after my first direct deposit (which was actually just an electronic transfer from my CU acct.)

#4 BossDiva40

BossDiva40
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:54 AM

PlatinumRides I'm looking crazy amazed you could even do that?! Please explain more if you don't mind!

#5 PlatinumRides

PlatinumRides
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:14 PM

BossDiva40, I'd be happy to explain more, what is your question?

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.