Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• We're done with the posts turning political, guys.  
  • Starting immediately, any post that turns political will be immediately closed and the poster who interjected politics will be warned.  
  • ​It is our interpretation that deems it political.  We will not entertain discussion about your intentions.  
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Pay It Forward/Random Act of Kindness: 1 day contest, 7/2/2009

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 Pam

Pam

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 12,691 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:27 AM

Rules:

Must be member longer than one month.
today, either perform a Random Act of Kindness (RAOK) or an act of Paying It Forward.
It doesn't have to be anything grand, just make the world a slightly better place for at least one person.
Contest ends at 11:59 PST 7/2/09.

Example (RAOK): Today, I helped a man in our neighborhood catch his two dogs who had escaped and were running. I was on my way to drop DD off at camp, and noticed the dogs running, and him bolting for the car. When I got to the stop sign, the dogs were there, ready to exit the neighborhood, so I stopped the car and called them over and petted and played with them til he pulled up. It only took a minute of my time, and the man didn't have to continue chasing the dogs, and the dogs were safe.

I want to make this a weekly thing on Fridays, but tomorrow is a holiday for many of us, so I'm starting it a day early.

Winner will be chosen by me - best RAOK/Pay It Forward will receive a $25 Amazon gift certificate.

Go forth and do something positive :)

#2 mdw2006

mdw2006
  • Bloggers
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:39 AM

I did something yesterday does it count?

#3 Pam

Pam

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 12,691 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:42 AM

has to be today :dntknw:

#4 hurricanesfans27

hurricanesfans27

CB ombudsman

• Forum Leads
  • 18,492 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

what did you do stay indoors? :dntknw:

#5 mdw2006

mdw2006
  • Bloggers
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:44 AM

Cool, lets see what good I can do at noon today.

#6 iH8cra

iH8cra

Owner, Y chromosome

• Members
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:08 PM

Today I let a woman go in front of me in line. Men will understand why I wanted to be behind her, but other than that it was a 100% random act of kindness.

#7 I Need help too

I Need help too
  • Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:10 PM

I did a good thing yesterday, but will sign the lease today with tennent. So technically would that be yesterday or today. Offer was made yesterday.

#8 Tealeaf

Tealeaf
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:56 PM

well, i feel like death and look like a walking zombie but i got my butt out of bed and came in to work because i didnt want to leave my boss hanging, i think that counts :angel:

#9 DragonFlyer

DragonFlyer

Mrs. O'Leary

• Banned
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:20 PM

Today I watched my neighbor's son, who talks NONSTOP and 50 miles an hour, ALL DAY so his Mom could get a break and get some work done. :ph34r:

#10 doodlebugger

doodlebugger
  • Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:24 PM

My mom had knee replacement surgery a few weeks ago, and though I had a million things to do (housework, take dd to doctor's appt, phone calls/appointments to make, preparing for college, preparing for back to school....you get the idea), and was working off 4 hours of sleep, I went to her house and put away her laundry and dishes because it takes her all day to get it done (because she's still using a walker). I even spent a little time visiting with her because she seemed a little down.

#11 illinoisfatbottomgirl

illinoisfatbottomgirl
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

Last Friday a tornado did major damage to a co-workers house in CT. We asked if there was anything we could do but she said she had enough insurance to cover everything but appreciated the thought. I am in the midwest so it isn't like I can go help her clean up.

I knew she was going to be working at the house today so I arranged for pizza and soda to be delivered. She called to thank me and her teenage son said I was his new best friend. :(

#12 mdw2006

mdw2006
  • Bloggers
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:38 PM

what did you do stay indoors? :lol:

:rolleyes: Don't make me come there and slap you!

Hey Pam would that count if I go slap Canes?

#13 johnnyt6

johnnyt6
  • Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:39 PM

On the highway a large ladder fell off a truck and a guy driving an old Honda Accord ran over it. He was stuck and needed to reverse. I then used my vehicle to stop traffic and got out. I had him put it in reverse and I held on to the ladder. I helped a random person out of a bad situation and got a free ladder out of it.

Kindness, pass it on.

#14 mdw2006

mdw2006
  • Bloggers
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:39 PM

Great things everyone has done so far!

#15 splick

splick
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:40 PM

Today at a busy intersection an older lady's car was stalled and a bunch of jerks were honking at her while she was trying to crank her car over and it wouldn't start.

I was in the lane next to her and turned off my car and got out and pushed her through the intersections to the side of the road. Luckily there is a gas station just the other side of the intersection.

But the beautiful thing about it, and definitely the Karma gods were watching, a fire truck was at the other side of the intersection ( to our left on a 4 way stop light), They pulled over and 4 lovely firemen got out and helped to push it up the small hill into the driveway/entry of the gas station.

I am female. :rolleyes:
The little old lady was so cute and couldn't get over all the firemen paying attention to her.

We both needed to be hosed down after that :lol:

Turns out she was out of gas and was happily on her way after we figured it out.

She was a doll.

No need for a reward, seeing her be smothered with concern by the fireman and her loving it was reward enough, just thought I would share.

#16 creditcrisis

creditcrisis
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

A 96 year old friend of mine who has Post Herpetic Neuralgia (advanced shingles), which is very painful, misplaced her pain medication and was at the “end of her rope” as a result of excruciating pain in her shoulder. I searched every inch of her home for the medication with no luck. I asked her several questions in an effort to figure out where her medication could be. She finally told me after about 2 hours of searching that she threw some of her old medications in the waste basket, but she insisted that she was careful not to throw her pain medication out. I know my friend very well and knew that as soon as she said she threw some of her medications out, that she had probably thrown out the pain medication. That would not have been a problem if I hadn’t emptied her waste basket into her dumpster in the backyard earlier in the day. Also, the gardeners had come by and taken the dumpsters out to the curb for pickup tomorrow. My son and I bolted for the dumpster, dragged it back in the yard and went “dumpster diving” for my friend’s pain medication. The small bottle of pills had fallen to the bottom of the dumpster. Her pain medication is back on my friend’s kitchen counter with a note that says, “DO NOT DISCARD”!

#17 inbox

inbox
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:40 PM

Thank you for having such a kind heart and encouraging others to do good deeds. i think you should win for giving us encouragement to go out there and do good deeds!

#18 Euterpe Thelo

Euterpe Thelo
  • Members
  • 740 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:42 PM

Today I gave my friend $10 to buy vegetables at the farmer's market to help feed her family and tried to help her find an attorney to rep her in a bogus lawsuit that was filed against her.

#19 GEORGE

GEORGE
  • Members
  • 81,453 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:57 PM

Nothing real special...MRS said she wished I said I was stopping at BK for dinner

Long story short...she got some of my dinner

(A WHOPPER JR)

I assumed she would have already eaten since I didn't get off work till long after her NORMAL dinner time

#20 angeleyeskkhr

angeleyeskkhr
  • Members
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:02 AM

Has to be today? Then I guess calling the judge yesterday and getting a case reset (for a whole three weeks EARLIER) to try to get the guy out of jail so he doesn't get kicked out of school (even though he was acting like a donkey) won't count.

Um...Most of the things I did today, the people won't consider "good." :blink:

The only things I can think of today:
Calling and getting a girl put on a suicide watch in jail because of issues I was informed about.
Trying to get a person substance abuse help (though I'm still not sure where we can send the individual). But the individual will NOT be pleased with it, even with self-admitted addictions.

#21 angeleyeskkhr

angeleyeskkhr
  • Members
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:03 AM

Oh, and I thanked the ladies at another office for inviting our office to take part in their Luncheon.

#22 Pam

Pam

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 12,691 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

Winner has been chosen.

Splick, please PM with your email address so I can send your gift card.

thanks for playing!!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.