Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Navy Federal Credit Union

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:54 AM

FYI:  Uses EWS for new account approvals.

Any service or operational updates on their checking or savings accounts?

#2 Fltireguy

Fltireguy
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:04 PM

Pulls EQ for membership, does NOT use Chex

#3 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:26 AM

That is good to know. More people are reported to Chex than EWS.

#4 MaTTeR

MaTTeR
  • Members
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:30 AM

I was in with them back in 2008. Things went south for me in 2010 and I now show a CO from them on one of the VISA cards they gave me. I suspect they closed my account out long ago but I can no longer find my access number to try and log back in so I figured I'd go ahead and try a new account with them for checking/savings. Anyone think this is a bad idea? I'm a little hesitant...

#5 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:40 AM

Not sure how long they keep a blacklist for members who still owe them.  Anyone know?

#6 wingwalker

wingwalker
  • Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:54 PM

Not sure how long they keep a blacklist for members who still owe them.  Anyone know?

Forever. You can't reapply for new membership until you're all paid up. plus, no settled amounts.

#7 MaTTeR

MaTTeR
  • Members
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:47 PM

Forever. You can't reapply for new membership until you're all paid up. plus, no settled amounts.

Do they keep the debt or eventually sell it to a JDB? Thanks for the information.

#8 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:35 PM

**Bump**

#9 wingwalker

wingwalker
  • Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:54 PM

Do they keep the debt or eventually sell it to a JDB? Thanks for the information.

I think they sell it for credit products... if a deposit account is OD and closed, they keep that.

#10 maxcreditlimit

maxcreditlimit
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:23 PM

Just joined the board, dose any one know what my credit would have to look like to get a 30k loan from them? I'm at a 670 on eqifax 670 Experian 700 transunion. One instalment secured 1000 dollars. One revolving 5,000

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

#11 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:40 PM

Just joined the board, dose any one know what my credit would have to look like to get a 30k loan from them? I'm at a 670 on eqifax 670 Experian 700 transunion. One instalment secured 1000 dollars. One revolving 5,000

Repost in the main credit forum. They are several individuals who have experience with NFCU.

Edited by tmcgill, 03 October 2016 - 08:40 PM.

#12 bootsy80

bootsy80
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:55 AM

I just join Navy Federal cu and I'm on EWS. They pull Transunion. Please note I do have my Capital One 360 still as my backup.

#13 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:49 PM

Interesting . . . we had a post in the Credit Forum about a denial after an EWS pull. I've also gotten an email saying they were denied an NFCU account, and they have negatives on EWS.

Most likely, with those denials NFCU had a problem verifying their identity for some reason.

(Maybe they had Lexis - ?? frozen or some other firm associated with the pull).

Out of branch or online apps often pull from Lexis or one of the other data aggregators to verify identity. If multiple items don't match the application, that might be the basis for the denial.

Or they may have guidelines for aged items in EWS.

Example: Some banks and credit unions will ignore Chexsystems information that is older than 36 months.

Edited by tmcgill, 05 October 2016 - 01:02 PM.

#14 TelcomGuy

TelcomGuy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:42 PM

They may want to see financials for $30,000 but they are pretty liberal in terms of issuing credit. They are mostly concerned about if you owe/owed *them* first and foremost, and then the normal underwriting procedures fall into play. Also, what helps is a relationship. I was able to secure a $15K CLOC, a $1,600 Visa, and a $10,800 auto refi (all at once) with a 592 FICO because I have $1,000 worth of CDs with them, and I add money to them every week in addition to maintaining a 4 digit average daily balance.

#15 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:26 AM

They may want to see financials for $30,000 but they are pretty liberal in terms of issuing credit. They are mostly concerned about if you owe/owed *them* first and foremost, and then the normal underwriting procedures fall into play. Also, what helps is a relationship. I was able to secure a $15K CLOC, a $1,600 Visa, and a $10,800 auto refi (all at once) with a 592 FICO because I have $1,000 worth of CDs with them, and I add money to them every week in addition to maintaining a 4 digit average daily balance.

**Valuable info.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.