Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• We're done with the posts turning political, guys.  
  • Starting immediately, any post that turns political will be immediately closed and the poster who interjected politics will be warned.  
  • ​It is our interpretation that deems it political.  We will not entertain discussion about your intentions.  
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

I did it, 6 years but zero to hero.

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#26 shinto123

shinto123
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

well done

#27 agentmartin50

agentmartin50
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

Wow!! This is a true testament of hard work, perseverance, and determination!! Keep up the good work  :good:

#28 newbie14

newbie14
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

This is so encouraging. I need to get a new car and I'm hoping going the DV letter route will help me get this done quicker since most of my debt is over 7 years old.

I love stories like this.

#29 janebleu

janebleu
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

This is a great story and proof of how careful planning and persistance will lead to a healthier financial future.  Great job!!

#30 ajmgroup

ajmgroup
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

Awesome job!!!

#31 Mrrod1

Mrrod1
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

Hello all!! new to CB been a follower for awhile now. First off would like to thank all of you guys for all the info you put out there. Houston Lynne,Bobwang,Funkiehouse,cv91915,whyychat. All of you guys thank you, Now recently I took on the challenge on repairing my credit so far I opt out all my old info addresses an all.. I disputed with eq out of 3 negs got 2 removed 1 still pending ex got both negs removed on the first try..👏. Trans having a little more trouble with.. But over all my credit went up 58 pts in 2 months

#32 Mrrod1

Mrrod1
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

Hello all need some help here. I sent the CA a DV letter I sent it certified with a rr it came back verified they sent me a copy of the old bill from original creditor with the amount and my info on it. So now at a stand still not sure what to do next please help

#33 EternalDebtSlayer

EternalDebtSlayer
  • Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

Hello all!! new to CB been a follower for awhile now. First off would like to thank all of you guys for all the info you put out there. Houston Lynne,Bobwang,Funkiehouse,cv91915,whyychat. All of you guys thank you, Now recently I took on the challenge on repairing my credit so far I opt out all my old info addresses an all.. I disputed with eq out of 3 negs got 2 removed 1 still pending ex got both negs removed on the first try... Trans having a little more trouble with.. But over all my credit went up 58 pts in 2 months

Hello all need some help here. I sent the CA a DV letter I sent it certified with a rr it came back verified they sent me a copy of the old bill from original creditor with the amount and my info on it. So now at a stand still not sure what to do next please help

Posting a question in someone elses success thread from 1 1/2 years ago isn't going to get you answers.  Just saying...

You're not in the right forum and you are hijacking someone elses thread.

Start your own thread here (http://creditboards....php?showforum=2) if you want answers and want people to take you serious.

#34 DebtBeater

DebtBeater
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

Great Job - you give us newbies hope that there is a way out. Sounds like your biggest accomplishment was committing to controlling your credit and not letting it control you! 

#35 Therapist

Therapist
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:08 PM

Congrats on your progress.

#36 Getinitright22

Getinitright22
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:06 AM

Good for you.  Seems as if I am facing at least that much time to fix the mess that I have made of my credit. I am in student loan hell.   I feel sick to my stomach right now, as I look at the big mess that pulling all 3 agency reports revealed.  I am going to shut down for now and tomorrow I start searching for inaccuracies.  Wish me luck all. I have every type of baddie possible on my report. 19 in total.   

#37 drew3918

drew3918
  • Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:34 AM

CONGRATS !!!!!!   o/p  Just remember Peeps, " Rome was not built in a day " building or the repair of credit does take TIME...

#38 Nicoletraci

Nicoletraci
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:43 PM

Any hints with the beast sallie Mae aka Navient!?

#39 Anomaly3

Anomaly3
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:43 PM

Very Encouraging!!

#40 hollabolla

hollabolla
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:30 PM

congrats again! 

#41 BraveCreditChaser

BraveCreditChaser
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:08 PM

I am following your foot steps... Thank you for sharing

#42 davidwlam8

davidwlam8
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:31 PM

That is an impressive story

#43 Ifixbadcredit

Ifixbadcredit
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:17 PM

Great story

#44 brwbmcinc

brwbmcinc
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:17 PM

I want to keep this short so others know there is hope, but it is a long and slow road. This is the short version of how I ended up here, any questions let me know and I will try to chime in.

2006- Had nothing but a checking account. One bank account was closed, various CAs after me, about 10-12k in debts, lots of damage of being 18 with a credit card. (check my post history)

Late 2006- Hung out here lurking a lot, dodging people serving me, understanding the whole process of how I ended up in this spot and how to never do it again. MyFICO wouldn't even pull.. another site estimated at 550-580.

2007- Full on attack, Opt-outs, small clean up on my CRAs, found a way to open up a USAA checking/savings account, became responsible. PFD and DVL. Down to one judgement and 3-4 baddies on each. Closed my last checking account and went into my safe haven of USAA for everything, the accounts no one but me had.

2008- CRAs are now reporting almost nothing but some hard pulls and TU is showing a judgment. TU won't update my new address so I give up with them, I'll attack them later. I call this 85% done, aiming for 100% would drive me nuts.

Late 2008- Open up Hooters 300cl woohoo! and orchard secured- 500$. Charge up and pay off monthly.

Early 2009- Open up secured CapOne for 1k. Now I feel like progress is being made. I have 3 cards, 2 are secured oh well, and positive TLs are being built.

Late 2009-CRAs only show pulls for these cards, and of course TU is a judgement and wrong address, I still don't care. (I should have attacked them here, but why wake a sleeper)

Early 2010- Attack the judgment, found a lawyer, paid about 1k to toss out the 5k judgement. Worth it to me. Still shows on my TU, but I know I can remove it now when I want.

Late 2010- Walk into a dealership and take out a 20k subprime auto loan. Small, but impressive that I got it at this point. Hit USAA for a credit card about the same day, 10k limit. OMG... I am almost a new person. Auto loan, credit cards, it's so close I can taste it. All I have to do is not screw this up.

2011- Sit idle and pay down auto loan, charge and pay off cards, float a little balance on my USAA. 5 years later and I am almost there.

Late 2012- Last week. Now, all my auto loan hard pulls are off, USAA pull is off, I have a clean slate with 2-4 years of history. Yes, TU is still messed up but again, 85% here, I'll deal with them next year. However, I did a mini AoR to see where I stand. 4 attempts, at least 1 on each CRA, 4 WINS! ZOMG. Priceline VISA- 3500, AMEX GOLD, CITI AA- 5000, and USAA #2, 10k. Oh, also opened up penfed the same day. My scores via USAA show 710-721. Not the best, but I am human again. I can only imagine where I will be in two more years. And the biggest win was that AMEX, a card I was never able to get even when I had my previous lines.

Yes, it is possible, but it takes a lot of patience and waiting for those positive TLs to build. Hang in there guys, it's easy to get discouraged. Remember, start slow, attack, build those secured cards, try not to pull until you have to (every 2 years), and it will all be okay in the end. Perhaps the most important part here... do not end up back where you started! Thank you CB!

I had a Irs tax lien I got removed and several lates and my score jumped 100 points and I just got approved penfed $9500 Plat card 

#45 Prettygirl54

Prettygirl54
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:21 PM

How did you get the tax lien removed?

#46 JeffeVerde

JeffeVerde
  • Members
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:54 AM

How did you get the tax lien removed?

Google, and you'll find threads specifically addressing IRS tax liens.  It's the IRS's policy to remove tax liens once the taxes have been paid (after you file a form requesting that they remove the lien)

Edited by JeffeVerde, 31 December 2017 - 11:56 AM.

#47 FICOnspiracy

FICOnspiracy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:51 PM

Nice to see a well planned spread like this. Kudos.. FICOmmie WACKIN!

#48 hilarycyrus9

hilarycyrus9
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:33 AM

Congrats  

Great job

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.