Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• We're done with the posts turning political, guys.  
  • Starting immediately, any post that turns political will be immediately closed and the poster who interjected politics will be warned.  
  • ​It is our interpretation that deems it political.  We will not entertain discussion about your intentions.  
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Debt, New Homeowner and Foreclosure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lavendar625

Lavendar625
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:04 PM

Hello Everyone,

I've been on this board since 2012 and it has helped me in so many ways. I was at the bottom and through amazing advice and discipline, I was able to pull my credit profile together and qualify for a mortgage and various credit accounts. I just purchased my home in September 2016 and here we are in August 2017 and I'm sinking terribly. I made the mistake of thinking I could maintain the same lifestyle post-homeownership as pre-homeownership. I financed furniture, opened credit cards, paid for home upgrades, traveled and all. I've just made so many mistakes this year. I stopped budgeting and spent money frivolously $5 here $10 there and before I knew it my money was gone.

I'm ashamed and I'm looking for sound advice. I'm behind on my mortgage and trying to figure out how and where to start. Is it possible to come back from this? Lately, I've been trying to state current on my remaining bills so that everything wouldn't fall apart but I don't think that makes much sense.  I should've paid my bills according to priority...mortgage first.  I have a job where finances are important so I need to clear this up. Suggestions and advice needed... I feel like I'm at the end of my rope and near a breakdown. Terribly disappointed in myself.

#2 ladylunis

ladylunis
  • Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

First, stop beating yourself up.  Let it go, stand up straight, and fix it.

Second, how behind are you?  1 month? 3 months?

Is this an FHA loan?  That might have bearing on what you can do.

You may be able to apply for a loan modification.  I have done it, and it brought me current, reduced my interest rate, and lowered my monthly payment.  You need to know the terms of the modification before you decide if that's right for you.

I'm not an expert in mortgages.  Just someone who has been through the same predicament.

Maybe others can offer more advice.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.