Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• We're done with the posts turning political, guys.  
  • Starting immediately, any post that turns political will be immediately closed and the poster who interjected politics will be warned.  
  • ​It is our interpretation that deems it political.  We will not entertain discussion about your intentions.  
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Chime Bank - An Alternative To Checks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:27 AM

I took the bait and opened a Chime Bank account, and have to save I'm tickled pink with it. :blush:

You get a routing and account number, so you can use it to pay bills - if the business allows you to pay with a checking account only.
Some prepaid cards do not offer this option, or they offer it for direct deposit only.

Plus, you get a debit card, which I use exclusively for Point-Of-Sale and online purchases.The Chime app notifies me whenever there is activity on the account, and lists the account balance.

I still keep a local credit union account (with traditional paper checks if I need them) to pay standard household bills. I use Google Wallet to transfer funds between accounts (debit to debit transfer). There is no fee (at present, but this may change), and the funds are there within a few minutes.

I think paper checks are slowly fading and will soon be a thing of the past. I stopped using them because of the fraud possibility. Anyone who takes the check now has instant access to your funds, through fraudulently printed checks.

Gives us any positive or negative updates to your own Chime Bank account.

Edited by tmcgill, 10 October 2017 - 10:30 AM.

#2 clean_it_up

clean_it_up
  • Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:54 AM

I took the bait and opened a Chime Bank account, and have to save I'm tickled pink with it. :blush:

You get a routing and account number, so you can use it to pay bills - if the business allows you to pay with a checking account only.
Some prepaid cards do not offer this option, or they offer it for direct deposit only.

Plus, you get a debit card, which I use exclusively for Point-Of-Sale and online purchases.The Chime app notifies me whenever there is activity on the account, and lists the account balance.

I still keep a local credit union account (with traditional paper checks if I need them) to pay standard household bills. I use Google Wallet to transfer funds between accounts (debit to debit transfer). There is no fee (at present, but this may change), and the funds are there within a few minutes.

I think paper checks are slowly fading and will soon be a thing of the past. I stopped using them because of the fraud possibility. Anyone who takes the check now has instant access to your funds, through fraudulently printed checks.

Gives us any positive or negative updates to your own Chime Bank account.

I have been using Chime for 5 months.

Good: Direct Deposit arrives almost 2 days early, ability to block debit card (I've used other banks blocks and they don't always work. Chime's has been perfect so far), fairly good mobile app.

Bad: Chime checks seem to take 3-9 days to arrive. I haven't used this feature yet. Another account I've had with The Bancorp Bank took a full 9 days so I'm not rushing to try. Also, they are only open 12 hours a day. I had a problem at 11pm PT and had to wait until the next day to speak with someone. Also, cash deposits through Green Dot are $4.95. Won't be using that either.

#3 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:16 AM

Yes, the $4.95 is ridiculous. I do a Google Wallet debit to debit transfer into Chime, moving funds from a local credit union account.

The funds are there within minutes.

#4 ManlyMann

ManlyMann
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:31 PM

I have had a Chime Bank account for going on a year. I haven't had any problems so far. My direct deposit is split between Chime and a regular bank. My Chime deposit usually goes in on the evening of Tuesday, whereas in my other bank it shows up on Thursday around midnight. I haven't had any problems with Chime's mobile deposit, usually after they accept the check the funds are available within a day or so. Their app always seems to work well. I would recommend it. The only downside to this type of account of course is if you need a large sum of cash, it's not as easy to get as a regular bank. Otherwise I really like it. No problems or complaints.

#5 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

Great feedback. :wave:

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.