Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• We're done with the posts turning political, guys.  
  • Starting immediately, any post that turns political will be immediately closed and the poster who interjected politics will be warned.  
  • ​It is our interpretation that deems it political.  We will not entertain discussion about your intentions.  
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

B* reference guide

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#51 creditmonitor2010

creditmonitor2010

Bump Influence X

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

Nein.Why?

Why?

Please tell me your read the first post in this thread

#52 iWhat

iWhat

Bump Influence XXXIII

• Members
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

Sure did but still have ???????

#53 creditmonitor2010

creditmonitor2010

Bump Influence X

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

Sure did but still have ???????

It seems to me the answers to your questions are in the first post.

How about not doing anything for a week but just reading up a bit more in the forum for a week. The really important basic info is in the first post, and you need to read more in the forum for background info if the first post is not enough for you.

#54 Texastarz

Texastarz
  • Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

Hey, quick question, I'm not a new member, but new to B*...

I am now pulling daily USAA (EQ) and SCP (TU). I am waiting to get the MPM (EQ) enrollment stuff in the mail, and I will start pulling them daily as well.. my question is this:

Do I have to pull the same time everyday?

Example: If I pull both services at say 8pm on Sunday, can I then pull at say 7am Monday? Or do I have to wait 8pm on Monday to pull for it to count?

If I havent completely confused you, your response is greatly appreciated.

TIA!

#55 creditmonitor2010

creditmonitor2010

Bump Influence X

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

I don't think you have to pull at the same time everyday.

But I would avoid late night when dates change in the system, I'm guessing somewhere between 9pm-5am.

#56 Repairerer

Repairerer

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper IV

• Members
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

Do I have to pull the same time everyday? No

Example: If I pull both services at say 8pm on Sunday, can I then pull at say 7am Monday? Yes Or do I have to wait 8pm on Monday to pull for it to count? No

MPM used to be like that, but then they changed and we all rejoiced.

#57 Texastarz

Texastarz
  • Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:17 AM

Ok, thanks guys for your responses...I am all over the place lately, not consistent at all, but I'm trying. As long as I know I don't have to pull the same time everyday, I can relax!

~B

#58 core

core
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:00 AM

For SCP and USAA-CMP the cutoff is midnight pacific time. Which works out great for me since I'm always up late and can catch 2 days at once if I need to. (I can't speak for MPM because the stone tablet they're shipping to me with my member ID has not arrived.) I'm not sure why one would need to "avoid late night". As long as you know what time each service switches over.

But the real reason I came to this thread with a followup was:

EC is on the list here for EQ. So I gather it counts, and I sure hope so too, after all the time I've spent with it. But how come I always see posts saying "Nothing prefixed counts, and nothing that says Equifax counts on Equifax"? Is EC the one exception to the rule? I guess they figure if they're getting their monthly $cut they can play nice with us?

Edited by core, 16 January 2011 - 07:02 AM.

#59 iWhat

iWhat

Bump Influence XXXIII

• Members
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:06 AM

For SCP and USAA-CMP the cutoff is midnight pacific time. Which works out great for me since I'm always up late and can catch 2 days at once if I need to. (I can't speak for MPM because the stone tablet they're shipping to me with my member ID has not arrived.) I'm not sure why one would need to "avoid late night". As long as you know what time each service switches over.

EC is on the list here for EQ. So I gather it counts, and I sure hope so too, after all the time I've spent with it. But how come I always see posts saying "Nothing prefixed counts, and nothing that says Equifax counts on Equifax"? Is EC the one exception to the rule? I guess they figure if they're getting their monthly $cut they can play nice with us?

If you call MPM you can get the number youneed to start pulling, been doing it for a week now.

#60 core

core
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:03 AM

Yeah what happened is I picked the worst place to sign up for MPM from. I should have signed up from EIDT but did not do so. Until just now. Used slightly different info and looks like I'm now going to find out what happens with two memberships, even though that was not my intention.. ;) (One is free anyway)

And err just for the record disregard my question about EC. I must have been blind, because the answer is right there in plain sight on pages 115-117 (!!) on the Master EQ/TU b* thread. By next c* date I might reach the end of the thread.

#61 Kavey

Kavey
  • Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:22 AM

LMFAO.... by then you should have 15 more pages to read ;)

#62 BDK

BDK
  • Members
  • 13,038 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

http://creditboards....1

#63 High Score

High Score
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:18 AM

The initial post by cm2010 mentions both EQ and TU. Then this thread mostly covers EQ. I'd like to hear more about B* on TU. Do any other daily pullers (MPM, USAA, CCT, etc) besides SCP count toward the 63 needed for B* on TU? Do hards count toward the 63? What daily pullers will TU only allow one soft per month no matter how many times pulled per month?

#64 core

core
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:45 AM

What daily pullers will TU only allow one soft per month no matter how many times pulled per month?

All of them, besides SCP. Which is why you don't hear much about TU in this thread. Nothing much to say besides "Get SCP".

If any there are any obscure pullers out there that work, the person(s) who know about them are certainly keeping them a secret. Which is fine with me -- I'd rather they kept them a secret at least until after April when SCP gets nerfed.

#65 matty8199

matty8199
  • Members
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:50 AM

quick question on eq that i hope someone can help me with...i signed up for mpm to try to make this happen, since i'm getting chopped. i pull usaa, mpm, scp (i know this doesn't affect eq), and ec every day. every day i check the counter and watch the count go up by 3.

today i'm at 76 soft inquiries...is the magic number of 85 soft inquiries, or total inquiries? if it's total, then i should have bumped one today (i have 10 hards which would put me at 86), but i didn't...

#66 core

core
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:00 AM

today i'm at 76 soft inquiries...is the magic number of 85 soft inquiries, or total inquiries? if it's total, then i should have bumped one today (i have 10 hards which would put me at 86), but i didn't...

It is total. Number of hards plus number of softs that count. Are you saying you have 76 total softs or 76 softs that count towards B*?

#67 matty8199

matty8199
  • Members
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:18 PM

It is total. Number of hards plus number of softs that count. Are you saying you have 76 total softs or 76 softs that count towards B*?

when i copy all my softs from my EQ report and throw them into the auto counter, it says i have 76. i have way more total softs than that...

#68 ilvwhtgrls

ilvwhtgrls
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:24 PM

Anyone notice softs from HSBC after using their pre-selector? Should I count those?

#69 foeplay

foeplay

Bump Influence IV

• Members
  • 7,378 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

Anyone notice softs from HSBC after using their pre-selector? Should I count those?

those don't count.

#70 matty8199

matty8199
  • Members
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:06 PM

can anyone help me out? the online counter says i have 76 softs that count, so with my 10 hards i should have seen one bump today...but it didn't. i still had 10 hards when i pulled via EC this morning (i always do that one last, after USAA and MPM)...

the 76 number is from my soft list that i copied from my EC pull TODAY.

#71 creditmonitor2010

creditmonitor2010

Bump Influence X

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

can anyone help me out? the online counter says i have 76 softs that count, so with my 10 hards i should have seen one bump today...but it didn't. i still had 10 hards when i pulled via EC this morning (i always do that one last, after USAA and MPM)...

It could be one of your inquiries is a sticky inquiry that is immune, those types do not count in 85 and do no go anywhere until 2 years.

If you really want the most up to date picture, log into EC, click on full report, click initiate online dispute, click start new dispute, click inquiries.

#72 matty8199

matty8199
  • Members
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

It could be one of your inquiries is a sticky inquiry that is immune, those types do not count in 85 and do no go anywhere until 2 years.

If you really want the most up to date picture, log into EC, click on full report, click initiate online dispute, click start new dispute, click inquiries.

interesting, didn't know that. how do i know if there are sticky inquiries in there? what makes an inquiry sticky?

edit: the backdoor gave me the same number of inquiries (when put into the counter) - 76.

Edited by matty8199, 17 January 2011 - 04:09 PM.

#73 core

core
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:12 PM

You'll know a hard is sticky when you see newer softs or hards being bumped off, while that one remains. As for what makes it sticky, depends how it was coded (mortgage for example). Or voodoo, take your pick.

I "thought" they still took up a slot but apparently not. One learns something new every day.

What kind of company is your oldest hard?

Edited by core, 17 January 2011 - 04:14 PM.

#74 matty8199

matty8199
  • Members
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:48 PM

It is a mortgage inquiry actually, so maybe that's why. It was my first mortgage pull to get me pre approved...I didn't end up buying a house til 9 months later, so I've actually got 3 others on there from later that year.

Interesting thing is (not sure if it matters) that I did bump the same inquiry from TU...

#75 Repairerer

Repairerer

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper IV

• Members
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

Mortgage are stuck most of the time. A few lucky folks had theirs coded in some way that allowed them to come off but it's not the norm.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.