Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Plastiq Deals and Promos (pay bills/rent/mortgage via credit card)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Big Bear

Big Bear
  • Members
  • 9,674 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:13 AM

We need a centralized thread sharing deals and promotions for those that utilize Plastiq for pushing credit card payments for bills, rent payments, mortgages, etc.

(this could go in the deals forum, but is likely better served here)

A current MasterCard promotion:

Make it easy to pay your rent or mortgage by using Plastiq and your favorite Mastercard®. With Plastiq, you can pay your landlord or lending company, and even set up recurring monthly payments.

And now, when you schedule 6 or more rent or mortgage payments using your Mastercard by March 31, 2017, we’ll waive the Plastiq fee for the first two months*.

*Cancellation of a promotion-qualifying schedule will result in a charge of the waived fee amount.

#2 tobettercredit

tobettercredit
  • Members
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:33 AM

I use plastiq.I saw the promotion.Problem is I don't have a MasterCard.

Edited by tobettercredit, 17 February 2017 - 09:34 AM.

#3 Big Bear

Big Bear
  • Members
  • 9,674 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:48 AM

I'll use something like the Citi DC when the fee is sub 2%, but even this promotion isn't 'worth it' in the long run to me.  I find Plastiq mostly useful for pushing RS through for SUBs.

#4 tmkats

tmkats

Mr. Salad Dressing

• Members
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:08 AM

I'll use something like the Citi DC when the fee is sub 2%, but even this promotion isn't 'worth it' in the long run to me.  I find Plastiq mostly useful for pushing RS through for SUBs.

That sucks.  Was going to look into them to do some RS for my mortgage, but at 2% the fee would eat up whatever I would earn.

#5 donuteric

donuteric
  • Members
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:13 AM

Haven't used them in a while, but have they improved the turnaround time or the ability to track the check?

#6 tobettercredit

tobettercredit
  • Members
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

Haven't used them in a while, but have they improved the turnaround time or the ability to track the check?

You need minimum 6 business days although now they say they can deliver in 3 days

#7 donuteric

donuteric
  • Members
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:33 AM

You need minimum 6 business days although now they say they can deliver in 3 days

The problem I had with them was that I needed to schedule 14 calendar days ahead to make sure check arrived on time, and I had an episode of a missing payment.

#8 Big Bear

Big Bear
  • Members
  • 9,674 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:41 AM

My handful of uses have all been processed at the receiving side within 3 days of the scheduled payment date.  I still buffer that with a week just in case.

#9 donuteric

donuteric
  • Members
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:27 AM

My handful of uses have all been processed at the receiving side within 3 days of the scheduled payment date.  I still buffer that with a week just in case.

Good to know things have improved. Wonder if Amex Gift Card' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>AGC is still fee free (or maybe that was radpad).

#10 donuteric

donuteric
  • Members
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:31 AM

I found this in my PM with another CB member when all my payments made by Amex Gift Card' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>AGC were free in September 2015, but according to friends, that glitch was apparently fixed.

Screen_Shot_2015_09_14_at_9_22_32_PM.png

#11 TampaDude

TampaDude
  • Members
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:41 PM

I found this in my PM with another CB member when all my payments made by Amex Gift Card' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>AGC were free in September 2015, but according to friends, that glitch was apparently fixed.

Screen_Shot_2015_09_14_at_9_22_32_PM.png

#12 mfarmer

mfarmer
  • Members
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:09 AM

Alright... I managed to not plan my new card apps well enough and am facing 2 required spends for bonus offers, so was thinking of using this. Signed up... but not seeing that promotion anywhere under the promotions tab.  Any link provided for the rent promo?

#13 tobettercredit

tobettercredit
  • Members
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:14 AM

Alright... I managed to not plan my new card apps well enough and am facing 2 required spends for bonus offers, so was thinking of using this. Signed up... but not seeing that promotion anywhere under the promotions tab.  Any link provided for the rent promo?

They sent me an email about it.

#14 Big Bear

Big Bear
  • Members
  • 9,674 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:40 AM

I didn't realize they did targeted offers...that's interesting.

If anyone would like a referral link for a couple hundred dollars of free-fee transactions please send me a PM. (I'm not sure if it's against the rules to post the link here)

#15 cloknem

cloknem
  • Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:03 AM

I use their services monthly and my inbox is inundated with referral offers.

"Refer any business with your unique code, and when they make a payment of at least $100 by March 31, 2017, both of you earn 2,500 fee-free dollars. That means you can pay $2,500 worth of bills without the Plastiq fee and there's no limit to how many businesses you can refer!"

Edited by cloknem, 18 February 2017 - 11:04 AM.

#16 mfarmer

mfarmer
  • Members
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:39 PM

Big bear, I'll hit you up when I'm ready. Clok, your link goes to a payment page without any details of the terms not confident that it's giving me any money off

#17 cloknem

cloknem
  • Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:31 PM

Big bear, I'll hit you up when I'm ready. Clok, your link goes to a payment page without any details of the terms not confident that it's giving me any money off

My bad, mfarmer.  I thought I had erased the link which is why I had edited it.  I have never used any of the referral offers just wanted to show that they target pretty heavy.  I will follow up and update after I call them.

#18 Big Bear

Big Bear
  • Members
  • 9,674 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:05 AM

Email from yesterday:

Schedule 6 or more rent or mortgage payments using your Mastercard by March 31st, and we’ll waive the Plastiq fee for the first two payments of the series*.

#19 mfarmer

mfarmer
  • Members
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:20 AM

Any idea if it is just for the targeted recipient? If not, do you mind posting link? I have not received the same offer and would love to make minimum spend for bonus points for a couple of cards.

#20 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 27,649 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

Email from yesterday:

Schedule 6 or more rent or mortgage payments using your Mastercard by March 31st, and we’ll waive the Plastiq fee for the first two payments of the series*.

The * is really important.

I've deleted the email but it basically says

* If you cancel before all six payments are processed you will be retroactively billed the regular fee for the first two.

#21 Big Bear

Big Bear
  • Members
  • 9,674 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

Any idea if it is just for the targeted recipient? If not, do you mind posting link? I have not received the same offer and would love to make minimum spend for bonus points for a couple of cards.

It may very well be targeted, and has "mandrillapp.com/track/click/" within the link.  

#22 mfarmer

mfarmer
  • Members
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:12 PM

Nah... That's just tracking code to see who clicks on it. If it was targeted it would include language saying that it was only intended for the recipient, blah blah blah, if you feel comfortable you forward me the link either here or in a personal message?

#23 Big Bear

Big Bear
  • Members
  • 9,674 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:07 PM

Sorry, had a PM typed up and got sidetracked at work.  And once again while typing this message!

#24 Big Bear

Big Bear
  • Members
  • 9,674 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

Email received...

Any referrals from me will receive 400 'fee free dollars' until April 18th.

Edit: If anyone is interested: Your unique referral code: 496437

Edited by Big Bear, 14 March 2017 - 01:44 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.