Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Discover luv button fixed: Your credit line has been increased.

• Please log in to reply
6645 replies to this topic

#6626 FoxSamual

FoxSamual
  • Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:58 PM

Three statement cycles between approvals for me. There was one unsolicited CLI in there which did NOT reset the three month clock:

09/16: $1,500 (opening CL)
12/16: $2,300 (luv button)
03/17: $3,000 (luv button)
06/17: $3,500 (unsolicited)
07/17: $4,500 (luv button)

Every request I've submitted earlier than the third statement after an approval was rejected with the insufficient experience message. Forgot to request in June, which would've been the third statement, got the unsolicited one, then pulled another one from luv button.

May be worth sitting tight to see if you get a unsolicited CLI at 90 days, then wait another cycle to request, as a way of maximizing your gain. FWIW, I've kept it close to maxed out, running out the clock on the 0% purchases, will PIF when that expires.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by FoxSamual, 20 August 2017 - 07:01 PM.

#6627 EricDET

EricDET
  • Members
  • 818 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:35 AM

Three statement cycles between approvals for me. There was one unsolicited CLI in there which did NOT reset the three month clock:

09/16: $1,500 (opening CL)
12/16: $2,300 (luv button)
03/17: $3,000 (luv button)
06/17: $3,500 (unsolicited)
07/17: $4,500 (luv button)

Every request I've submitted earlier than the third statement after an approval was rejected with the insufficient experience message. Forgot to request in June, which would've been the third statement, got the unsolicited one, then pulled another one from luv button.

May be worth sitting tight to see if you get a unsolicited CLI at 90 days, then wait another cycle to request, as a way of maximizing your gain. FWIW, I've kept it close to maxed out, running out the clock on the 0% purchases, will PIF when that expires.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So you have been carrying a maxed out balance and been receiving CLI's?

#6628 bigpoppa09

bigpoppa09
  • Members
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:11 AM

7 months since my last CLI how long can this madness continue. :dntknw:

#6629 FoxSamual

FoxSamual
  • Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:18 AM

So you have been carrying a maxed out balance and been receiving CLI's?

Basically. I have no idea if that has anything to do with it though. Overall utilization is around 30% so my score is still good. Only carrying the Discover balance to earn bank on the money while the 0% intro rate lasts.

#6630 FoxSamual

FoxSamual
  • Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:29 AM

FWIW, just tried, because my new statement cut, and 7-10 day message. It's almost certainly gonna be "insufficient experience."

Only consistent thing for me is the three statement "rule." Dollars to donuts says a request in October will be approved. In fact, I will likely stop trying outside of these parameters; not sure I like having all the rejections on my "permanent record" with them. :(

Edited by FoxSamual, 21 August 2017 - 07:30 AM.

#6631 nooneimportant

nooneimportant
  • Members
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:26 PM

No go at 5 cycles since my last increase.  Current CL $29k.  I'll try again in a month.

Still nothing at 6 cycles.

#6632 Satmanshorty

Satmanshorty
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:00 PM

My last increase was 2-12-17.  I've tried at least once a week since May, and only got not enough experience letter.  Tried again last Friday and it gave $500.  I canceled increase process, and tried again Saturday and it showed $1000.  Canceled and tried again today and still $1000.  I took the $1000.  Total is $13000 now.

#6633 bigpoppa09

bigpoppa09
  • Members
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:03 AM

7 months since last CLI just hit the luv button wait for it they offered $300 no thank u i declined it i would rather had the Foad letter than that offer. :angry:

#6634 clc222

clc222
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:11 PM

Been almost 8 months since my last CLI with Disco. Decided to smack the button a couple of days ago -- denied.

I just logged in and saw that they slashed my CL from $13k to $5900  :angry: The only thing that's changed recently is my wife's new Amex (for which she'd added me as an AU -- different discussion) reported.

ETA: 

• I'd intended to say that I'm wondering if mashing the button triggered an AR?
  • I just got off the phone with the CSR, and she couldn't tell me what was going on (after 10 minutes of me trying to continually explain to her that I'm asking why my CL was slashed, not for a rundown of what all I'd been spending on). She gave me the number to "Portfolio Verification" to call tomorrow, since they're already closed for today.

Edited by clc222, 30 August 2017 - 06:32 PM.

#6635 Atl-Marcos

Atl-Marcos
  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:40 AM

My last CLI was 4/11/17 and I'm still over 700 and no love at all. Just not enough experience, blah, blah, blah. I guess I should feel thankful I moved from 800 to 2,200 before they stopped giving any love.

#6636 clc222

clc222
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:54 PM

Been almost 8 months since my last CLI with Disco. Decided to smack the button a couple of days ago -- denied.

I just logged in and saw that they slashed my CL from $13k to $5900  :angry: The only thing that's changed recently is my wife's new Amex (for which she'd added me as an AU -- different discussion) reported.

ETA: 

• I just got off the phone with the CSR, and she couldn't tell me what was going on (after 10 minutes of me trying to continually explain to her that I'm asking why my CL was slashed, not for a rundown of what all I'd been spending on). She gave me the number to "Portfolio Verification" to call tomorrow, since they're already closed for today.

finally got a note from Disco this morning (it was dated Aug 27 -- the day after my statement cut) saying they'd done an AR. Their reasons for the CLD was:

- Increasing balances on existing cards

- Payments too small

- Inquiries

I don't believe the "inquiries" BS, but I have been floating some 0% BTs with them for about 6 months. They get minimums, while the rest goes to paying off another card with > 0% APR.

I think the real problem is that the wife's Amex suddenly showed up on my reports w/50% util this month (and dropped my EX FICO8 by 4 points). I never asked to be an AU on that card anyway, and I've since been removed. Now I have to fuss with the CRAs to get the account removed this weekend.

#6637 bigpoppa09

bigpoppa09
  • Members
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:56 PM

ETA: 

finally got a note from Disco this morning (it was dated Aug 27 -- the day after my statement cut) saying they'd done an AR. Their reasons for the CLD was:

- Increasing balances on existing cards

- Payments too small

- Inquiries

I don't believe the "inquiries" BS, but I have been floating some 0% BTs with them for about 6 months. They get minimums, while the rest goes to paying off another card with > 0% APR.

I think the real problem is that the wife's Amex suddenly showed up on my reports w/50% util this month (and dropped my EX FICO8 by 4 points). I never asked to be an AU on that card anyway, and I've since been removed. Now I have to fuss with the CRAs to get the account removed this weekend.

Sorry that happened but minimum payments and high util will get u AA.

#6638 clc222

clc222
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

Sorry that happened but minimum payments and high util will get u AA.

Sorry, I didn't see this post yesterday :(

I'm over being mad at them. Honestly, I was more miffed at not being given any info on what was going on until 4 days after the fact. I understand why they did it now, so I'm over it. I'll rebuild it (after it, and several other cards) get PIF'd this month.

#6639 Redlegs

Redlegs
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:47 PM

Just got a 2k increase via the luv button. 4k total line as of right now my current highest limit!

#6640 trachkids

trachkids
  • Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:16 AM

7 months since last CLI just hit the luv button wait for it they offered $300 no thank u i declined it i would rather had the Foad letter than that offer. :angry:

#6641 bigpoppa09

bigpoppa09
  • Members
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:50 AM

Kept checking it wasn't gone budge off that $300  i accepted it called in and doubled dipped they gave me $700 more to make it 1K.

#6642 direct

direct
  • Members
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:32 PM

A few days ago, I clicked the link for a credit line increase.  Got the 2 day review notice.  Yesterday my phone rang with a toll free number that I didn't recognize.  No message was left but I decided to google it and it was Discover.  Has anyone else received a call from Discover after submitting a credit line increase?  If so, what info were they looking for?

#6643 cv91915

cv91915

Hit Man <3 ♡

• Members
  • 29,323 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:39 PM

A few days ago, I clicked the link for a credit line increase.  Got the 2 day review notice.  Yesterday my phone rang with a toll free number that I didn't recognize.  No message was left but I decided to google it and it was Discover.  Has anyone else received a call from Discover after submitting a credit line increase?  If so, what info were they looking for?

This has been the result of my last two successful CLI requests.  They wanted pay stubs to prove income and employment, which they seem to require for lines > $50,000.

#6644 Tyra

Tyra
  • Members
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:46 PM

Has anyone else received a call from Discover after submitting a credit line increase?  If so, what info were they looking for?

What is your current limit?  Do you have two cards?

It could be simply verifying that you asked for an increase. I don't know why they do that but sometimes they do.

If you have two cards they may ask you if you really want an increase or if you want to allocate credit limit from one card to the other.

If you are near 50K on one card they usually ask for proof of income.

I'd definitely call them back. If they want docs and you don't want to send them that's okay. No harm.

#6645 direct

direct
  • Members
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:49 PM

Has anyone else received a call from Discover after submitting a credit line increase?  If so, what info were they looking for?

What is your current limit?  Do you have two cards?

It could be simply verifying that you asked for an increase. I don't know why they do that but sometimes they do.

If you have two cards they may ask you if you really want an increase or if you want to allocate credit limit from one card to the other.

If you are near 50K on one card they usually ask for proof of income.

I'd definitely call them back. If they want docs and you don't want to send them that's okay. No harm.

ok, you hit one.  I'm at 47k. Perhaps they will go to 50k with no docs. Thanks!

#6646 Tyra

Tyra
  • Members
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:55 PM

They will. They will say something like "We can raise it to 53K with docs." If you ask them to just go to 50K without docs they will say "sure no problem."

2 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.