Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• We're done with the posts turning political, guys.  
  • Starting immediately, any post that turns political will be immediately closed and the poster who interjected politics will be warned.  
  • ​It is our interpretation that deems it political.  We will not entertain discussion about your intentions.  
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Non ChexSystems/non EWS check ordering

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 php111

php111
  • Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:19 PM

I have Alliant Credit Union. Yes, they do pull Chex. Yes, I did have several of accunts both paid and unpaid when opening the account. I froze my report and they opened it with regular savings and regular checking. Later on I applied for a High-rate savings and they got back to me saying there is a freeze on my Chex and one of the CRAs and for me to remove the freeze so I asked to withdraw the application.

Too be safe, I am looking for check ordering companies that does not use neither Chex and EWS because I am on both.

#2 qqk

qqk
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:33 AM

Hmm, applied at Alliant with Chex frozen (it's clean but frozen after an ID theft back in 2015). Just got an option to select regular checking, ended up with pending and someone will contact you. No freeze on CRAs so they'll probably want Chex.

#3 qqk

qqk
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:18 AM

Yes, Alliant needed Chexsystems unfrozen to approve account. If you become a member online, there is no option any more to choose between regular or high-yield accounts -- the accounts automatically become high-yield provided once/if you meet the requirements (minimum balance for savings, minimum deposit for checking). From what I can see, the same is true if you try to open a checking account after you become a member.

Of course, opening a checking account during sign-up is optional, perhaps Chex won't matter if you only get the savings/share account, but if you later want to open a checking account they probably will want to run you through Chex.

Note the following from their disclosure (seems to apply to ATM/debit cards linked to your account(s)):

Members in good standing and without a ChexSystems record have a $500 daily withdrawal limit and a $10,000 daily deposit limit. Members with a ChexSystems record have a $200 daily withdrawal limit and $0 daily deposit limit.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.