Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

I have a judgment against someone else and I want to run a chexsystem report

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 phyregold

phyregold
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:03 AM

I've been on this forum for years, and it's helped me out a lot.  Now i'm on the other side and I want to know if anybody has any insight on how to obtain a chexsystem report against your debtor.  I know you can get any of the 3 CRA reports since I have a judgment and Chexsystem is just like them so I just don't know how to achieve my goal.

Does anybody hav ea data provider contact or a way to obtain the report?

#2 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:54 AM

You would have to qualify for an account - and go through their vetting process.

(800) 428-9623

Fax - 602-659-2197

Edited by tmcgill, 27 January 2017 - 06:54 AM.

#3 phyregold

phyregold
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:21 PM

You would have to qualify for an account - and go through their vetting process.

(800) 428-9623

Fax - 602-659-2197

Thanks for the reply but that number doesn't actually offer any help.

ChexSystems
Consumer Relations
1-800-428-9623
(Recording only-Instructions)

#4 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 21,918 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:38 AM

why run a report?  

just file garnishment / levy orders in court and / or haul them in for a Debtors examination 

they have to answer the court order for disclosure of assets, or be faced with contempt of court & jail time 

#5 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 21,918 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:48 AM

what state are you in?  

there's all sorts of links , and your state court rules of civil procedure on how to enforce a judgment

#6 phyregold

phyregold
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:11 AM

what state are you in?  

there's all sorts of links , and your state court rules of civil procedure on how to enforce a judgment

I'm in PA and yes how to enforce a judgment, but in order to serve a levy on a bank you must know what bank.  And that is the reason for Chexsystems

#7 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:47 AM

Here's the number to speak with a rep:  800.513.7125.

Note: As I mentioned above, there is a vetting process; unless you are a verifiable business, not sure it would be possible to access their system.

#8 IndyPoolPlayer

IndyPoolPlayer
  • Members
  • 4,187 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:05 PM

what state are you in?  

I'm in PA and yes how to enforce a judgment, but in order to serve a levy on a bank you must know what bank.  And that is the reason for Chexsystems

What she meant was during the Debtor's Examination you can force the defendant to disclose the bank and the account numbers under oath. Failure to do so would be contempt or giving false information would be perjury.

Otherwise, I suppose you could hire a gumshoe with access to certain databases (Lexis-Nexus, ARS, Sagestream, etc.) that can dig up this information for you.

#9 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 21,918 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:58 PM

what state are you in?  

http://pghfirm.com/p...n-pennsylvania/

http://research.lawy...e-judgment.html

Debtor's Examination

You can have the sheriff serve the debtor with a notice of a debtor's examination. In a debtor's exam, you can ask the debtor what type of property he owns, where that property is located and whether or not the debtor has a job. Your county courthouse will have more information about this exam and the necessary forms.

Step 1 to collect a judgment in Pennsylvania is to file the judgment IN EACH COUNTY where the debtor resides or owns real property. Real property means a house or land.

Judgments in Pennsylvania act as an automatic lien against real property. This means that the debtor cannot sell their property without satisfying the judgment first. These judgment liens on property are valid for twenty (20) years.

Although a judgment may act as a lien against real property for twenty (20) years, you cannot seek to execute on your judgment unless it is revived every five (5) years.

Also, be careful about magistrate judgments. Magistrate judgments are not always identified by credit reporting agencies and will often not show on credit reports. Thus, you may have a judgment that is NOT acting as a lien.

If you have a magistrate judgment, you should always file the judgment with the county courts where the debtor resides or owns property.

Step 2 to collect a judgment is to praecipe for a writ of execution.

Once the judgment is filed, you can ask the department of court records to issue a “Writ of Execution”. This writ of execution is then taken to the sheriff’s office. The writ authorizes the sheriff’s office to take certain action to collect the monies against the debtor.

These actions consist primarily of:

• Seizing a bank account;
  • Selling personal assets, and/or vehicles; and
  • Selling a house, land or real property.

#10 phyregold

phyregold
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

what state are you in?  

What she meant was during the Debtor's Examination you can force the defendant to disclose the bank and the account numbers under oath. Failure to do so would be contempt or giving false information would be perjury.

Otherwise, I suppose you could hire a gumshoe with access to certain databases (Lexis-Nexus, ARS, Sagestream, etc.) that can dig up this information for you.

What is ARS?

#11 phyregold

phyregold
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:17 PM

what state are you in?  

http://pghfirm.com/p...n-pennsylvania/

http://research.lawy...e-judgment.html

Debtor's Examination

You can have the sheriff serve the debtor with a notice of a debtor's examination. In a debtor's exam, you can ask the debtor what type of property he owns, where that property is located and whether or not the debtor has a job. Your county courthouse will have more information about this exam and the necessary forms.

Step 1 to collect a judgment in Pennsylvania is to file the judgment IN EACH COUNTY where the debtor resides or owns real property. Real property means a house or land.

Judgments in Pennsylvania act as an automatic lien against real property. This means that the debtor cannot sell their property without satisfying the judgment first. These judgment liens on property are valid for twenty (20) years.

Although a judgment may act as a lien against real property for twenty (20) years, you cannot seek to execute on your judgment unless it is revived every five (5) years.

Also, be careful about magistrate judgments. Magistrate judgments are not always identified by credit reporting agencies and will often not show on credit reports. Thus, you may have a judgment that is NOT acting as a lien.

If you have a magistrate judgment, you should always file the judgment with the county courts where the debtor resides or owns property.

Step 2 to collect a judgment is to praecipe for a writ of execution.

Once the judgment is filed, you can ask the department of court records to issue a “Writ of Execution”. This writ of execution is then taken to the sheriff’s office. The writ authorizes the sheriff’s office to take certain action to collect the monies against the debtor.

These actions consist primarily of:

• Seizing a bank account;
  • Selling personal assets, and/or vehicles; and
  • Selling a house, land or real property.

This all sounds good in theory but in reality as soon as you do a JDX and ask for their bank account they get a new bank.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#12 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 21,918 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 06:17 PM

contempt of court, hiding assets. from court orders isn't smart. 

missing the part where the judgment acts as a lien against property  ?  

they either pay up or you take assets / furniture,/ autos etc. 

#13 phyregold

phyregold
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:28 PM

I can - i think you miss the order here.

1) JDX Accounts

2) Debtor says i have bank 'x'

3) JDX Over

4) Debtor gets new bank

5) They're perfectly safe because it's after JDX

I'm not missing the point - I do understand it.  But you have to hope that the person has enough liquid-able assets to clear whats owed + cover the fee for the sheriff to process real estate sales.

Edited by phyregold, 28 January 2017 - 08:28 PM.

#14 IndyPoolPlayer

IndyPoolPlayer
  • Members
  • 4,187 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:18 PM

1) JDX Accounts

3) JDX Over

4) Debtor gets new bank

I'm not missing the point - I do understand it.  But you have to hope that the person has enough liquid-able assets to clear whats owed + cover the fee for the sheriff to process real estate sales.

Then its going back to court and stating you went to levy the account given in the previous proceeding and the account was closed. No judge in their right mind will consider that proper, and might sanction the defendant for contempt.

#15 phyregold

phyregold
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:23 PM

1) JDX Accounts

3) JDX Over

4) Debtor gets new bank

Then its going back to court and stating you went to levy the account given in the previous proceeding and the account was closed. No judge in their right mind will consider that proper, and might sanction the defendant for contempt.

No the account ins't closed, just funds withdrawn.  I appreciate the effort but my attorney is telling me it happens all the time. And they don't have an account to chexsystem and thats why i'm looking to see if someone knew how to get that.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.