Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

ChexSystem Completely Clean // One Major Ding On EWS

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chz

chz
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:23 PM

Where can I open a bank account? I only have 6 inquiries on my ChexSystem and that's it. I have had an account close with Wells Fargo with a negative 700 balance but they report to EWS only. I opened an account with Citi but haven't heard back and it's been 3-4 days. I also need to open a business checking. What would my best route be here in California?

#2 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:47 PM

North or South CA? What's your city?

#3 chz

chz
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:04 PM

Northern California

I'm in San Francisco.

#4 chz

chz
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:28 PM

Just verified I have a few closed accounts on EWS reported as well. They were for inactivity. If I owe them anything, I owe them less than $30. One of the accounts Chase was closed while I was stuck in a hospital and it overdrafted by $27.

#5 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 10:19 AM

Any experience with these banks or credit unions?

They require a clean Chex record - or one with entries 36 months or older.

Banks

Union Bank (branch in Galt. CA)

uboc.com

First Northern Bank (branch in or near San Francisco)

thatsmybank.com

Credit Unions

**Shared branches are one of the benefits of credit union accounts.

You open the account at a main branch, but use neighboring affiliates in close proximity.

(All Bay area CUs that use Chex - but offer Savings Only or second chance accounts)

Bayfed.com

Heritageccu.com

http://www.antiochcommfcu.org

Silveradocu.com

Unitedhealthcu.org

**Because banks change and modify policies, visit their website and call before applying.

Verify what they use to offset adding a bunch of inquiries to your Chex report.

Edited by tmcgill, 24 December 2016 - 10:22 AM.

#6 chz

chz
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:22 PM

Nope and thanks. I will look into them.

#7 chz

chz
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:28 PM

Looks like Citi is about to finish opening my account. Just faxed them driver license and bank statement. They don't use EWS? Will I be able to open my business checking here?

#8 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:40 AM

If the business has no negatives in Chexsystems, and if you have your DBA, LLC or other required papers, you should be able to.
(You mentioned your personal Chex file is clear)

#9 chz

chz
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:03 PM

Yeah. It's a startup and has no record at all whatsoever. I think they run your personal credit in some cases, and in most cases ChexSystems and EWS depending on the bank of course. We're going to incorporate in January as a C corporation in Delaware so everything is legitimate.

Edited by chz, 28 December 2016 - 04:03 PM.

#10 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:28 PM

Just a Reminder:

1.  Keep one or more backup accounts.

2.  Never keep your funds in one banking institution.

3.  Check account activity daily, and review monthly statements.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.