Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Chex clear still denied

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 srbrooks

srbrooks
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:11 AM

Got my Chex report last week and it is clear but applied a t local CU and denied due to information in my Chex report. I'm so confused. Do they get a different report than the one mailed to me

#2 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:31 AM

They may use Early Warning Services (EWS), but their standard form letter just lists Chexsystems.

Some financial institutions use your FICO score, Chexsystems Qualifile scoring, the number of recent inquiries - or they may have other issues confirming your identity. I would contact the CU and get them to give a specific reason for the decline.

Edited by tmcgill, 09 December 2016 - 11:34 AM.

#3 srbrooks

srbrooks
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:46 AM

They did a HP on exp which is 754. So frustrating

#4 Fred030

Fred030
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:10 PM

Is your EWS clear as well?

#5 coffeeintheam

coffeeintheam
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:38 PM

Is your EWS clear as well?

What is ews please

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
Sorry just saw it early warning system

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

#6 illusemycreditcard

illusemycreditcard
  • Members
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:12 PM

Early Warning Services.

#7 Fred030

Fred030
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:07 AM

Lately, banks and CUs are increasingly relying on double pull. 

Word of caution: always keep your reports frozen and know who pulls what for what. It helps to navigate the uncharted ocean of credit as well as channel traffic to your targeted CRA.

#8 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:40 AM

Post an update once you get a specific reason for the decline from the credit union.

You can call EWS and they will tell you if they have anything negative in their files for you.
(Unfortunately, phone and snail mail only)

(800) 325-7775

#9 srbrooks

srbrooks
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:31 AM

I should have checked EWS but did not. Since they have 5 yr reporting as well as Chex and Chex was clear... I assumed EWS was also. And we know how that goes. I will call them .

#10 stevensmileyx

stevensmileyx
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:36 PM

Be aware that just because ChexSystems doesn't have 'reported information' showing that they will still deny you if you have too many successive inquiries lately. It creates a red flag and they will not approve you because it looks like you are applying for multiple accounts. Inquiries how for two years on the Chex reports and can only be removed if they were due to fraud. It is my experience their computer systems deny automatically and some banks, even with no reported information do not override that decision. 

#11 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 22,344 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:18 AM

Got my Chex report last week and it is clear but applied a t local CU and denied due to information in my Chex report. I'm so confused. Do they get a different report than the one mailed to me

Well,    it's illegal for Chex to supply different information to the bank that is not disclosed to you - send a request to Chexs asking for a free report, attach a copy of the denial letter. 

If there's nothing there, then walk into the CU main office and ask what's up with the letter. -  Did they attach a FCRA Adverse action notice ? 

#12 srbrooks

srbrooks
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:43 AM

I literally just got my Chex report on 12/3 and it had no history . I know an old Chase account was on there and recently fell off. I have zero inquiries as well . Does Chex tell the bank to deny or grant an account ? If so, maybe they think I'm too risky since my report just became clear.
And no, they just sent me an email that said unable to open based on information obtained in my Chex report

#13 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:49 AM

Which local credit union denied the account?

Many banks use customized software that runs a combo report. When you apply, they use internal scoring that assesses Chexsystems and your FICO, Chexsystems and EWS - or whatever multiple CRAs they subscribe to. I know a particular large credit union that runs Chexsystems for a Qualifile score, EWS and FICO scoring for approvals.

Many banks and CUs have been known to send that standard form letter listing Chexsystems - when the decision was based on internal scoring or factors. Contact them with the Chexsystems report, and get a specific reason for the denial.

Why You Should Find Out The Specific Reason:

1.  Ensure there is no identity mix-up.

2.  Determine if there is obsolete or inaccurate information associated with your identity.

Edited by tmcgill, 11 December 2016 - 10:55 AM.

#14 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 22,344 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:05 PM

I literally just got my Chex report on 12/3 and it had no history . I know an old Chase account was on there and recently fell off. I have zero inquiries as well . Does Chex tell the bank to deny or grant an account ? If so, maybe they think I'm too risky since my report just became clear.
And no, they just sent me an email that said unable to open based on information obtained in my Chex report

you should get a written Adverse notification within a few days,   wait for it before taking any further action 

#15 srbrooks

srbrooks
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:20 PM

It was bossier federal . I feel so embarrassed!! Have to get a new account to be able to wire transfer if I am approved for mortgage . Going to Community Bank of Louisiana tomorrow

#16 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:21 PM

Note: They have 30 days to send the adverse action letter, but personally I would contact them with the Chex report and get to the bottom of it.

Let us know if you need other banking suggestions for your location. (Don't forget to contact EWS just to confirm).

Edited by tmcgill, 11 December 2016 - 04:23 PM.

#17 srbrooks

srbrooks
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:21 PM

Who should I speak to? I'm already embarrassed 😩

#18 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

You shouldn't be. (If possible, go in. Show them the Chex report) Always ask for the branch manager. Sometimes there is a disconnect between the branch and the back office. Often, the applicant is unable to talk directly with the Security/Loss Prevention section or back office. The Mgr. can contact them and find out what occurred.

Edited by tmcgill, 11 December 2016 - 04:28 PM.

#19 Fred030

Fred030
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

I agree with tmcgill!

If you are not blocked by the Risk Dept, some Branch Managers even go further enough to ignore Chex and open an account regardless of Chex entry as long as it is past 24 months. I have personally tested this approach few times (BOA)

If you cannot open an account elsewhere, HSBC is currently opening accounts with a soft on EXP. Give them a try if you need to.

#20 srbrooks

srbrooks
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:33 PM

I just don't understand because Chex is clear!

#21 Fred030

Fred030
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:46 PM

Banks rely on other sources as well such as EWS, Telecheck etc. You need to examine your EWS as well.

#22 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 22,344 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:12 AM

Banks rely on other sources as well such as EWS, Telecheck etc. You need to examine your EWS as well.

regardless, the CU stated it was Chex. so the CU has to go back to that statement and explain. 

#23 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:47 AM

:good: srbrooks, keep us updated. We're all interested in what Bossier says about the denial.

#24 bpcnabe

bpcnabe
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:22 PM

I should have checked EWS but did not. Since they have 5 yr reporting as well as Chex and Chex was clear... I assumed EWS was also. And we know how that goes. I will call them .

Isn't EWS 7 years reporting, not 5? And since this was Chase, don't they use EWS also since they are one of the owning banks?

Edited by bpcnabe, 13 December 2016 - 04:25 PM.

#25 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:42 PM

EWS responded to us they now report for 5 years. Yes, Chase runs and reports to EWS.

Edited by tmcgill, 13 December 2016 - 06:42 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.