Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

deleting paid account

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hawaiigirl

hawaiigirl
  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:40 PM

Am I understanding correctly that if an account is listed on Chex with NSF or account abuse and also as paid in full that the account gets deleted with a simple dispute? Not like credit collections that have been paid and stay for 7 years? That would be great, since I just was denied an account with 2 such accounts listed...that I didn't even know about!

Edited by hawaiigirl, 08 November 2016 - 06:42 PM.

#2 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:32 AM

Getting a paid account deleted is very difficult, unless there is an error in the information on the report.

Without an error - or legal leverage, it will remain on the report for 5 years.

Many banks and credit unions will approve an account, if it shows paid in full.

Let us know if you need possible bank or credit union options in your area.

#3 KKP

KKP
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:12 AM

I am also in the process with BOA to attempt to get a paid account deleted or at least the stairs changed. They have it listed as possible fraud. I was told by a BOA rep in the debt recovery dept to hand write a letter with proof of paid status. Should I try?

#4 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:01 PM

Yes, you should try. A paid status on Chexsystems makes a difference with many banks and credit unions.

Edited by tmcgill, 02 March 2017 - 12:01 PM.

#5 KKP

KKP
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

Ok. Is there a sample letter that I should use?

Yes, you should try. A paid status on Chexsystems makes a difference with many banks and credit unions.

Is there a sample letter I should try?

#6 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:58 AM

If the account was paid, BOA should have updated the entry to a paid status. If that did not happen, trying disputing the account with Chexsystems as inaccurate information.

#7 KKP

KKP
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

If the account was paid, BOA should have updated the entry to a paid status. If that did not happen, trying disputing the account with Chexsystems as inaccurate information.

Thank you. I will dispute it.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.