Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

EWS

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 DuckyFriend86

DuckyFriend86
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:50 PM

How long does information stay on one's EWS report? My ChexSystem and Telecheck reports are all clear.

Edited by DuckyFriend86, 11 April 2016 - 05:52 PM.

#2 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:52 PM

EWS reports for 7 years. On a positive note, it is not universally used.

Banks Who Own It:

Bank of America, BB&T, JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo and Capital One

#3 DuckyFriend86

DuckyFriend86
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:15 PM

Banks Who Own It:

Thank you!

#4 SierraStar

SierraStar
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:59 PM

Banks Who Own It:

The CSR I spoke to today at EWS said information reports for 5 years. 

#5 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:10 AM

Possibly, they have changed their policy. I will confirm (reps can and do give bad info). If is 5 years, I will post a message on the Chexsystems forum

Thank for the update.

Edited by tmcgill, 19 October 2016 - 07:11 AM.

#6 SierraStar

SierraStar
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:12 PM

Possibly, they have changed their policy. I will confirm (reps can and do give bad info). If is 5 years, I will post a message on the Chexsystems forum

Thank for the update.

Thanks, I also did a search & couldn't find anything to confirm or deny the 5 years. 

If they're like Chex, that would be great. 

#7 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:27 AM

That would be phenomenal! EWS reports usually result in an instant denial or account closure. Many, many indivduals are reported for "fraud", when there really was no fraud on their account.

I'm contacting their corporate office for confirmation.

#8 srbrooks

srbrooks
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:57 PM

Any updates in the five vs seven years

#9 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:37 AM

Getting inconsistent information from EWS reps. Will go higher and post my findings once I speak with management.

#10 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:00 PM

I was able to confirm the five year negative reporting period.

#11 SierraStar

SierraStar
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:55 PM

High five TMC, good detective work! Thanks for investigating. 

I ordered my EWS report on Tues, does anyone know how long it takes to get the report in the mail? 

#12 srbrooks

srbrooks
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:21 PM

So if I'm clear in Chex in11/15/16!! I should be clear on EWS? How can I order my EWS report ? Thank you for your hard work, I pray that is the case !!!

#13 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:57 AM

I spoke with several individuals. (Whenever you verify, you try to get consensus from multple contacts).

Two said the information remained until the bank cleared it (obviously, they need more training).

But the others confirmed the 5 year reporting period.

**Note: The FCRA allows them to report negative information for 7 years, but like Chexsystems, they have chosen to shorten that to five years.

Unfortunately, they do not provide an online option to get your report, you have to call and request by phone. Once you give them your SSN, they will tell you instantly if they have anything in their files.

www.earlywarning.com - 800.325.7775

Edited by tmcgill, 22 October 2016 - 05:58 AM.

#14 srbrooks

srbrooks
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:17 AM

😊

#15 Fred030

Fred030
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:48 PM

I have confirmed with EWS few times.  Negative information is reported for 5 years under first portion and Banks are usually concerned with the first portion of the reports under the box  "Information provided

to EW about closed accounts." Because accounts listed in this first portion have a notation such as "Closed for Cause, NSF, etc. Such notation indicates the reason of why a particular contributor had reported

that account to EWS.  While accounts status, balance history of accounts closed by a bank will still be reported under  the "Transaction history." Presence of an account under "Transaction History" is not  

seen as an adverse factor. EWS also reports inquiries resulted from an action  initiated by a consumer. That information is currently reported for 12 months (two years, if a consumer file is accessed for

employment purposes). EWS does state that number of these inquires may adversely affect a consumer file. Although EWS is subject to FCRA, they do not  have any procedure in place to request

suppression or freeze.

Edited by Fred030, 29 October 2016 - 08:50 PM.

#16 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:01 PM

Federal law requires them to freeze the account if you submit appropriate proof of identity theft.

Individual states may also have statutes to supplement the FCRA that pertain to consumer credit files.

Edited by tmcgill, 30 October 2016 - 12:07 PM.

#17 SierraStar

SierraStar
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:08 PM

Thanks for the info TMC, very good to know.

EWS also reports inquiries resulted from an action  initiated by a consumer. That information is currently reported for 12 months (two years, if a consumer file is accessed for

employment purposes). EWS does state that number of these inquires may adversely affect a consumer file.

This is very interesting, I wonder what constitutes an adverse affect. 

BTW: Does anyone know how long it takes to get your report? I ordered mine via their email back on the 18th & haven't gotten it yet. 

Edited by SierraStar, 30 October 2016 - 01:27 PM.

#18 Fred030

Fred030
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:39 PM

Thanks for the info TMC, very good to know.

EWS also reports inquiries resulted from an action  initiated by a consumer. That information is currently reported for 12 months (two years, if a consumer file is accessed for

employment purposes). EWS does state that number of these inquires may adversely affect a consumer file.

This is very interesting, I wonder what constitutes an adverse affect. 

BTW: Does anyone know how long it takes to get your report? I ordered mine via their email back on the 18th & haven't gotten it yet. 

If you call them, it usually takes 7-10 business days. I have got it a two times by calling the number.

#19 Fred030

Fred030
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:50 PM

Federal law requires them to freeze the account if you submit appropriate proof of identity theft.

Individual states may also have statutes to supplement the FCRA that pertain to consumer credit files.

I did explain to her and she was keep saying we cannot freeze it because it is sort of a database shared by partner banks. I then ran her through the FCRA and its its oversight on collection, retention and

reporting of consumer information. I also explained to her that since EWS is subject to FCRA, selective enforcement of certain provisions to ignore or bypass Section 605B is violation of FCRA. She then stated

that it could be that our EO has a procedure in place for such action as "Security Freeze" but no information is available at her level.

I felt like I was stretching her to far and bid a farewell:)

I did have Police Report of Identity Theft  and I wanted them to block the information subject of that report.  

Edited by Fred030, 30 October 2016 - 01:50 PM.

#20 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:32 PM

SierraStar, that is defined by each financial institution.

Some may not decline an application for 6 inquiries, where others will.

Fred030, I would complete the FTC identity report form and send that - plus the police report to them via certified mail - return receipt.

https://www.identity...-Lost-or-Stolen

#21 SierraStar

SierraStar
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:39 PM

Got my EWS report & I was surprised by what was NOT on it, I was expecting more not less. 

And since it reports for 5 yrs, I don't have much time left for the reporting. 

#22 Fred030

Fred030
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:04 PM

EWS is not as comprehensive as Chex System report.

Reviewing financial institution put more weight into "Closed Accounts" section. 

#23 SierraStar

SierraStar
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:30 PM

My Chex report had even less on it than EWS. 

Neither Chex or EWS has Fraud or Account Abuse listed on any account. 

Closed Accounts are listed as just that, closed accounts. 

#24 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:00 PM

Language in the report varies - depending on the bank or credit union.

#25 SierraStar

SierraStar
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:04 PM

No other language in either report, accounts were simply listed as "closed account." 

There are no other notations, that's it. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.