Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Banks that use Chexsystems

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 mca

mca

Lead - Chexsystems Help Forum

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:55 PM

For updated information please go to https://creditboards...04673&p=5694015

Edited by mca, 08 November 2017 - 06:13 PM.
updated information

#2 jacky

jacky
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

I have four banks reporting to chexsystem. First account is paid, Second account is paid, Third account is NSF and last account still owe 1200, account abused. I've been getting denied a lot lately by banks. Is there anything I can do to stop this and can you please provide me with some banks that don't use chexsystem.

Thank you

If you are reported to chexsystems and you apply for an account at a bank that uses telecheck or a credit report as a means of verification to open the account, you will be approved more than likely unless it is a credit issue. Some banks that use a credit report will use it for identification purposes only while others are looking at your score and credit lines.

Chexsystems does not determine if a bank opens an account for a consumer, it is the banks decision 100%

But many people are drawn to the banks that use chexsystems since the vast majority of them use chexsystems. Many banks now offer second chance checking (various names they call it) for those who have been reported to chexsystems. Then there are banks that do not offer second chance checking but will still allow someone reported to chexsystems to open an account at times. Many banks are now making exceptions.

The problem with second chence checking and banks that make exceptions is that there are no specific guidlines to determine if a person will be able to get an account. Let me try to explain with an example.

BANK A
----------

CUSTOMER 1
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT IS PAID AND SHOWS NO DEBT OWED
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT INDICATES NSF
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT SHOWS THAT 2 BANKS REPORTED THIS CUSTOMER

*** CUSTOMER IS DENIED***

CUSTOMER 2
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT IS PAID AND SHOWS NO DEBT IS OWED
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT INDICATES ACCOUNT ABUSE
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT SHOWS ONE REPORTING BANK

CUMSTOMER 3
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT SHOWS CUSTOMER HAS NO DEBT INFO AVAILABLE
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT SHOWS NSF
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT SHOWS 1 BANK REPORTING

*** CUSTOMER IS APPROVED ***

CUSTOMER4
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT SHOWS SMALL BANLANCE OF 50.00 OWED
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT SHOWS 1 BANK REPORTING

**CUSTOMER IS APPROVED ***

----------------------------------------

BANK B

CUMSTOMER1
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT SHOWS CUSTOMER OWES 1400.00
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT SHOWS 1 REPORTING BANK

***CUMSTOMER IS APPROVED***

CUSTOMER2
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT SHOWS CUSTOMER HAS NO DEBT INFO AVAILABLE
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT SHOWS SUSPECTED FRAUD

CUMSTOMER3
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT SHOWS CUSTOMER OWES 20.00
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT SHOWS FRAUD

***CUMSTOMER IS DENIED***

--------------------------------------------------

BANK C

CUMSTOMER1
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT SHOWS CUSTOMER OWES 400.00
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT IS 3 YEARS OLD

*** CUSMTOMER IS APPROVED ***

CUSTOMER2
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT SHOWS CUSTOMER OWES NO DEBT
-CHEXSYSTEMS REPORT IS ONLY A YEAR OLD

*** CUSTOMER IS DENIED****

In summary, it really depends on the bank itself. Most banks will not be able to give you a set of guidelines if you contact them as to this situation of making exceptions. Again as I said earlier, chexsystems is not what determines if a cumstomer is denied or approved. It is only a tool in which the bank uses to make the decision as to whether or not an account should be opened. I have had people tell me they were denied at a bank but then approved at the same bank but a different branch. That is because each manager and each bank that makes exceptions will make them differently if you have been reported to chexsystems.

This is why I always have expressed that it is critical to know what your chexsystems report says before making the decision to open an account. Knowing a bank makes exceptions will not help you if say for your example your chexsystems report is what we call " toxic" I can tell you that most times given the following information about your chexsystems report, I can pretty much tell you what your chances are at approval at most banks. This is because over the last 5 years I have been told who has been able to open account and who hasn't. It is very important NOT to be denied by applying at banks that will not allow you to open an account. This can cause your account to be flagged and ruin your chances to open an account at a bank that may have approved otherwise.

Personlly I hate chexsystems and still and will always believe if at all possible, never use a bank that uses chexsystems. Policies change, accounts are closed. Bank are sold and new policies are made: accounts are closed. Managers leave and new managers come and accounts are closed. Over the years I have heard horror stories from people being hurt when their accounts that are in good standings are frozen and closed.

This does not however mean I do not understand why people are attracted to the banks that use chexsystems. Many for conveniency and some just prefer the bigger banks. This is where I always suggest that you have a back up account and never have all your money in one place.

Important things to know when applying at banks that uses second chance checking and ones that make exceptions
1.how old is your report
2.how many banks are reporting
3.does the report show debt owed, no debt owed , or no debt info reported
4.does it indicate NSF, accounts abuse, suspected fraud, or fraud

These are all factor that will play into whether a person is approved.

#3 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:15 AM

Options for banks really depend on where you live

#4 RyanT

RyanT
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:07 AM

Would it be wise to dispute with ChexSystems if you have "No Debt information available" when you in fact owe the reporting bank zero? I have an account from just over 3 years ago that says this and it's making it nearly impossible for me to open a bank account.

I disputed the actual item back when it came onto my account and it came back as 'verified' even though in the explanation to me, it said that I in fact owe zero. Stupid ChexSystems data entry people?

Should I dispute the item in whole again or just do the balance? or should I dispute the whole thing again, and if that fails, do the whole thing again?

Thanks,
Ryan

#5 RyanT

RyanT
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:32 PM

*bump*

#6 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:15 PM

you do run the risk that they would in fact place the accurate amount that you owe and possibly not remove it if you dispute. Which bank is it?

#7 clintbeastwood

clintbeastwood
  • Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:55 PM

Wells Fargo offers an account for some users that are on chexsystems. It depends on how many items you have. You might want to give it a try if they are in your area. The checking account is called the an "Opportunity Checking" account, if you are on this account and show good standing for about a year, they will often upgrade you to a regular account.

#8 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:48 AM

Yes, Wells Fargo does offer a second chance checking called New Opportunity Checking. Some have been able to get these accounts and remain okay with them while others were approved but only to have the accounts frozen and closed at a later time due to chexsystems. Many times a bank may initially approve an account but later will determine that the account holder may be a risk. Another growing problem we have seen is from Early Warning Services (EWS) If you have been reported to EWS, do not apply for an account at Wells Fargo or any of the following banks. More than likely they will be closed at a later time.

Early Warning Services is a limited liability company owned by Bank of America, BB&T Corporation, JPMorgan Chase, Wachovia, and Wells Fargo.

#9 webworm98

webworm98
  • Members
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:30 PM

Yes, Wells Fargo does offer a second chance checking called New Opportunity Checking. Some have been able to get these accounts and remain okay with them while others were approved but only to have the accounts frozen and closed at a later time due to chexsystems. Many times a bank may initially approve an account but later will determine that the account holder may be a risk. Another growing problem we have seen is from Early Warning Services (EWS) If you have been reported to EWS, do not apply for an account at Wells Fargo or any of the following banks. More than likely they will be closed at a later time.

Early Warning Services is a limited liability company owned by Bank of America, BB&T Corporation, JPMorgan Chase, Wachovia, and Wells Fargo.

I am little confused here. Are you saying banks open up a second chance checking account, then close them? Isnt that what a second chance checking account is used for?

Edited by webworm98, 12 June 2009 - 01:33 PM.

#10 soccrstar

soccrstar
  • Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:49 AM

Bank of America opened an account for me. I am on chexsystem and owe over 2K between 2 banks. They pulled my credit which at that time was in low 500s to high 400s. I been with them for 1 1/2 yrs to 2 years.

Do it online. thats where I did mine

Edited by soccrstar, 13 June 2009 - 07:50 AM.

#11 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

Right now Bank of America is initially opening accounts for anyone that applies online but they may be closed at a later time. This is especially true if you ahev also been reported to EWS

#12 thehellmouth

thehellmouth
  • Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:48 AM

Some banks that use a credit report will use it for identification purposes only while others are looking at your score and credit lines.

I remember many years ago, probably 7 years, when I wanted to open an account with First National Bank (FNBO) they did run a credit report and denied me. I wasn't even on Chexsystem at the time, and I had no negative tradelines. I simply just had too much credit. And I already had a good open account, but I wasn't happy with the service from the current bank.

Does anyone know if US Bank also runs a credit report for the purpose of score and credit lines? My Chexsystem report is clean , but I'm still working on repairing my credit.

#13 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:53 AM

To my knowledge, US bank does not run a credit report.

#14 punchxcore

punchxcore
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:05 PM

Wells Fargo offers an account for some users that are on chexsystems. It depends on how many items you have. You might want to give it a try if they are in your area. The checking account is called the an "Opportunity Checking" account, if you are on this account and show good standing for about a year, they will often upgrade you to a regular account.

I had that, and that's how I was able to get a checking account again.

For some stupid reason I decided to add my mom and step dad to my checking account when I had Fifth Third and they (mostly my step dad) overdrew my account so much, so I ended up $500 in the negative. I found out that Wells Fargo did the opportunity checking and after about 10 months or so, I went to a college checking account, but then I had one overdraft because of my ortho office and my account got closed cause I couldn't pay the overdraft. So when I went to open another, I had to go BACK to Opportunity Checking, but now I am back on a regular checking/savings account. I think it's called Management Checking or something. I really like Wells Fargo. :) I hated Fifth Third cause they charged you $3 or so every day your account was in the negative, on TOP of their overdraft fee. I don't get that with WF.

I'm gonna get a secured CC through WF probably next month.

Edited by punchxcore, 01 September 2009 - 08:06 PM.

#15 nycluv

nycluv
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:06 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm pretty new to cb, but i've been doing some research and i noticed that gboogie.net has some info on how to deal with chexsystems.

I hope this info can help someone!

#16 isquare

isquare
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:25 PM

I've seen that gboogie website. Seems like he knows a lot about business credit not sure about chex systems. anyway where do i get the list for banks that don't use chexsystems.

#17 srath

srath
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

I was have trouble getting a checking account due to a Chexsystem report originated by Wells Fargo. I applied at US Bank and got approved with no problems.

#18 uspuncho75

uspuncho75
  • Newbies
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:11 AM

Is there any programs out there that will help me get old checks off telecheck or chexsystem if so what are the website adress or bussiness phone number thanks.

#19 dwhit316

dwhit316
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

I was have trouble getting a checking account due to a Chexsystem report originated by Wells Fargo. I applied at US Bank and got approved with no problems.

I got one at US Bank and recently, I just got one at Chae, I was totally shocked!

#20 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

I got one at US Bank and recently, I just got one at Chae, I was totally shocked!

That is GREAT news! :yahoo: Thank you for sharing

#21 bigge85

bigge85
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

Just a question and looking for an answer on possible banks I should go to for opening a bank account.

I'm currently in Minnesota and just moved here from Pennsylvania. In Pennsylvania I had an account open with Northwest Savings Bank without any problems whatsoever and with PNC Bank. So I didn't think I'd have any problem with opening an account here in the city of Owatonna. Went to Owatonna Community Bank (which I believe is also a credit union not 100% sure) and when opening the account I was told they had to run a chexsystems (which I had no idea what it was because I've opened like 15+ bank accounts in various states without a problem ever.) So the banker brought back the report and said checksystems came back with 1 occurrence (which I had no clue what it was.)

Anyways, I lived in Arizona for about a year and had opened an account there with JP Morgan Chase bank. When moving back home to Pennsylvania my brother had taken my debit card and used it (during the drive back) without my knowing and must of overdrafted the account. After telling him about the account he told he had taken care of it and it was closed (sadly he lied)... now this occurrence is almost 4 years old. The date Chase reported it was on 7/29/2008. So after 4 years I had no idea this account was reported or even in bad standings. The chexsystems doesn't state how much is owed or anything. It just states this:

Total Closures: 1
Unpaid Closures: 1

Date Reported:
7/29/2008

Reported by:
JP Morgan Chase - Arizona

Charge-off amt.
(blank)

Collections:
No

Closure Reasons:
Non-Sufficient-Funds (NSF) Activity

Category:
Account abuse

Ok for the questions.

1. Since it's been 4 years should I even bother finding out the charges and paying them off or is there a time limit when they will be dropped?
2. Is there a bank anyone suggest I should open an account at or any banks near Owatonna, MN I could look into opening a bank account?
3. I have bad credit due to my parents opening credit cards in my name when I was in highschool and putting me into debt (found this out when trying to get my own apartment from my credit report, sad some parents do this to there kids and I was a victim of it... still figuring out what to do about it and if anyone has any info. would be much appreciated!) My debts are at least 6-7+ years old. Will having bad credit make it harder to open a bank account or get jobs? Is it possible to get these dropped off my credit report since I didn't do them?

Pretty much any information or help would do and be much appreciated! I've held jobs for 3-4 years + and never any shorter so I have great work ethic and awesome with money. Just sadly screwed over many times by my own family members. Thanks to any suggestions or replies!

#22 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

Just a question and looking for an answer on possible banks I should go to for opening a bank account.

I'm currently in Minnesota and just moved here from Pennsylvania. In Pennsylvania I had an account open with Northwest Savings Bank without any problems whatsoever and with PNC Bank. So I didn't think I'd have any problem with opening an account here in the city of Owatonna. Went to Owatonna Community Bank (which I believe is also a credit union not 100% sure) and when opening the account I was told they had to run a chexsystems (which I had no idea what it was because I've opened like 15+ bank accounts in various states without a problem ever.) So the banker brought back the report and said checksystems came back with 1 occurrence (which I had no clue what it was.)

Anyways, I lived in Arizona for about a year and had opened an account there with JP Morgan Chase bank. When moving back home to Pennsylvania my brother had taken my debit card and used it (during the drive back) without my knowing and must of overdrafted the account. After telling him about the account he told he had taken care of it and it was closed (sadly he lied)... now this occurrence is almost 4 years old. The date Chase reported it was on 7/29/2008. So after 4 years I had no idea this account was reported or even in bad standings. The chexsystems doesn't state how much is owed or anything. It just states this:

Total Closures: 1
Unpaid Closures: 1

Date Reported:
7/29/2008

Reported by:
JP Morgan Chase - Arizona

Charge-off amt.
(blank)

Collections:
No

Closure Reasons:
Non-Sufficient-Funds (NSF) Activity

Category:
Account abuse

Ok for the questions.

1. Since it's been 4 years should I even bother finding out the charges and paying them off or is there a time limit when they will be dropped?
2. Is there a bank anyone suggest I should open an account at or any banks near Owatonna, MN I could look into opening a bank account?
3. I have bad credit due to my parents opening credit cards in my name when I was in highschool and putting me into debt (found this out when trying to get my own apartment from my credit report, sad some parents do this to there kids and I was a victim of it... still figuring out what to do about it and if anyone has any info. would be much appreciated!) My debts are at least 6-7+ years old. Will having bad credit make it harder to open a bank account or get jobs? Is it possible to get these dropped off my credit report since I didn't do them?

Pretty much any information or help would do and be much appreciated! I've held jobs for 3-4 years + and never any shorter so I have great work ethic and awesome with money. Just sadly screwed over many times by my own family members. Thanks to any suggestions or replies!

I did email you today.. I hope I can help :)

#23 Jcm

Jcm
  • Newbies
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

Opening an account in 34105 that does not use chexsystems or EWS. Thank you.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.