Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• Please note changes to the Terms of Service for Creditboards.com.  A "plain language" summary has been added to the TOS and to the registration agreement.  No other changes were made.  If you post after you read this, we consider that acceptance of the new terms.  If you have any questions concerning the new terms, please feel free to PM an admin or email admin@creditboards.com
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Discover luv button fixed: Your credit line has been increased.

• Please log in to reply
6309 replies to this topic

#6301 precision

precision
  • Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:29 PM

Discover declined me again this month for a cli.  stuck at 1500.

BOA gives me a $5,500 cash rewards today.

go figure.

How many months in a row?

(correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you have recent app sprees? or am I confusing you with another user?)

I think I received at least 30+ denial letter and after 10 months of opening the account *drumrolllllllllllllllll*

+$300 & first CLI with Disco  :rofl:

I couldn't believe my eyes lol.  I never use this card but maybe the system got sick of sending out the denial letters.

The change that did happen to my reports are my utilization dropped from 9% to 3%.  
In either case...I'll take it.  I should probably use this thing?  It's the top 5 lowest CC along with Cap1 Spark Biz and AMEX blue cash everyday.

I also received a whopping $300 CLI from them in 2016. Many have better luck than I though, congrats!

I received a couple of $200 increases last year. :dntknw:

We thought you made those up just so you could post with Kat. :lol:

:D

My last card before this newest BOA was my NFCU in Feb which was when I got the Disco to 1500 as well.  I had not done anything since then.

#6302 Newguy00

Newguy00
  • Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:54 PM

So how often are people hitting up Disco for CLI's now?     Are you still doing it weekly Kat?  :grin:   Or is it once a month for everyone?

Edited by Newguy00, 20 April 2017 - 09:54 PM.

#6303 Newguy00

Newguy00
  • Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:09 PM

I read recently that most of you are on the 91 day plan.... but I was curious if you were hitting the button more often than that.

#6304 Kat58

Kat58

CB Detective

• Members
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:17 AM

So how often are people hitting up Disco for CLI's now?     Are you still doing it weekly Kat?  :grin:   Or is it once a month for everyone?

I know you were being smarcastic.

Been quiet around here... so  :dntknw:

#6305 Konrad2012

Konrad2012

Bang Influence

• Members
  • 11,788 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:04 AM

I read recently that most of you are on the 91 day plan.... but I was curious if you were hitting the button more often than that.

Eveyone should hit the button every couple of weeks. There is not a single case of adverse action reported from being aggressive.

#6306 Kat58

Kat58

CB Detective

• Members
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:14 AM

There is not a single case of adverse action reported from being aggressive.

https://creditboards...opic=591537&hl=

#6307 Konrad2012

Konrad2012

Bang Influence

• Members
  • 11,788 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:57 AM

No he was aggressive and got $25mm to sit around for a year and write a book that will make him more money. It always pays to be aggressive. Remember you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Edited by Konrad2012, 21 April 2017 - 03:59 AM.

#6308 Kat58

Kat58

CB Detective

• Members
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:32 AM

No he was aggressive and got $25mm to sit around for a year and write a book that will make him more money. It always pays to be aggressive. Remember you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

I made you look  :D  and I agree.

#6309 Newguy00

Newguy00
  • Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:07 AM

Okay thanks. It was a month since my last try/rejection so I tried again....nothing. I'm currently stuck at just under 20k.

#6310 Kat58

Kat58

CB Detective

• Members
  • 7,315 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:15 AM

+$500 to 9.6k now

Hey girl... have you tried for an increase since November?

Happy Birthday!  :wave:

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.