Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• We're done with the posts turning political, guys.  
  • Starting immediately, any post that turns political will be immediately closed and the poster who interjected politics will be warned.  
  • ​It is our interpretation that deems it political.  We will not entertain discussion about your intentions.  
  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.
  • Yo!  AOL email is bouncing and they aren't giving us a way to get off their blacklist.  If you're registered with an AOL email address and you have another one you can use in your settings, please change your email on record, so you can get the notifications you're expecting.

Photo

Who can I hire to "just handle it"? pay/settle debts and clean up report

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mobiusloop

Mobiusloop
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

I went through a financial hell of a year and ended up with a charged off Amex gold ($13k), late payments on a capital one quicksilver card, and late payments on a navy federal card that I am an authorized user.

I also have about $2400 in medical bills that are with FFCC collection agency.

I hired Lexington law firm to work on some of this, but it hasn't made much of a difference and after reading some of these boards, I suspect hiring them was a mistake.

I now have plenty of cash flow and can afford to pay all the debt. I've already paid off the capital one card and the navy card. However, what I don't have is time. I do not have or want to take the time to do the research, write the letters, and do whatever else needs to be done. I want to hire a person or firm to just take care of it. Tell me which creditor to pay, how much to pay, and to take care of anything else that will clean up my report and boost my score as much as possible.

Aside from Lexington law which just seems to file disputes, are there any firms that will do this for me? I don't care if it's expensive, I just want it taken care of without having to worry about it or consume any of my time.

My credit scores are currently in the 550s.

Thank you!
--chris

#2 breeze

breeze

Site Owners

• Admin
  • 54,294 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:42 PM

Welcome to CB! You're right, Lex can usually get the low hanging fruit - stuff that comes off with a simple dispute. Unfortunately, paying your debts doesn't raise your score. When did you stop paying on these accounts? 

#3 Mobiusloop

Mobiusloop
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:37 AM

The Amex became delinquent in September of 2015 and was charged off in may of 2016. It has not been sent to a collection agency. I'm willing to pay this in full if it will keep me off the Amex blacklist and let me get another card.

The capital one became delinquent in December of 2015 and became 120 days late in march of 2016. It is now paid in full and I use it each month and pay it off each month.

The navy card went 30 days delinquent in September of 2015 and was off and on with a total of 7, 30 day lates throughout the year. It is now also paid off and still open.

The medical bills were all sent to collection in January of 2014. I didn't even know these slipped through. I thought insurance had covered it. They are all with FFCC.

#4 IndyPoolPlayer

IndyPoolPlayer
  • Members
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

Aside from Lexington law which just seems to file disputes, are there any firms that will do this for me? I don't care if it's expensive, I just want it taken care of without having to worry about it or consume any of my time.

There is no legitimate firm that can "just take care of it". There's lots of scam firms out there, and there's LL which caters to those who can't find their way here. 

#5 Brog

Brog
  • Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:37 PM

You should salvage the Amex card asap (pay it off to prevent it from showing as a collection).  That will help bring the score back up.  It's probably the collections and thin file that is keeping you down.  The lates will eventually roll off since your cards are still open.  Unfortunately, you really need to do the research and follow WhyChat's method for getting rid of the medical collections.  It does take time but you can get help for those under the Medical group.  Post the collection agency and provide some detail.  You are in better shape than myself at this point.  Not to difficult for you to right the ship!  Just a little time consuming... This isn't an easy road but it is a promising (and forgiving) one!

#6 Mobiusloop

Mobiusloop
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:40 PM

The Amex shows as charged off. What can I do to salvage it?

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2015 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.